Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 14 Guests

Mr Fenty's reply to my e-mail

This thread currently has 9,578 views. Print
8 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 All Recommend Thread
September 26, 2010, 9:51am
Guest User
I received an e-mail this morning from the chairman confirming he is okay for me to post this on the fishy:

Dear Jason,

We have an AGM next Thursday coming, which is very important to the club in that the agenda is seeking shareholders to position Mike Parker as a major shareholder in the club.

As far as having a Fans Forum I will ask Dale to consider a suitable date. As you know, I have always been available and answerable.

In the Boards opinion, it would be kneejerk to change manager when we are only 7 points from the top. Should we have won today things would have looked a lot brighter.

There is a desire for longevity and equally success too, after saying that we have signed 13 new players albeit Michael Coulson was here on loan last season.

In real terms, the players have barely been introduced and there have been lots of changes behind the scenes.

I sincerely hope giving reasonable time that we can see the fortunes of Grimsby Town change. I know it has been dire, for which I take personal responsibility for irrespective of the Board making collective decisions.

I am pleased to hear that you are behind Neil, he works terrifically hard and deserves success. I hope we can all wish him the best and the time to turn around our fortunes on the field.

Many thanks for you sterling support

John Fenty
sonik
September 26, 2010, 9:56am

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.28
Rep Score: +23 / -9
Approval: +28
Gold Stars: 1
Fair play John!  UTM!   (Well done Vicar)

The Futures Bright Its Black And White!
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 70
roundballovalhole
September 26, 2010, 9:59am
Guest User
Quoted from sonik
Fair play John! UTM!   (Well done Vicar)

I disagree
Reply: 2 - 70
Biccys
September 26, 2010, 9:59am
Posts Per Day: 2.05
Rep Score: +55 / -22
Approval: +1,226
Gold Stars: 27
I think this reply pretty much affirms that Woodsy's here for the long haul. Now, let's move on.

Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 3 - 70
0ld timer
September 26, 2010, 10:02am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.45
Rep Score: +9 / -2
Approval: +3
Quoted from 1054

I disagree

he replies he still gets slated if he did not reply he would still get slated
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 70
roundballovalhole
September 26, 2010, 10:04am
Guest User
Quoted from 0ld timer

he replies he still gets slated if he did not reply he would still get slated

What?  I am supposed to forget that this bloke has run this club into the ground because he had the decency to tap out an email on his computer in reply to one of his loyal customers???  Are you for real?  It is not whether he replies or not, we need action, starting with him going to get a job that he is capable of doing!
Reply: 5 - 70
Ipswin
September 26, 2010, 10:05am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.11
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89
'I know it has been dire, for which I take personal responsibility for irrespective of the Board making collective decisions.'

Understatement of the year there Fenters and what awful grammar - still he is only a fish salesman so ringing a bell as he pushes the handcart is all thats needed I suppose

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 70
NorthLeedsMariner
September 26, 2010, 10:07am
Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.13
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +11
John gets a lot of stick from the fans but he does come across well. There has been countless ocassions where he responds to emails from the fans and I think we should stick by Woods for a little longer

<*))))))><
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 70
roundballovalhole
September 26, 2010, 10:08am
Guest User
"personal responsibility" as far as I am concerned is an action as well as words.  Saying you take responsibility is hollow unless you back it up (by walking away without demanding top dollar for an institution you have fu(ked)
Reply: 8 - 70
roundballovalhole
September 26, 2010, 10:11am
Guest User
Quoted from NorthLeedsMariner
John gets a lot of stick from the fans but he does come across well. There has been countless ocassions where he responds to emails from the fans and I think we should stick by Woods for a little longer

You show me a CEO of another company who has halved his customer base and decimated the company's income in ten years. . . . . do they 'get stick'?. . . No, they get relieved of their command!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Reply: 9 - 70
EY Mariner
September 26, 2010, 10:22am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +9 / -2
Approval: +865
Gold Stars: 5
Even if there is nobody willing and able to take the position? I agree with you that the chairman's position is untenable, provided that there are parties willing and able to come in and take the club forward.

