Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › Painting the Pontoon Gate
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 22 Guests

Painting the Pontoon Gate

This thread currently has 29,014 views. Print
17 Pages Prev ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 Next All Recommend Thread
wigworld
January 6, 2012, 11:25am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.58
Rep Score: +32 / -3
Approval: +2,080
Gold Stars: 29
He's just throwing up some 'rough sketches' to get feedback on what we want. No need to be so rude.
Logged Online
Private Message Skype
Reply: 120 - 162
Wrawby_Mariner
January 6, 2012, 11:35am
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.72
Rep Score: +50 / -13
Approval: +862
Gold Stars: 6
Quoted from Dan

Are you intending to keep the lines in where you copy and pasted the silhouette?

I think you need to accept you're not and never will be a graphic designer.

Rough Ideas are rough ideas,  there is nothing wrong with any of the trust logos, and I designed them, in any case its going to be painted and not be printed so its more of a reference piece. You may not like anything I do but some people do and I do make a living out of it so I can't complain
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype Skype
Reply: 121 - 162
Perkins
January 6, 2012, 11:40am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +15 / -8
Approval: +1,986
Gold Stars: 7
Quoted from Wrawby_Mariner

Rough Ideas are rough ideas,  there is nothing wrong with any of the trust logos, and I designed them, in any case its going to be painted and not be printed so its more of a reference piece. You may not like anything I do but some people do and I do make a living out of it so I can't complain

Looks good to me Wrawbs. Well done mate.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 122 - 162
Dan
January 6, 2012, 12:09pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.36
Rep Score: +36 / -17
Approval: +551

Rough Ideas are rough ideas,  there is nothing wrong with any of the trust logos.

I don't want to get into arguments re: the trust or indeed mean to be disparaging. All I'm saying is yes there is. I work with graphic designers daily and it all looks like it is done in paint or rudimentary photoshop. The dock tower in the trust logo leans more than pisa. It would be rejected out right by our team and if you can't see what's wrong with this, then I despair:

I'm not saying don't make an effort, I commend everyones work on the trust, however it's clearly not done by a professional. It's up to others if that's how they want it to be perceived. But if you're going to do this it has to look good, and knocking up and handwriting font and copy and pasting in a badge, maybe sticking a red stroke and a gradient around text is not a good look. I say this from the position of a professional.

Anyway, as I'm not offering my time towards helping it really is nothing to do with me so I'll shut up now.

Quoted from John Fenty, April 2013
I deconstructed the flag to the point where it was safe and couldn’t be considered a danger
Private Message
Reply: 123 - 162
cjbill
January 6, 2012, 12:10pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Rep Score: +12 / -2
Approval: +215
Sorry to keep banging on but I really want to do this justice. Here is an alternative idea, please feel free to make suggestions

If it was the badge instead of the silhouette I think it will look great
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 124 - 162
WOZOFGRIMSBY
January 6, 2012, 12:14pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.74
Rep Score: +66 / -22
Approval: +8,816
Gold Stars: 178
Quoted from ska face
Can I have a tribute to my nan on the Pontoon gate too?

If ska is having that, can i have "F UCK OFF BACK TO YORKSHIRE" written on the cons corner gates

Rose is on fire

And your scotch eggs are fu(king vile
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 125 - 162
Wrawby_Mariner
January 6, 2012, 12:32pm
Season Ticket Holder
Dan. . .Who lit the fuse on your tampon?

I really don't care what you say.

Logged Offline
Reply: 126 - 162
Dan
January 6, 2012, 12:34pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.36
Rep Score: +36 / -17
Approval: +551
Sounds like you do.

Quoted from John Fenty, April 2013
I deconstructed the flag to the point where it was safe and couldn’t be considered a danger
Private Message
Reply: 127 - 162
Wrawby_Mariner
January 6, 2012, 12:57pm
Season Ticket Holder
My background is in acrylic paint not digital art so I apologise for not living up to a high end London graphic design standard.

I don't do things on the computer day in day out like your colleagues, I paint, not just the things you've seen on here but all different subjects and styles. All I wanted to do is do the only thing I am quite good at that my health allows. I have offered to sacrifice a week of my time to do something 1)Paint, something I love doing 2)Do something for fellow Town fans. All I was offering up was digital repesentations of a final piece that I would be quite happy to do.

Don't you dare tell me that I'm not good enough when you don't really know me, I get enough that when people laugh at the way I walk and the arthritis in my hands and arms because my accident, All I'm doing is trying to live my life to the best of my ability after some shitty circumstances.

Marc
Logged Offline
Reply: 128 - 162
forza ivano
January 6, 2012, 1:05pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,156
Gold Stars: 265
Quoted from Dan
Sounds like you do.

by all means give out some constructive criticism, especially if you have some decent knowledge of the subject, but lay off the personal shiite eh?
it's not called for and its not needed - as has been pointed out before he's offering his time and skills for nowt, which is an awful lot more than you're doing.......
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 129 - 162
17 Pages Prev ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › Painting the Pontoon Gate

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.