16 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 Next All Recommend Thread
wigworld
January 1, 2012, 11:02am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.58
Rep Score: +32 / -3
Approval: +2,080
Gold Stars: 29
Also, what if the pledges add up to more than the winning bid? Are people happy for any cash left over to go the the Supporters Trust? Or a charity that Richard and Mattys' families would choose?
My other slight worry about this, is that I didn't know Richard or Matty, and don't know their families. Do we need to run it past them first? I presume there are people on the Fishy that do know them? I don't want to accidently cause any upset or distress to them.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 20 - 157
NewtoN
January 1, 2012, 11:06am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.51
Rep Score: +7 / -1
Approval: +207
Gold Stars: 5
Quoted from wigworld
Also, what if the pledges add up to more than the winning bid? Are people happy for any cash left over to go the the Supporters Trust? Or a charity that Richard and Mattys' families would choose?
My other slight worry about this, is that I didn't know Richard or Matty, and don't know their families. Do we need to run it past them first? I presume there are people on the Fishy that do know them? I don't want to accidently cause any upset or distress to them.

I'm sure they'd love the gesture! I know Rich would absolutely love it!!

Up the Mariners, Up the Broadley!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 157
Marinerz93
January 1, 2012, 11:47am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.57
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
I'm in for a fiver for fallen brother Mariners.

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 157
Super Clive
January 1, 2012, 11:51am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.17
Rep Score: +55 / -24
Approval: +1
I'm in
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 157
Pontoon Steve
January 1, 2012, 12:05pm

Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +8 / 0
Approval: +6
Quoted from wigworld

I'm Matty's dad i know he would love it, i've already pledge a fiver, also going toand try and see some of his mates to see if they will chip in.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 157
KelB
January 1, 2012, 12:34pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.00
I'll happily donate a fiver too. Great idea.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 157
wigworld
January 1, 2012, 9:17pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.58
Rep Score: +32 / -3
Approval: +2,080
Gold Stars: 29
Great! Here's what I've messaged the club via the ebay listing:

I saw that a name for the Pontoon gate was up for sale, and I thought that it would be a nice idea to name it after Matty Dawson and Richard Broadley, two young Mariners fans who passed away in 2011.
Would this be possible - two have two names on the gate? It might also create some good publicity for the club. I'm trying to raise money through the Fishy web forum on this thread: http://www.thefishy.co.uk/cgi-bin/forum/Blah.pl?m-1325361419/
Please let me know if there's any problem with what we're thinking of doing.
David

We're up to about £60 in pledges so far on this thread. What I'll do is place an ebay bid when the pledges get past the current price, which is £87. Please keep spreading the word. This would be a great way to remember these lads. I have a paypal account, but I don't want to collect any money from people until we've won the bid, and then I'll pm people to collect their pledges.

I'll keep everyone updated through this thread.

Let's make this happen.

David

UTM!
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 26 - 157
Tinymariner
January 1, 2012, 9:32pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.74
Rep Score: +30 / -2
Approval: +1,456
Gold Stars: 12
Please put me down for a tenner David, this is a lovely gesture. Regards, Tiny. UTMM

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 157
UTM1988
January 1, 2012, 10:41pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.00
I always check this forum but Ive never signed up... But this is an amazing idea so I've signed up to confirm I'd like to donate a tenner.  Good luck in your campaign!  UTM!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 157
Citymariner
January 1, 2012, 10:45pm
Pontoonite
Posts Per Day: 0.78
Rep Score: +18 / -1
Approval: +27
Put me in for a fiver.
Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 29 - 157
16 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › Pontoon gate

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.