As far as the managerial situation is concerned, the chairman is, for once, absolutely right.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 70
roundballovalhole
September 26, 2010, 10:28am
Guest User
the club is practically worthless (thanks to Fenty)  his loans are the only thing it will cost to buy the club out. . . furneaux is on the board with 500 quids worth of shares but there is no representation of the fans despite pumping hundreds of thousand pounds into the club season after season
Reply: 11 - 70
1mickylyons
September 26, 2010, 10:37am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.53
Rep Score: +42 / -14
Approval: +9,260
Gold Stars: 54
The e-mail is only telling you NW will be staying for the forseeable which isnt really a shock as the current League position is acceptable to all but the likes of me who fail to see why were in this League in the 1st flipping place?
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 70
ginnywings
September 26, 2010, 10:40am

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.05
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +55,972
Gold Stars: 537
Politicians answer.Talks a lot and says nowt.

Woods is staying and he takes responsibility for our position but let's it be known he doesn't make all the decisions alone.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 70
aldi_01
September 26, 2010, 10:46am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.04
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Whether sit in the 'woods in' or 'woods out' side and are a fan or not in the case of Fenty, both are in for a long haul and were need to support them. He didn't have to reply to Vicars email but he did and aside from the usual CEO/management rhetoric it appeared honest and i do agree with the strive for a longevity and success, it will not happen over night, even the great teams have transition periods...there are teams in this division who are probably saying the same things as us after a pre season that had promise and they have dropped points to 'pub' teams as people call them.

We didn't lose yesterday and we shoud have won, their keeper had the game of his life, i witnessed the best town goal in years and i saw a team that contrary to what people will say, i saw a team that wanted to win and they were gutted at the end but it was not woodsy's fault, players know their roles and 2 very poor choices by the playing staff was our downfall yesterday.

It is the fickle nature of football fans that will entertain me for years to come...at 2-1 i heard people saying 'good substitution' and 'well done for going for it woodsy' etc and yet it is his fault that some clown didn't pick a man up on the edge of the box. Woods could not do anything at the time but none of us will ever know what he said to the player whop was responsible etc after the game...

intercourse me, we didn't moan this much last year and we were flipping dire last year, far worse.

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 70
theicenian
September 26, 2010, 10:49am

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.00
Rep Score: +60 / -13
Approval: -1
Quoted from ginnywings
Politicians answer.Talks a lot and says nowt.

Woods is staying and he takes responsibility for our position but let's it be known he doesn't make all the decisions alone.

In the real world that's how it works.

In the fantasy world of RBOH and others the fans take control. Mmmmm.    Have a look at the rest of football, it is owned by money and unless you produce alternative money you have no chance whatsoever.

Reality check.

A change at the top may or may not happen at the AGM but the same money will be in the club.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 70
1mickylyons
September 26, 2010, 10:51am
Special Brew Drinker
Quoted from aldi_01
Whether sit in the 'woods in' or 'woods out' side and are a fan or not in the case of Fenty, both are in for a long haul and were need to support them. He didn't have to reply to Vicars email but he did and aside from the usual CEO/management rhetoric it appeared honest and i do agree with the strive for a longevity and success, it will not happen over night, even the great teams have transition periods...there are teams in this division who are probably saying the same things as us after a pre season that had promise and they have dropped points to 'pub' teams as people call them.

We didn't lose yesterday and we shoud have won, their keeper had the game of his life, i witnessed the best town goal in years and i saw a team that contrary to what people will say, i saw a team that wanted to win and they were gutted at the end but it was not woodsy's fault, players know their roles and 2 very poor choices by the playing staff was our downfall yesterday.

It is the fickle nature of football fans that will entertain me for years to come...at 2-1 i heard people saying 'good substitution' and 'well done for going for it woodsy' etc and yet it is his fault that some clown didn't pick a man up on the edge of the box. Woods could not do anything at the time but none of us will ever know what he said to the player whop was responsible etc after the game...

intercourse me, we didn't moan this much last year and we were flipping dire last year, far worse.

The average gates through our Seasons in League 2 suggest that the fans have supported whoever has been running the Club either Manager or Chairman however now were Non League so your assessment of last year we were far worse is wrong because we were a league higher.

Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 70
1mickylyons
September 26, 2010, 10:53am
Special Brew Drinker
Quoted from theicenian

In the fantasy world of RBOH and others the fans take control. Mmmmm.    Have a look at the rest of football, it is owned by money and unless you produce alternative money you have no chance whatsoever.

