Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › Painting the Pontoon Gate
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 16 Guests

Painting the Pontoon Gate

This thread currently has 29,036 views. Print
17 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 Next All Recommend Thread
barralad
January 4, 2012, 10:35pm
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.32
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,295
Gold Stars: 127
Discussed this with Wrawbs tonight at the Trust Board meeting. My only fear is that it would be like a magnet to graffitti artists everywhere-especially those of away teams...

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 50 - 162
tonyfordsmicrofro
January 4, 2012, 10:43pm

Lower Findus
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +37 / -4
Approval: +26
maybe getting ahead of myself here but maybe just keep it to a legends theme if players are going to be painted on the gate. Not saying that I dislike Hearn, far far from it, or any of the current squad (maybe with the exception of Duffy) but I think if they are to be honoured, they should be true, proven GTFC servants before they get on "the gate".

But anyway, I struggle to paint a skirting rail. Just my thoughts. I'd be happy with just seeing the gate spruced up with a lick of paint for the time being.

You fill up my senses,
Like a barrel of Tetley's,
Like a packet of Woodbine,
Like a good pinch of snuff,
Like a night out in Cleethorpes,
Like a greasy chip butty,
O, Super Black and Whites,
Come fill me again
Na na naa naa naa naaaa TOWN!!
Na na naa naa na na naaaa
Na na naa naa na naaa naaa
Na na naa naa naa naaaaaaa!!!!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 51 - 162
lobsterpot
January 4, 2012, 11:02pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +18 / -2
Approval: +742
Gold Stars: 15
Just to add my ten pennerth worth, 1 of the posts above went on about the club just wanting a lick of paint not the mona lisa. Let's not forget it's ok us all wanting/agreeing on something fitting for Matt and Rich but the club CHANGE the gate every year to make money so i'm sure, with all the best will in the world, they would not agree to a permanent fixture unless they know they are gonna get a guaranteed donation every season.

" YOU ALWAYS SCORE FROM OUR CORNERS, SCORE FROM OUR CORNERS........"

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 52 - 162
wigworld
January 4, 2012, 11:13pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.58
Rep Score: +32 / -3
Approval: +2,080
Gold Stars: 29
Quoted from lobsterpot
but the club CHANGE the gate every year to make money

Are you sure about this? If correct, it's the first I've heard of it.  
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 53 - 162
roundballovalhole
January 4, 2012, 11:18pm
Guest User
This could so easily look REALLY sh1t!
Reply: 54 - 162
Simariner
January 4, 2012, 11:21pm

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.46
Rep Score: +29 / -4
Approval: +505
Quoted from Brazilnut
just a massive town badge.....maybe a bit of arty farty stuff round the edges ...it is leading to our home end .....so show who's end it is

Agreed. Nice and simple for starters.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 55 - 162
roundballovalhole
January 4, 2012, 11:36pm
Guest User
This is gonna look ridiculous. . . just get a signwriter to do it professionally or a plaque. . . ffs that will look far classier than anything wrawbz is gonna spunk over it.
Folk on here all get a bit 'premature ejaculation' about things. . . like thst guy who when asked about a new stadium said it should be 20000 seater. . . in the shape of a trawler, with a net of fish in it, and haddock-shaped airship-scoreboards. .   its like being in the special class at primary school on here. . .
Mark my words.. it will look sh1t! Dont let wrawbz near it!
Reply: 56 - 162
gary_elton
January 4, 2012, 11:45pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.20
Rep Score: +23 / -6
Approval: +1,243
Gold Stars: 6
wrawbz has done some cool art stuff on here... but I agree... sentiment musn't rule here...

far better to have something respectful and acceptable...  wrawbz....  ask if you can do something we
might appreciate on the catering vans..... like... Eat at McD's....  

All my pictures , Seem to fade to black and white.... (Reg Dwight)
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 57 - 162
mariner2000
January 4, 2012, 11:45pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +3 / -1
Approval: +165
Gold Stars: 3
I think if the  club are happy it's worth a shot especially considering it will be done for free, will tidy up the gate even for a short while.

Needs a space leaving on it for the plaque that carries the sponsors name each year, which I sure the club would stipulate.

I think as long as everyone (including wrawbs who we should applaud for his offer - along with the others that might not end up being needed) realises that the club won't guarantee it will last more than one season (just in case it's naff or graffiti etc) then I can't see any harm.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype Skype
Reply: 58 - 162
Simariner
January 4, 2012, 11:49pm

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.46
Rep Score: +29 / -4
Approval: +505
Nice licker of paint and have the gates black and white stripes.

I'm sure the neighbours will be happy lol
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 59 - 162
17 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › Painting the Pontoon Gate

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.