16 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 Next All Recommend Thread
aaron rattray
January 2, 2012, 2:09pm
allright viewers?
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.24
Rep Score: +71 / -90
Approval: -4
if you need permision from richards parents. i know them personally so i could speak to them if you want?

i am a season ticket holder and i always will be one  

"aaron is the next michael barrymore, hes a comedinan"

it is official, i am a comedian

]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 50 - 157
wigworld
January 2, 2012, 2:14pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.58
Rep Score: +32 / -3
Approval: +2,080
Gold Stars: 29
Quoted from Wrawby_Mariner
Just a thought, can it not be opened out to families of other lost Mariners and have individual plaques an the gate and when others would like a plaque they can pay a small fee to add what they wish?

This sounds like a great idea, although it's a bit beyond me as to how we could make that happen. If the clubs commercial department get back t o me, I'll suggest that to them. This particular auction is for the naming of the gate, not just a plaque, so your idea is something they could do later.

Hopefully someone at the club looks at the Fishy, and will be able to help with all these ideas after the bank holiday.

Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 51 - 157
wigworld
January 2, 2012, 2:19pm

Whiskey Drinker
Quoted from aaron rattray
if you need permision from richards parents. i know them personally so i could speak to them if you want?

Maybe you could let them know what we're doing, and make sure they're OK with it. I don't think we need permission (although I'm not a legal expert), but I'd hate to cause any upset or distress.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 52 - 157
aaron rattray
January 2, 2012, 2:23pm
allright viewers?
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.24
Rep Score: +71 / -90
Approval: -4
Quoted from wigworld

Maybe you could let them know what we're doing, and make sure they're OK with it. I don't think we need permission (although I'm not a legal expert), but I'd hate to cause any upset or distress.

yeah i could do that

i am a season ticket holder and i always will be one  

"aaron is the next michael barrymore, hes a comedinan"

it is official, i am a comedian

]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 53 - 157
Wrawby_Mariner
January 2, 2012, 2:29pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +50 / -13
Approval: +862
Gold Stars: 6
Quoted from wigworld

This sounds like a great idea, although it's a bit beyond me as to how we could make that happen. If the clubs commercial department get back t o me, I'll suggest that to them. This particular auction is for the naming of the gate, not just a plaque, so your idea is something they could do later.

Hopefully someone at the club looks at the Fishy, and will be able to help with all these ideas after the bank holiday.

Its been said many times the club could do more for the fans (I'm not saying the club does not do enough by any means), but if they were to do something like the stones at Wembley,
http://www.wembleystadium.com/WembleyWay
So every fan could have his or her message heard in return for a donation to the youth fund or similar project.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype Skype
Reply: 54 - 157
Simariner
January 2, 2012, 4:14pm

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.46
Rep Score: +29 / -4
Approval: +505
Quoted from Wrawby_Mariner
Just a thought, can it not be opened out to families of other lost Mariners and have individual plaques an the gate and when others would like a plaque they can pay a small fee to add what they wish?

Bradford City have a man made wall built in the bar area of one of the stands. Each brick is bought for £10 and has an engravement message on each brick. Great for birthdays, remembering people etc
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 55 - 157
jock dock tower
January 2, 2012, 5:36pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.37
Rep Score: +55 / -12
Approval: +3,164
I'll cip in £5 if someone tells me when and where to Paypal it.

Just  thought.....Am assuming the other people who are wanting to win this gate auction are probably doing it for either egotistical or commercial reasons. Why not contact the Telegraph to advise that the fans of the club are having the whip round for commemorative reasons - which might have the effect of curtailing any further bids of the egotistical or commercial kind? Might as well use all means at our disposal to make the dream come true....

No attempt at ethical or social seduction can eradicate from my heart a deep burning hatred of the Tory party. So far as I'm concerned they're lower than vermin. Aneurin Bevan.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 56 - 157
wigworld
January 2, 2012, 6:02pm

Whiskey Drinker
Quoted from jock dock tower

Why not contact the Telegraph to advise that the fans of the club are having the whip round for commemorative reasons - which might have the effect of curtailing any further bids of the egotistical or commercial kind? Might as well use all means at our disposal to make the dream come true....

I've emailed Mathew Dannatt at the Telegraph. I haven't heard back from him yet (Bank Holiday today), but hopefully he'll pull something together.

Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 57 - 157
lukeo
January 2, 2012, 6:12pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,372
Gold Stars: 148
100% I'll donate £5. I'll have to give you it by cash though... If we're losing the bid I'm willing to double it. Rich would appreciate it, didn't know Matt personally. I wasn't as close to Rich as a couple of people who post on here but there isn't a day goes by that I don't think of him and our good old days trumpeting along.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 58 - 157
ponnyfan
January 2, 2012, 6:24pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.44
Rep Score: +36 / -3
Approval: +94
Quoted from lukeo
100% I'll donate £5. I'll have to give you it by cash though... If we're losing the bid I'm willing to double it. Rich would appreciate it, didn't know Matt personally. I wasn't as close to Rich as a couple of people who post on here but there isn't a day goes by that I don't think of him and our good old days trumpeting along.
I had the priviledge of knowing both of these young proud Mariners personally and this is one of the best ideas to come out of the Fishy in ages. Come on guys every little helps the cause and what a great cause this is ! UTM !

The Icenian Prediction League Winner 2011  .......the first Champion!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 59 - 157
16 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › Pontoon gate

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.