Reality check.

A change at the top may or may not happen at the AGM but the same money will be in the club.

Yes and you will still be happily playing the fiddle when the boat sinks REALITY CHECK

Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 70
aldi_01
September 26, 2010, 10:55am

Barley Wine Drinker
Difficult to go on gates though, Man City had increasing gates the further down the leagues they went and in fact some clubs even go the other way...our side is better than last year and we are clearly better...yes we have dropped points through no fault but our own but the only one that is directly the managers fault is Fleetwoods second last week. Last year we had 11 players who just turned up and expected their wages etc...i don't believe that this year, anyone who has witnessed how the players react when we score suggests that they too want the success we so desperately want as fans too.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 70
TheRonRaffertyFanClub
September 26, 2010, 10:56am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.35
Rep Score: +43 / -11
Approval: +8,658
Gold Stars: 23
It is no more than you would expect but I think his attitude may have to change if results and performances continue to be below acceptable standards.

In one way 7 points is not a lot. If you take it over say 25 matches and we were 7 points off the top then no doubt we would all be thinking we could make that up in no time. But a 7 point deficit after the first 11 games is a massive percentage, bearing in mind that several of those games have been against the weaker teams in this league.

More important is the message we have given out to the dressing rooms of every BSP club through our performances -

1. we are incredibly slow starters in any game
2. our side still doesn't know how to cope with teams that chase them around and stop them having time on the ball
3. we struggle to create chances and if Connell is kept quiet we have no other threat
4. we are always likely to crack under pressure, especially late in the game
5. the manager is struggling to find answers to problems 1-4

In other words we are a very soft touch and we have made it obvious how to beat us. That makes it even harder to perform better and get better results. Nobody needs to be afraid of playing the Mariners.

Then there is the money angle. The longer this goes on the fewer people will come through the gates. The club is not going to get the support of the town and all those special offers and discounts last year cannot be successfully repeated again.

The odd thing is that JF seems prepared to let this happen, presumably in the hope that it will all come right in the end. But more likely he is frightened of having to make yet another big decision in a world where he doesn't have a good track record.

It makes me wonder if JF really understands football and football clubs even after all this time. If he does then he must know that decisiveness and timing are two of the keys to success in football. If he doesn't ................ well it looks like being a very dismal time for us all.

“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.”
― John Stuart Mill, On Liberty."
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 70
1mickylyons
September 26, 2010, 10:59am
Special Brew Drinker
Quoted from aldi_01
Difficult to go on gates though, Man City had increasing gates the further down the leagues they went and in fact some clubs even go the other way...our side is better than last year and we are clearly better...yes we have dropped points through no fault but our own but the only one that is directly the managers fault is Fleetwoods second last week. Last year we had 11 players who just turned up and expected their wages etc...i don't believe that this year, anyone who has witnessed how the players react when we score suggests that they too want the success we so desperately want as fans too.

I thought this time last week with NW`s head on the block the players would get at least 4 points from the 2 games they managed 2 points and in true GY fashion that is now acceptable?It makes me despair we seem to worry far more about what xyz are going to do than letting them worry about us whatever faults Buckley had he always said let them worry about us and overall his philosophy worked.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 70
aldi_01
September 26, 2010, 11:00am

Barley Wine Drinker
And once again, the 'bigger' clubs in this league have struggled against the so called weaker clubs...Luton lost at Gateshead, we didn't, and if you look through previous results that has always been the case and will continue to be. I don't know why but it happens

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 70
theicenian
September 26, 2010, 11:01am

Season Ticket Holder
Quoted from 1mickylyons

Yes and you will still be happily playing the fiddle when the boat sinks REALITY CHECK

Just when will you get that I ain't happy with our position.   The trouble with it is you fellows NEVER offer a credible alternative.  You NEED to offer a way out of this and until you do then I will try and mend my fiddle for about the twentieth time. Honestly I would take a serious alternative and I suspect so would the board. Your idea of throwing the baby out with the bathwater and I suspect the bath aswell will result in us not having a club and that then means there would never be a chance in the future to repeat the glories you crave.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 70
aldi_01
September 26, 2010, 11:02am

Barley Wine Drinker
His philosophy did work, however his tactics never did and whilst i agree that you stick to your methods and principles, his final spell showed how out of date they were at times and in someways that speel is partly to blame for this awful place we find ourselves...however some would say that is Fenty's fault for appointing him in the first place.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 70
ginnywings
September 26, 2010, 11:13am

Recovering Alcoholic
Quoted from theicenian

Reality check.

