8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 All Recommend Thread
psgmariner
November 7, 2011, 11:07am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.69
Rep Score: +39 / -15
Approval: +5,480
Gold Stars: 33

Yeah. He wrote Love's Labours Lost about that time. It was a bout a defeat when we had to field Youth Team goalie Andy Love in a first team match.

His entire oeuvre was based on his love for the Mariners.

Much ado about Nothing was primarily based on the hype surrounding super sub Terry Cooke.

The Taming of the Shrew was inspired by our 3-0 victory against Shrewsbury in 2010. Think the Telelgraph nicked that one.

The Two Noble Kinsmen was an ill thought out celebration of Fenty and Parker's stewardship of GTFC.

King John is the susbsequent damning biogrpahy of our glorious leader.

Oh and The Passionate Pilgrim is a poem about Danny Butterfield and Comedy of Errors needs no explantion.

Private Message
Reply: 70 - 77
RoboCod
November 7, 2011, 11:12am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.91
Rep Score: +70 / -19
Approval: +7,505
Quoted from psgmariner

His entire oeuvre was based on his love for the Mariners.

Much ado about Nothing was primarily based on the hype surrounding super sub Terry Cooke.

The Taming of the Shrew was inspired by our 3-0 victory against Shrewsbury in 2010. Think the Telelgraph nicked that one.

The Two Noble Kinsmen was an ill thought out celebration of Fenty and Parker's stewardship of GTFC.

King John is the susbsequent damning biogrpahy of our glorious leader.

Oh and The Passionate Pilgrim is a poem about Danny Butterfield and Comedy of Errors needs no explantion.

He had a reserved seat in the Main Stand. I think it was row 2B. Or not 2B ??  

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 71 - 77
psgmariner
November 7, 2011, 11:18am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.69
Rep Score: +39 / -15
Approval: +5,480
Gold Stars: 33
Quoted from RoboCod

He had a reserved seat in the Main Stand. I think it was row 2B. Or not 2B ??  

Top work!

This seems quiet appropiate at the moment as well:

"Neither a borrower nor a lender be; For loan oft loses both itself and friend, and borrowing dulls the edge of husbandry". - Hamlet (Act I, Scene III).

Right I really should do some work now.

Private Message
Reply: 72 - 77
Pontoon Steve
November 7, 2011, 11:50am

Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +8 / 0
Approval: +6
Quoted from conscorner

Went to the original fixture - got all the way to the ground, sitting on the coach outside the old Den, only to find out the match had been called off! Could not make it to the rearranged match!

Yeap i can remember that one aswell.
Went to watch Orient v Charlton instead, if i,m right in remembering 3 coach loads from town went to this match. We even went in wearing our town scarves and singing town songs.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 73 - 77
WOZOFGRIMSBY
November 7, 2011, 4:39pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.74
Rep Score: +66 / -22
Approval: +8,816
Gold Stars: 178
does anyone know if there is footage of the town v stoke game from circa 1990/1991 ??????
never got to see it and was my proper first away game

Rose is on fire

And your scotch eggs are fu(king vile
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 74 - 77
Paris Mariner
November 7, 2011, 4:54pm
www.theliquidfootballblog.wordpress.com
Main Stander
Posts Per Day: 0.53
Rep Score: +20 / -4
Approval: +809
Unfortunately I'm of the generation that wasn't old enough to go to away games regularly until post 1998 and, by consequence, I've only seen us win away twice (out of many away days I assure you): Barnet 2006/7 1-0 and last season at Histon.

One of my favourites was Lincoln away in 2004/5 - the atmosphere was absolutely electric. And one to forget QPR away.

I can't remember the year but we lost 1-0 having been given a dubious penalty in front of the Town end of Loftus Rd only for Daryl Clare to miss and the ref to level it up giving QPR their own dubious one at the other end and Mikel Beck - the Danish international who feature on the day's match programme and who we met in the car park and signed an autograph on the cover for us -to duly slot is home. The 4 hour drive back to Skegness with 2 QPR fans was long to say the least. Memorable for the wrong reasons.

bilbaogroundguide.wordpress.com
ingoldale.tumblr.com Football and gig ticket blog
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 75 - 77
timmo
February 20, 2012, 12:40pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Rep Score: +6 / -2
Approval: +58
Accrington in that fateful season, 2 - 0 down HT as we all know come back to win 3 - 2. Atmosphere was awesome in the 2nd half.

Also Histon last season, 6 - 1 after beating Mansfield 7 - 2. That day was awesome went in fancy dress few pints craught up with few friends before the game.

UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 76 - 77
moss_side_mariner
February 20, 2012, 8:02pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.15
Rep Score: +9 / 0
Approval: +1,043
Gold Stars: 3
mansfield, 79/80 promotion season. i remember being in the side stand and spent most of the game watching the town fans behind the goal after a coppers helmet landed on the pitch. think the score was 0-0 in the end.

from the banks of the river humber, to the shores of sicilly
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 77 - 77
8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › Memorable Town away games

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.