Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › john fenty re elected to board.
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 411 Guests

john fenty re elected to board.

This thread currently has 8,016 views. Print
9 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All Recommend Thread
dapperz fun pub
November 24, 2011, 7:25pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +9,929
Gold Stars: 82
Quoted from sonik

Sorry Old Codger.  This question was asked and explained very well IMHO.  The whole of the AGM will be on Mariners Player soon so you will be able to judge for yourself if more than a postage stamp was required or used!

who put the plan together?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 82
headingly_mariner
November 24, 2011, 7:43pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +34 / -21
Approval: +10,342
Gold Stars: 113
Quoted from sonik

Grow up for crying out loud.  If you was a shareholder and able to attend you would see that this football club of ours need John to be involved. I and many thank him for that. Another thread twisted to slate him!  Why would he want to be Chairman again? Give credit where it's due and not continually bang on with your negative slant on things.  Sad day for the club my backside!  UTM!

I do give him credit, credit for ruining a once football league club and turning it into a struggling conference one!
Maybe you should grow up and realise that not everyone thinks the sun shines out of John's harris!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 82
Ipswin
November 24, 2011, 7:58pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89
Quoted from sonik

Sorry Old Codger.  This question was asked and explained very well IMHO.  The whole of the AGM will be on Mariners Player soon so you will be able to judge for yourself if more than a postage stamp was required or used!

I suspect Fenty would struggle to plan a night out on the urine quite frankly and whilst his 'ideas' might run to the back of a cigarette packet (as opposed to a postage stamp) they are bound to be sh!te if the last ten years of disasters are anything to go by

We need his money unfortunately but he has absolutely fukall else to offer, could you ask him to sign the cheques and do absolutely nowt else please?In fact could he stay away from Blundell Park completely and just send the money by post?

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 82
dapperz fun pub
November 24, 2011, 9:03pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +9,929
Gold Stars: 82
Quoted from Ipswin

We need his money unfortunately but he has absolutely fukall else to offer, could you ask him to sign the cheques and do absolutely nowt else please?In fact could he stay away from Blundell Park completely and just send the money by post?

if carlsberg did posts.........
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 82
80sglory
November 24, 2011, 9:17pm
Guest User
Quoted from BIGChris
The board really do need some help. They want investment, i understand that, but I feel they also need some new faces with ideas and drive to share the load. JF is reluctant to give others a say unless they help with the financial burden. That isnt an unreasonable stance perhaps but the club needs people to help out the club in whatever way.

Surely the question is, how much help does he require ?

We all know one source of potential investment is the fans themselves.

I sympathise with JF's predicament (I do sincerely thank him for his continued financial support) but if he's reluctant to give others a say, can he really expect them to (at least help) share the financial burden LONG TERM ?

I understand loyal fans will contribute to GTST etc but how long will supporters keep digging deep without any real say whilst GTST make their decisions in the "interests of the club" ? (which is always subjective in the eyes of supporters)

We all heard from GTST that Mike Parker's offer of shares gave fans "a real opportunity" but what opportunity does it give in reality ?
Maybe something will be announced by GTST later but I just can't see how these shares make a blind bit of difference.

A place on the board might be one option but whatever the amount was to gain a seat on the board, it sounded a lot !
And it's only a one-off payment anyway ?
Besides which, would ONE seat make a difference to a 1 person 1 vote situation anyway ?

Surely you create a lot more LONG TERM incentive and involvement for every fan to part with their cash if there's a real structure where every fans decision and contribution has an impact ?

There has to be some way EVERY single Town fan can contribute to get THEIR say in the club.
I don't mean "democracy" - that's 2 wolves and a sheep deciding what's for dinner.

My idea/vision would simply be, allow every fan their OWN opportunity to say where THEIR money went - whether it be on e.g. improving faclities, buying players, supporting the youth team, appointing a director of football etc.
You can't get better direct democracy than that !

It avoids the issue of hierachical "democracy" where the minority's wishes are never represented and the society board have the ultimate say even if the membership all vote yes.

Sure it might be peanuts to start off with, but the priniciple of the IDEA that supporters MAKE THEIR OWN DECISIONS would engage them and grow (as opposed to dwindle away like GTST did last time.)
Even if it's only e.g. £200,000/year it's better than £0/year ?
And just think, how many stayaways might come back ?

IMO the possibilities are endless and if you can capture the imagination of 5000 people as opposed to a hard core of 1500 you've a much better chance of pushing forward at all levels.

Sure it raises issues, questions and needs thought and talking through but what's the alternative ?
Create a sense of obligation for a dwindling number of fans to be loyal, generous and cross your fingers it works ?
The carrot is always better than the stick...

At the end of the day if you want the club to be part sustainable/fan funded in the long term surely you can't have it both ways ?

In all seriousness unless GTST come up with something concrete, maybe they should gift their shares to JF as a gesture of goodwill to strengthen the working relationship, put majority shareholding back inside the boardroom and concentrate solely on representing supporters as opposed to worrying over what Fenty might do and what's best for the club.
If these shares don't provide any real advantage for supporters interests then why not ?

I don't expect you'll reply Chris, but you were the one who said you wanted new ideas and people to help out in any way they could.
Or have you and GTST got a better idea ?
Reply: 44 - 82
TWAreaTownSupporter
November 24, 2011, 10:10pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.43
Rep Score: +26 / -5
Approval: +1
Quoted from Wrawby_Mariner
I can't call MP because he has given such an amazing gift to us fans but having JF still on board we still still have a fighting chance of surviving.

WHY?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 82
TWAreaTownSupporter
November 24, 2011, 10:10pm
Brandy Drinker
Quoted from Quagmire

So unless he's Chairman he cannot continue to loan the club money?

Bingo! I'm not alone. I was beginning to think everone has had a lobotomy.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 82
TWAreaTownSupporter
November 24, 2011, 10:11pm
Brandy Drinker
Quoted from Keelbysaint
unfortunately the club needs life support to survive at the moment, and there are not many people willing to give it to us

So, we've got a fatal wound and the only man who can save us is.....

....the man who stabbed us in the first place.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 82
TWAreaTownSupporter
November 24, 2011, 10:14pm
Brandy Drinker
Quoted from sonik

Grow up for crying out loud.  If you was a shareholder and able to attend you would see that this football club of ours need John to be involved. I and many thank him for that. Another thread twisted to slate him!  Why would he want to be Chairman again? Give credit where it's due and not continually bang on with your negative slant on things.  Sad day for the club my backside!  UTM!

Getting away from all the personal abuse being thrown around, will you say in simple words why this football club needs your brother?

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 48 - 82
sonik
November 24, 2011, 10:34pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.28
Rep Score: +23 / -9
Approval: +28
Gold Stars: 1

Getting away from all the personal abuse being thrown around, will you say in simple words why this football club needs your brother?

I can't see anyone else willing to put themselves or their money on the line to save our Club. Please. If you have a chance watch the AGM on Mariners Player and then make your own judgement.  Do you see an alternative waiting in the wings?  I don't!

The Futures Bright Its Black And White!
Private Message
Reply: 49 - 82
9 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › john fenty re elected to board.

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.