Agreed.

Was just pointing out that there was never likely to be anything revealing in a missive from the Chairman and it's as you were for now,so let's just get on with things and hope Woods turns it around.

A few wins will stop all this navel gazing.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 70
roundballovalhole
September 26, 2010, 11:13am
Guest User
Quoted from theicenian

Reality check.

I am sure it is easier for you to maintain your position by assuming that I have suggetsed a fans takeover when I have suggested nothing of the sort.  I just pointed out fenty's record as maj shareholder/chairman.  Now, go and make something else up to attack me about!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Reply: 25 - 70
1mickylyons
September 26, 2010, 11:15am
Special Brew Drinker
Quoted from aldi_01
And once again, the 'bigger' clubs in this league have struggled against the so called weaker clubs...Luton lost at Gateshead, we didn't, and if you look through previous results that has always been the case and will continue to be. I don't know why but it happens

I for one dont get the obsession withLuton romping the league i admit i thought they would do better than us because they had a years experience however Crawley and their budget suggest they are going for broke so should be favourites.You will always get results like H&Y at home and much as it annoys you it is reality football isnt played on paper BUT on the filed the centre of Towns midfield has been THE problem for about 6 years and nobody seems to notice?
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 70
grimsby pete
September 26, 2010, 11:17am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.83
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,753
Gold Stars: 221
Thank you John Fenty , most of us know how hard it will be to turn things around,

Do not listen to the moaners who want Woods out, if you listen to them we would have 3 managers a season,

You can not get instant success whoever your players are, just ask Hodgson at Liverpool.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 70
1mickylyons
Special Brew Drinker
Quoted from ginnywings

Agreed.

Was just pointing out that there was never likely to be anything revealing in a missive from the Chairman and it's as you were for now,so let's just get on with things and hope Woods turns it around.

A few wins will stop all this navel gazing.

Good job GY/CLEE has plenty of sand the amount of folk burying their heads seems to be on the increase.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 70
TheRonRaffertyFanClub
Special Brew Drinker
Quoted from theicenian

Just when will you get that I ain't happy with our position.   The trouble with it is you fellows NEVER offer a credible alternative.  You NEED to offer a way out of this and until you do then I will try and mend my fiddle for about the twentieth time. Honestly I would take a serious alternative and I suspect so would the board. Your idea of throwing the baby out with the bathwater and I suspect the bath aswell will result in us not having a club and that then means there would never be a chance in the future to repeat the glories you crave.

But icey, there was a credible alternative when NW was appointed and there are still credible alternatives available now - if JF wants one. It need not be a "baby and bathwater job" either. These are not bad players that we have, just badly organised and badly led.

It isn't reasonableness that is stopping JF from acting. It isn't a desire to give Woods a chance. It is fear, pure and simple. JF has made so many mistakes he is afraid of admitting another and having to change horses yet again because I think he knows that he is not very good at it. His judgement on fish markets may be spot on but he does not have the same abilities when it comes to running a football club and I think he knows it. So he is prevaricating.

Fair enough, I agree that changing managers is not ideal, but it is the least worst option available to the chairman at this time.

“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.”
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 70
1mickylyons
September 26, 2010, 11:19am
Special Brew Drinker
Quoted from theicenian

I am not privvy to offers that may or may not have been made to the board however im quite willing to accept whatever fate comes our way if Fenty rides of into the sunset simply because we do not belong in the non league circuit his stewardship has bestowed upon us.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 70
roundballovalhole
September 26, 2010, 11:26am
Guest User
Quoted from theicenian

. . . and what you don't get Icey is that it is not our responsibility to find a buyer for the club. . . we have no knowledge of the offers that have been made to fenty, what he is demanding as the price for a practically financially worthless football club but it is clear that he wants his loans repaid.  You will say fair enough, he put the money in and has the right to maintain 'his investment'.  You ask for a credible alternative but how credible is having Furneaux on the board when he has been made bankrupt many times and his investment appears to be little more than £500 of shares.  What is needed is for the loans made by Fenty to be written off, for the good of the club and it's supporters and the Town itself.  Other Clubs are walking past us in this league with smaller budgets and are still financially viable.  

