headingly_mariner
February 16, 2012, 6:20pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +34 / -21
Approval: +10,408
Gold Stars: 124
Quoted from Chris

It seems to me that you used to be a full on fenty fan and now you have had the brief pleasure of dealing with him you are not. Is that a fair observation?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 38
Garth
February 16, 2012, 6:23pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.91
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,936
Gold Stars: 27
Quoted from Chris

I'm not in any camp, Steve.

I actually wish we weren't reliant upon anyone.

But in this non perfect world we are, lets just accept it and concentrate on football matters on the field
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 38
Chris
February 16, 2012, 6:27pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.12
Rep Score: +19 / -3
Approval: +1
Quoted from headingly_mariner

It seems to me that you used to be a full on fenty fan and now you have had the brief pleasure of dealing with him you are not. Is that a fair observation?

I'm not a "fan" of anyone. I've alwas found him (Fenty) to be pleasant in my brief dealings with him.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 38
Wrawby_Mariner
February 16, 2012, 6:28pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +50 / -13
Approval: +862
Gold Stars: 6
Quoted from sonik

Believe me Wrabs.  Nothing underhand from me.  Just an observation and opinion.  Others have them on here so will I.

No I meant generally not aimed at you .. Sorry shoul have said
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype Skype
Reply: 33 - 38
headingly_mariner
February 16, 2012, 6:29pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +34 / -21
Approval: +10,408
Gold Stars: 124
Quoted from Chris

I'm not a "fan" of anyone. I've alwas found him (Fenty) to be pleasant in my brief dealings with him.

very diplomatic  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 38
Squarkus
February 17, 2012, 8:24am

Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.05
Rep Score: +4 / -8
Approval: -295
Quoted from Chris

if you listened to RH last night, you will have heard he is on holliday, im actually his sister/wife. doh !!!

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 38
Marinerz93
February 17, 2012, 8:54am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.55
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from Squarkus

if fenty came of the board, and walked away when parker fell out with the other board members, and left him (the majority share holder) totaly in control of gtfc we would not have a football club at this present time.

The reason why MP walked away was because he was set up for a fool.  We'll never know if he would have taken the club on because of the benign loan we owe to JF.  How much would it have cost MP to buy out JF without the benign loan then put that up against how much it would have cost him with the benign loan.  You have your answer, couple that with he was promised certain boardroom changes that didn't happen and openly stated that at the time.  Also in addition the covenant he has put forward as a deal on the trust against taking any more MP shares.

MP put £1 Million directly into the club, the only major investor to do so during JF's tenure and now we can see why.

What has Elsom, Chapam done during JF's tenure, 'change their vote like they usually do' when JF pressures them.

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 38
forza ivano
February 17, 2012, 10:21am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,305
Gold Stars: 266
interesting thread - 3 points which i've made before
1) the trust are piggy in the middle of a squabble between 2 rich men. the trust are being used by both jf and mp to suit their own agendas. this could be used to the trusts advantage by truning the tables somewhat and play one off against the other
2) i really hope the trust board are keeping open a good line of communication with mp (you know the old saying - my enemy's enemy is my friend
3) why should elsom and chapman be on the board and not the trust?
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 38
Marinerz93
February 17, 2012, 11:07am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.55
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from forza ivano
interesting thread - 3 points which i've made before
1) the trust are piggy in the middle of a squabble between 2 rich men. the trust are being used by both jf and mp to suit their own agendas. this could be used to the trusts advantage by truning the tables somewhat and play one off against the other
2) i really hope the trust board are keeping open a good line of communication with mp (you know the old saying - my enemy's enemy is my friend
3) why should elsom and chapman be on the board and not the trust?

From the roof tops with bells on it.

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 38
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Dear mr Parker

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.