4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Squarkus
February 16, 2012, 4:48pm

Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.05
Rep Score: +4 / -8
Approval: -295
[quote=613]

Your point being what? I made a statement which I understand to be true. How does your comments about Fenty walking away come into the equation?

Tell me, if JF wrote his loans off and gave the club his "investment" would it be OK for people to slag him off because he didnt want to run the club anymore?

Parker put in what he promised didnt he? Nothing less than what he promised. So why is he fair game for abuse?

Unless you know different in which case I'm all ears.[/quote 1) sholder to sholder springs to mind, what does that mean.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 38
Chris
February 16, 2012, 4:57pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.12
Rep Score: +19 / -3
Approval: +1
Quoted from Squarkus
[quote=613]

Your point being what? I made a statement which I understand to be true. How does your comments about Fenty walking away come into the equation?

Tell me, if JF wrote his loans off and gave the club his "investment" would it be OK for people to slag him off because he didnt want to run the club anymore?

Parker put in what he promised didnt he? Nothing less than what he promised. So why is he fair game for abuse?

Unless you know different in which case I'm all ears.[/quote 1) sholder to sholder springs to mind, what does that mean.

Agreed to fund until the end of next season was also a term used. Seriously, where does all this name calling of Mike Parker get anyone? How much did Mr Parker put into the club? If I offered to put in the same but at the end of 2 years Id walk away, you'd still take it wouldnt you?

Unless he made  promises he didnt keep, then I don't understand why he is being abused.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 38
sonik
February 16, 2012, 5:14pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.28
Rep Score: +23 / -9
Approval: +28
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from Chris

Agreed to fund until the end of next season was also a term used. Seriously, where does all this name calling of Mike Parker get anyone? How much did Mr Parker put into the club? If I offered to put in the same but at the end of 2 years Id walk away, you'd still take it wouldnt you?

Unless he made  promises he didnt keep, then I don't understand why he is being abused.

Chris.  John as you know gets more than his share of abuse don't you think?  We have some narrow minded posters on here and other boards. You need thick skin as perhaps you've already guessed from your involvement on the Trust Board.  I feel from your take on all this that you are in the MP camp.  I don't agree with some of the comments that have been posted too.  Best ignored most of them IMHO.  UTM!

The Futures Bright Its Black And White!
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 38
Wrawby_Mariner
February 16, 2012, 5:30pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +50 / -13
Approval: +862
Gold Stars: 6
Quoted from sonik

Chris.  John as you know gets more than his share of abuse don't you think?  We have some narrow minded posters on here and other boards. You need thick skin as perhaps you've already guessed from your involvement on the Trust Board.  I feel from your take on all this that you are in the MP camp.  I don't agree with some of the comments that have been posted too.  Best ignored most of them IMHO.  UTM!

There doesn't need to be a MP camp and JF camp just a single GTFC camp. What has happened has happened and we make make the best of the cards we are dealt. Everyone has their own opinion on what is best for the club regardless of personal agendas. I don't know if Chris agrees with me but when I joined the Trust board it was because I, like 99.9% of fans do not have the financial clout of the Fenty's and Parker's of this world but still feel they have something to give to GTFC. We do all want the same thing and there is no need to be underhand about things.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype Skype
Reply: 23 - 38
Chris
February 16, 2012, 5:40pm
Table Wine Drinker
Quoted from sonik

I'm not in any camp, Steve.

I actually wish we weren't reliant upon anyone.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 38
sonik
February 16, 2012, 6:00pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.28
Rep Score: +23 / -9
Approval: +28
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from Wrawby_Mariner

There doesn't need to be a MP camp and JF camp just a single GTFC camp. What has happened has happened and we make make the best of the cards we are dealt. Everyone has their own opinion on what is best for the club regardless of personal agendas. I don't know if Chris agrees with me but when I joined the Trust board it was because I, like 99.9% of fans do not have the financial clout of the Fenty's and Parker's of this world but still feel they have something to give to GTFC. We do all want the same thing and there is no need to be underhand about things.

Believe me Wrabs.  Nothing underhand from me.  Just an observation and opinion.  Others have them on here so will I.

The Futures Bright Its Black And White!
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 38
Squarkus
February 16, 2012, 6:05pm

Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.05
Rep Score: +4 / -8
Approval: -295
Quoted from Chris

I'm not in any camp, Steve.

I actually wish we weren't reliant upon anyone.

but we are, (mr fenty) a bit of good fortune on the pitch and the fishy does not mention fenty, until this share issue raises its ugly head now he,s going to make out of it, i dont think so do you, however chris if it was   your money would you not want the control, parker has given the trust the shares with one ajenda in mind, its certanly not for the benafit of the football club or the fans, if it was he should of given them to fenty himself, the trust as you no will always get support from the club if they come up with the right biusness plan that benafits are great cause gtfc.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 38
headingly_mariner
February 16, 2012, 6:14pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +34 / -21
Approval: +10,408
Gold Stars: 124
Quoted from Squarkus
but we are, (mr fenty) a bit of good fortune on the pitch and the fishy does not mention fenty, until this share issue raises its ugly head now he,s going to make out of it, i dont think so do you, however chris if it was   your money would you not want the control, parker has given the trust the shares with one ajenda in mind, its certanly not for the benafit of the football club or the fans, if it was he should of given them to fenty himself, the trust as you no will always get support from the club if they come up with the right biusness plan that benafits are great cause gtfc.

Thanks John
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 38
Chris
February 16, 2012, 6:16pm
Table Wine Drinker
Quoted from Squarkus

I dont appreciate people trying to second guess my allegiences frankly, particularly given my only true allegience is to GTFC (on this matter).

Only Mr Fenty and Mr Parker know what went on and I am sure if we asked them both they would have entirely different answers. Which would be the truth? Well we supporters will never know will we. What we know is that it's GTFC that is piggy in the middle as two rich men squabble.

Re if it was my money, sadly it's just a theoretical question as I don't have that kind of money so it's pointless me even replying to the question. However, what I can say is that I wouldnt set a budget without ensuring funds were there to meet it. I'm still unsure how we are where we are when the budget was set, agreed and funded, but then thats a different thread isn't it.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 38
Chris
February 16, 2012, 6:17pm
Table Wine Drinker
Quoted from headingly_mariner

Thanks John

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 38
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Dear mr Parker

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.