Fenty's loan (not a donation as many would have you believe) has got to be the sticking point, he wants all of his money back before he relinquishes the Club. . . That's a bit like me investing in Lehman Brothers 5 years ago and expecting my money back now.

He has been an abject failure in every regard for this club, he has had his time, if you are not gonna p1ss, it is time to get off the pot!!!  
Reply: 31 - 70
1mickylyons
September 26, 2010, 11:31am
Special Brew Drinker
The Furneax and £500 investment rankles with me also im pretty sure the GTST have raised over 20k which whilst not brilliant is still better than £500 so why isn`t tarka on the board?
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 70
ginnywings
September 26, 2010, 11:34am

Recovering Alcoholic
Quoted from 1mickylyons

Good job GY/CLEE has plenty of sand the amount of folk burying their heads seems to be on the increase.

I'm not burying my head at all but unlike a lot of people on here,i realise there is not a lot i can do about the situation,so ranting and raving on a messageboard is fairly pointless.

There are two things i can't change.

Whoever runs the club and team.

My affiliation to Grimsby Town.

Those calling for boycotting the ground are asking for us to cut off our nose to spite our face and besides,the way things are going,the team are doing their bit to cut the crowd without needing a call for us to do it.

There are plenty of clubs out there that have tumbled down the leagues and the BSP contains a fair few of them.Some have risen back up and some a striving to do so.

Somewhere during the Fleetwood game (probably when their second went in) i had one of those moments when i just thought i'm not going to let this get to me any more.What will be will be and it's much easier being a Town fan with that mindset at the moment.

You of course are entitled to have a different view.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 70
TheRonRaffertyFanClub
September 26, 2010, 11:37am
Special Brew Drinker
Quoted from ginnywings

I'm not burying my head at all but unlike a lot of people on here,i realise there is not a lot i can do about the situation,so ranting and raving on a messageboard is fairly pointless.

Those calling for boycotting the ground are asking for us to cut off our nose to spite our face and besides,the way things are going,the team are doing their bit to cut the crowd without needing a call for us to do it.

There are plenty of clubs out there that have tumbled down the leagues and the BSP contains a fair few of them.Some have risen back up and some a striving to do so.

Somewhere during the Fleetwood game (probably when their second went in) i had one of those moments when i just thought i'm not going to let this get to me any more.What will be will be and it's much easier being a Town fan with that mindset at the moment.

You of course are entitled to have a different view.

Everyone understands that feeling but the trouble is the players and the manager seem to have got it as well.

Private Message
Reply: 34 - 70
1mickylyons
September 26, 2010, 11:38am
Special Brew Drinker
[quote=799]

You of course are entitled to have a different view.[/quote

You can change who runs the football club and team most definately however it wont be easy and like you say you will have to suffer for the greater good.If you believe in what JF is doing fine back him personally ive backed him for 10 years and ive had enough he has to go because he holds the horns of power.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 70
dapperz fun pub
September 26, 2010, 11:38am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +9,719
Gold Stars: 81
Quoted from 1mickylyons
The Furneax and £500 investment rankles with me also im pretty sure the GTST have raised over 20k which whilst not brilliant is still better than £500 so why isn`t tarka on the board?

because he wanted to do milton keynes firm at neasden
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 70
roundballovalhole
September 26, 2010, 11:39am
Guest User
Ginnywings. . . I agree that you are not burying your head in the sand

from your last post, it just sounds like you are clenching a leather 'bit' between your teeth and taking whatever happens to you.

We can change who owns the football club with some direct action. . . you can say that this would be cutting off our nose off to spite our face but right now most of our face is either hanging off or has fallen off into a festering pool of Fenty's p1ss and the contents of Furneaux's colostomy bag.

We are going all the wy down with fenty in chagre, the writing is on the wall. . . . and as one person said (in relation to something far more important than football)  al that is needed for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing.

Thanks for the big pile of nothing you are offering!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Reply: 37 - 70
dapperz fun pub
September 26, 2010, 11:43am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +9,719
Gold Stars: 81
Quoted from 1054
Ginnywings. . . I agree that you are not burying your head in the sand

from your last post, it just sounds like you are clenching a leather 'bit' between your teeth and taking whatever happens to you.

