Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › john fenty re elected to board.
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 378 Guests

john fenty re elected to board.

This thread currently has 8,012 views. Print
9 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All Recommend Thread
1mickylyons
November 24, 2011, 6:00pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.53
Rep Score: +42 / -14
Approval: +9,380
Gold Stars: 56
MP is not a well man at the moment so ive heard and i would imagine the last thing on his mind is the stress of running a football club?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 82
aldi_01
November 24, 2011, 6:02pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.03
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Is anyone actually surprised by this??? It's been on the cards since this whole shambles started.

Yes John, I thank you for your money but I can't help but think buggerall has and will change. Poor boardroom decisions will be made and the team is still pretty poor so we are still where we were weeks ago.

Hey ho though, we're still the cup...

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 82
cardiffmariner
November 24, 2011, 6:03pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Rep Score: +10 / -2
Approval: +1,314
Gold Stars: 24
This is a great moment, but only because Fenty hasn't returned as chairman.

It still feels like he is playing some kind of politicians game. He has had in excess of a month to consider his position and the position of others and decide how he is going to present himself at this AGM.  So why is he 'unsure' about whether he wants the role of chairman? His comments seem vague and, in my mind, continue to leave the club in limbo.

There is nothing surprising about today and the boardroom games continue.  Not good for anyone.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 82
BIGChris
November 24, 2011, 6:27pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.97
Rep Score: +70 / -24
Approval: +2,654
Gold Stars: 6
The other two Directors were invited to speak;

John Elsom said he is now 72 years of age and never expected to be in position of one of only 3 directors. He joined as a non executive director ( i think we all know this was to safeguard his position on the FA Council or other such body). He has thus far put in £75k and cannot put in anymore. His income is limited he told the shareholders. He also said at present he couldnt resign because that would leave the club without a quorum.

Mike Chapman owns 500 shares. He firmly declined the invitation to speak.

The board really do need some help. They want investment, i understand that, but I feel they also need some new faces with ideas and drive to share the load. JF is reluctant to give others a say unless they help with the financial burden. That isnt an unreasonable stance perhaps but the club needs people to help out the club in whatever way.

JF did say negotiations had been entered into with a group who would take over JF's shares and inject £5-10m into the club. When the club asked for some evidence of funds the investors disappeared!!!
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 82
headingly_mariner
November 24, 2011, 6:32pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +34 / -21
Approval: +10,342
Gold Stars: 113
Sad day for the club and no light at then end of the tunnel.

Drop the debt! Fenty out
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 82
sonik
November 24, 2011, 6:59pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.28
Rep Score: +23 / -9
Approval: +28
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from headingly_mariner
Sad day for the club and no light at then end of the tunnel.

Drop the debt! Fenty out

Grow up for crying out loud.  If you was a shareholder and able to attend you would see that this football club of ours need John to be involved. I and many thank him for that. Another thread twisted to slate him!  Why would he want to be Chairman again? Give credit where it's due and not continually bang on with your negative slant on things.  Sad day for the club my backside!  UTM!

The Futures Bright Its Black And White!
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 82
MuddyWaters
November 24, 2011, 7:04pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,234
Gold Stars: 235
Quoted from sonik

Grow up for crying out loud.  If you was a shareholder and able to attend you would see that this football club of ours need John to be involved. I and many thank him for that. Another thread twisted to slate him!  Why would he want to be Chairman again? Give credit where it's due and not continually bang on with your negative slant on things.  Sad day for the club my backside!  UTM!

Yes, the club needs your brother, if only for the cash. What the club needs is a proper, thought-out, reasoned business plan. Not written on the back of  a postage stamp, not a series of knee-jerk reactions - a sensible, achievable, costed & budgeted plan that can be adhered to.
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 82
dapperz fun pub
November 24, 2011, 7:12pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +9,929
Gold Stars: 82
Quoted from sonik

ive been told parker has just had a pacemaker fitted and the whole episode has made him very ill so we certainly do need your brothers money to keep afloat
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 82
sonik
November 24, 2011, 7:14pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.28
Rep Score: +23 / -9
Approval: +28
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from MuddyWaters

Yes, the club needs your brother, if only for the cash. What the club needs is a proper, thought-out, reasoned business plan. Not written on the back of  a postage stamp, not a series of knee-jerk reactions - a sensible, achievable, costed & budgeted plan that can be adhered to.

Sorry Old Codger.  This question was asked and explained very well IMHO.  The whole of the AGM will be on Mariners Player soon so you will be able to judge for yourself if more than a postage stamp was required or used!

The Futures Bright Its Black And White!
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 82
cardiffmariner
November 24, 2011, 7:20pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Rep Score: +10 / -2
Approval: +1,314
Gold Stars: 24
Quoted from sonik

No it hasn't, people have just expressed opposing views about the thread's topic.

Disagree. Fine. But you are the one twisting the thread and starting to become abusive.  John wouldn't be happy.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 82
9 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › john fenty re elected to board.

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.