Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › Painting the Pontoon Gate
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 31 Guests

Painting the Pontoon Gate

This thread currently has 29,039 views. Print
17 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 Next All Recommend Thread
oldun
January 5, 2012, 3:38pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.90
Rep Score: +57 / -5
Approval: +3,475
I am with the "keep it simple" idea to get the tribute done. Fancy ideas can wait. Tidy the gate up, get it painted (I like the black and white stripes idea for that) and get the memorial tribute done tastefully.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 90 - 162
chicaneuk
January 5, 2012, 4:11pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.21
Rep Score: +14 / 0
Approval: +1,486
Gold Stars: 5
Quoted from oldun
I am with the "keep it simple" idea to get the tribute done. Fancy ideas can wait. Tidy the gate up, get it painted (I like the black and white stripes idea for that) and get the memorial tribute done tastefully.

I have to agree with this.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 91 - 162
topuphere666
January 5, 2012, 5:33pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.19
Rep Score: +24 / -7
Approval: +1,843
Gold Stars: 3
Yea keep it simple and itll look effective, the portrait idea could turn out awful
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 92 - 162
nelly_gtfc
January 5, 2012, 5:47pm
Guest User
Quoted from ticker_1610
Wrabz is a bit of an artist!!
THIS! that's if he wanted too, would love to see something of his artistic skills on the gate.
Reply: 93 - 162
Wrawby_Mariner
January 5, 2012, 5:48pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +50 / -13
Approval: +862
Gold Stars: 6
Having just returned from a brief meeting with Dale Ladson we both agreed that painting directly onto the gate would be both difficult would compromise the quality of any final piece. Basically what we have to play with is a canvas covering both gates with the total size of 13 feet high and 8 feet wide which is massive. The club thought as we are remembering two young Mariners a graffiti style or a style loosely based on that would be quite fitting. Materials will be ordered when I have submitted an idea the club approve of so the next step really is to come with some ideas, so if anybody would like to offer an idea or ideas i would really appreciate it. I will post some ideas of my own for the fishy communities consideration this evening.

Marc
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype Skype
Reply: 94 - 162
mariner2000
January 5, 2012, 5:54pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +3 / -1
Approval: +165
Gold Stars: 3
Quoted from Wrawby_Mariner
Having just returned from a brief meeting with Dale Ladson we both agreed that painting directly onto the gate would be both difficult would compromise the quality of any final piece. Basically what we have to play with is a canvas covering both gates with the total size of 13 feet high and 8 feet wide which is massive. The club thought as we are remembering two young Mariners a graffiti style or a style loosely based on that would be quite fitting. Materials will be ordered when I have submitted an idea the club approve of so the next step really is to come with some ideas, so if anybody would like to offer an idea or ideas i would really appreciate it. I will post some ideas of my own for the fishy communities consideration this evening.

Marc

Brilliant Wrawbs I'm sure you will do them proud
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype Skype
Reply: 95 - 162
wigworld
January 5, 2012, 7:14pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.58
Rep Score: +32 / -3
Approval: +2,080
Gold Stars: 29
I've just heard from Dale, and the gate will be for just a year. It wasn't something I was aware of when I started this, and it wasn't mentioned at all on the ebay listing, but its something the club have been doing for a few years now and it has always been for just a year.
It wasn't my intention (or the clubs) to mislead anyone, and if anyone wants to withdraw their pledge, or have their money returned, I understand completely. Please just send me a PM.
But I hope most of you will still see it a good tribute to the guys, even if it's not for as long as we thought.
Sorry,
David
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 96 - 162
Biccys
January 5, 2012, 7:16pm
Posts Per Day: 2.04
Rep Score: +55 / -22
Approval: +1,226
Gold Stars: 27
Is that the plaque will only be for a year? That's a shame if so, but I'm still in.

Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 97 - 162
roundballovalhole
January 5, 2012, 7:25pm
Guest User
Quoted from Biccys
Is that the plaque will only be for a year? That's a shame if so, but I'm still in.

Plaque? Wrawbz soundz like he's about to tag-it-up in a bad behind Bronx-styleeeeeeee!
Reply: 98 - 162
wigworld
January 5, 2012, 7:28pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.58
Rep Score: +32 / -3
Approval: +2,080
Gold Stars: 29
Quoted from 1054

Plaque? Wrawbz soundz like he's about to tag-it-up in a bad behind Bronx-styleeeeeeee!

What gives you that idea?

Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 99 - 162
17 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › Painting the Pontoon Gate

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.