We can change who owns the football club with some direct action. . . you can say that this would be cutting off our nose off to spite our face but right now most of our face is either hanging off or has fallen off into a festering pool of Fenty's p1ss and the contents of Furneaux's colostomy bag.

We are going all the wy down with fenty in chagre, the writing is on the wall. . . . and as one person said (in relation to something far more important than football)  al that is needed for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing.

Thanks for the big pile of nothing you are offering!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

im not a fan of yours but clearly fenty and  his manager ........are out of there depths, i trully think another relegation could happen before a turnaround of fortune appears
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 70
1mickylyons
September 26, 2010, 11:48am
Special Brew Drinker
Quoted from dapperz fun pub

im not a fan of yours but clearly fenty and  his manager ........are out of there depths, i trully think another relegation could happen before a turnaround of fortune appears

I get the distinct impression your NOT joking either about another releagtion battle?I dont know wether to stick or twist with Woods NOW but he should never have got the job in the 1st place if has suggested 50 others applied given he never won a game whilst caretaker.I remember his 1st game home to Bradford and i could have cried for the poor sod not one player gave 100% and Conlon gave the worst individual peformance it has ever been my misfortune to witness i feared the worst then nothings changed.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 70
roundballovalhole
September 26, 2010, 11:49am
Guest User
Quoted from dapperz fun pub

I am not on here to be popular, I am on here to vent my anger at the demise of the club I love
Reply: 40 - 70
1mickylyons
September 26, 2010, 11:51am
Special Brew Drinker
Quoted from 1054

I am not on here to be popular, I am on here to vent my anger at the demise of the club I love

Nevermind  long as Dave Burns breathes you will never be the most unpopular.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 70
theicenian
September 26, 2010, 11:55am

Season Ticket Holder

But icey, there was a credible alternative when NW was appointed and there are still credible alternatives available now - if JF wants one. It need not be a "baby and bathwater job" either. These are not bad players that we have, just badly organised and badly led.

It isn't reasonableness that is stopping JF from acting. It isn't a desire to give Woods a chance. It is fear, pure and simple. JF has made so many mistakes he is afraid of admitting another and having to change horses yet again because I think he knows that he is not very good at it. His judgement on fish markets may be spot on but he does not have the same abilities when it comes to running a football club and I think he knows it. So he is prevaricating.

Fair enough, I agree that changing managers is not ideal, but it is the least worst option available to the chairman at this time.

That arguement I can accept,I don't subscribe to it. Changing managers is the main reason we are where we are, I can't argue with your point because anyone with a good memory will remember me advocating the removal of a great hero of the club.  At the moment I'm in limbo with this one,I want stability,and I want success (doesn't everyone).  So I'm in the lets give Neil more time camp. It's a difficult camp to be in just at the moment but to do the annual change will just put us in the same position we have been in every November since bloody time began.  I can quote precedents from the past but I've done that before and something always happens to sodomist up the job.
I can understand folk's frustration,I have it myself but every time we've reacted to frustration we've made the problem worse. So at the moment I'm in the sit still and consolidate camp. If only Neil would solve this damn midfield thing. That is the most frustrating thing that faces us. It's one of the reasons I have a shiney pate. I've torn it all out.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 70
1mickylyons
September 26, 2010, 12:03pm
Special Brew Drinker
Quoted from theicenian

That arguement I can accept,I don't subscribe to it. Changing managers is the main reason we are where we are, I can't argue with your point because anyone with a good memory will remember me advocating the removal of a great hero of the club.  At the moment I'm in limbo with this one,I want stability,and I want success (doesn't everyone).  So I'm in the lets give Neil more time camp. It's a difficult camp to be in just at the moment but to do the annual change will just put us in the same position we have been in every November since bloody time began.  I can quote precedents from the past but I've done that before and something always happens to sodomist up the job.
I can understand folk's frustration,I have it myself but every time we've reacted to frustration we've made the problem worse. So at the moment I'm in the sit still and consolidate camp. If only Neil would solve this damn midfield thing. That is the most frustrating thing that faces us. It's one of the reasons I have a shiney pate. I've torn it all out.

The midfield is my main concern with Woods because this has been a problem for around 6 years and he was at the club for all 6 years so it shouldnt be a suprise to him.The type of player (Wayne Burnett/Paul Groves) will not be easy to find or attract however it should have been the no1 priority from day one so lets get moving eh Neil?
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 70
Manchester Mariner
September 26, 2010, 12:03pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.51
Rep Score: +11 / -3
Approval: +2,804
Gold Stars: 41
Quoted from 1054

You show me a CEO of another company who has halved his customer base and decimated the company's income in ten years. . . . . do they 'get stick'?. . . No, they get relieved of their command!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think you need to stop thinking of this football club as being a company and of its supporters being customers. Going to Blundell Park is and has never been the same as going to Tesco.

"Lovelly stuff! not my words but the words of Shakin Stevens."
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 70
1mickylyons
September 26, 2010, 12:06pm
Special Brew Drinker
Quoted from Manchester Mariner

I think you need to stop thinking of this football club as being a company and of its supporters being customers. Going to Blundell Park is and has never been the same as going to Tesco.

Thats right at least when Tesco rip you off you still have a carrier bag full of assorted junk to look forward to eating
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 70
theicenian
September 26, 2010, 12:11pm

Season Ticket Holder
Quoted from 1mickylyons

We don't want to go down this route again but in simple terms the trust like any other board member has to provide the following:-

250 K plus a 50K guarentee.  (the 50k could be a charge on assets) The trust does not have assets so has to raise the whole amount.

The number of shares is optional (my oft quoted "Chairman Paddy Hamilton only had ten")

That is why the trust do not have a seat on the board. They considered their money was best spent funding the things they do as raising 300K was going to take a hell of a long while.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 70
1mickylyons
September 26, 2010, 12:23pm
Special Brew Drinker
Quoted from theicenian

We don't want to go down this route again but in simple terms the trust like any other board member has to provide the following:-

250 K plus a 50K guarentee.  (the 50k could be a charge on assets) The trust does not have assets so has to raise the whole amount.

The number of shares is optional (my oft quoted "Chairman Paddy Hamilton only had ten")

That is why the trust do not have a seat on the board. They considered their money was best spent funding the things they do as raising 300K was going to take a hell of a long while.

So how much does Furneax have in then £500 or £300k clear as bleeding mud innit?
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 70
Marinerz93
September 26, 2010, 12:40pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from 1mickylyons

So how much does Furneax have in then £500 or £300k clear as bleeding mud innit?

Furneaux is siting in Ramsden seat keeping it warm for him, Ramsden is the money man not Furneaux.

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 48 - 70
Denby
September 26, 2010, 12:56pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +12 / -2
Quoted from theicenian

Changing managers is the main reason we are where we are

continually appointing the wrong manager is the main reason we are where we are
Private Message
Reply: 49 - 70
theicenian
September 26, 2010, 12:59pm

Season Ticket Holder
Quoted from Denby

continually appointing the wrong manager is the main reason we are where we are

Precise and concise Denbers.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 50 - 70
FishOutOfWater
September 26, 2010, 1:26pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.15
Rep Score: +52 / -7
Approval: +6,564
Gold Stars: 37
And there is one constant with all the wrong appointments....
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 51 - 70
roundballovalhole
September 26, 2010, 1:47pm
Guest User

Don't tell me this, tell it to Fenty who wants his loans back after having his fun and funking it up.  I agree football clubs generally don't make profit like tesco. . . so why can't he just accept he's clueless and walk away with the dignity of a puppy who has just done a cr4p on the lap of it's owner
Reply: 52 - 70
TheRonRaffertyFanClub
September 26, 2010, 2:59pm
Special Brew Drinker

No it isn't. But it isn't a charity or a branch of the Samaritans either.

It has to be a viable concern and Fenty must be worried by now surely that another 6 months like the last 6 months and it won't be viable at all.

Private Message
Reply: 53 - 70
theicenian
September 26, 2010, 3:07pm

Season Ticket Holder
Quoted from 1054

Don't tell me this, tell it to Fenty who wants his loans back after having his fun and funking it up.  I agree football clubs generally don't make profit like tesco. . . so why can't he just accept he's clueless and walk away with the dignity of a puppy who has just done a cr4p on the lap of it's owner

So you will be attending the AGM to ask that very question won't you?

Oh whoops you have to be a shareholder to do that don't you?

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 54 - 70
ginnywings
September 26, 2010, 3:30pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Quoted from theicenian

So you will be attending the AGM to ask that very question won't you?

Oh whoops you have to be a shareholder to do that don't you?

I seem to think Mr RBOH lives down t'South.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 55 - 70
kingofthekippers
September 26, 2010, 5:05pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +39 / -4
Approval: +6
Quoted from 1054

Eric Daniels of Lloyds Bank? Overseen a collapse in share price of 350p to 76p and presided over a government bailout of Lloyds that cost £40 billion.

He's still in charge.

Mr McGee, don't make me angry. You wouldn't like me when I'm angry.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 56 - 70
tarka
September 27, 2010, 3:34pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.12
Rep Score: +8 / -2
Approval: +891
Gold Stars: 29
Quoted from 1mickylyons

a) For the reasons already given re: Investment
b) Because I'm not a Trust Board member any more.
c) Because I wouldn't want to take some of the abuse that JF does on here...and that would be WITHOUT any personal investment!
Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 57 - 70
barralad
September 27, 2010, 5:32pm
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.33
Rep Score: +86 / -20
Approval: +9,195
Gold Stars: 121
Quoted from aldi_01

Brilliant!

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 58 - 70
barralad
September 27, 2010, 5:33pm
Mariners Trust
Quoted from 1mickylyons

Terminal case of mixed metaphors there Mickey

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 59 - 70
1mickylyons
September 27, 2010, 6:03pm
Special Brew Drinker
Quoted from tarka

a) For the reasons already given re: Investment
b) Because I'm not a Trust Board member any more.
c) Because I wouldn't want to take some of the abuse that JF does on here...and that would be WITHOUT any personal investment!

If only i was witty like the infamous STB i could alledge you were getting Otter under the collar Dave.Dave seriously personal abuse aside do you not think Fenty deserves a fair amount of the stick he is currently having to take?
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 60 - 70
1mickylyons
September 27, 2010, 6:07pm
Special Brew Drinker
Quoted from barralad

Terminal case of mixed metaphors there Mickey

Way above my head barra a bit like that Billy Bragg geezer i was just trying to bait the Icenian i assumed he had been for a liquid lunch?
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 61 - 70
theicenian
September 27, 2010, 6:26pm

Season Ticket Holder
Quoted from 1mickylyons

Way above my head barra a bit like that Billy Bragg geezer i was just trying to bait the Icenian i assumed he had been for a liquid lunch?

Nope I'd been for a violin lesson.      

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 62 - 70
spoony
September 27, 2010, 8:48pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.19
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +2
Quoted from theicenian

Nope I'd been for a violin lesson.      

did you see steve evans there???? he's always on the fiddle!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11111111111

Private Message
Reply: 63 - 70
barralad
September 27, 2010, 9:47pm
Mariners Trust
Quoted from 1mickylyons

For future reference try:

1. Fiddling whilst Grimsby Town burns or

2. Rearranging the deck chairs on RMS Grimsby Town

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 64 - 70
Rhys_Mariners
September 27, 2010, 10:24pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.23
Rep Score: +0 / -2
Approval: +174
Gold Stars: 4
Decent Reply in my opinion
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 65 - 70
marinerian
September 27, 2010, 10:57pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +33 / -16
Approval: +15
I wrote to Mr Fenty with regards to some ideas, his reply was quick, polite and the ideas will be passed on and disscussed  

UTM

UP THE MARINERS
Private Message
Reply: 66 - 70
September 27, 2010, 11:43pm
Guest User
Fair play to John. I've emailed him three or four times in the past and he's always replied. I feel guilty as I had to be honest and explain how I'd lost confidence in him. I just think relegating a club if Grimsbys size to the conference takes some doing. As top dog he is there to be shot at. The lack of progress re the new ground, the decaying stadium, the RH debacle. Christ even the catering is shite. The whole club seems rotten to the core and my second pair if new gtfc shorts are falling apart and we are losing to plumbers and sausage makers.

I don't doubt johns motives but I think sometimes you are braver to walk away. It's like he's cursed. That or he (and the collective) board continue to make shot decision after shot decision. I'm not happy with the transfer policy either but perhaps the succession of managers should be accountable there.

Reply: 67 - 70
roundballovalhole
September 28, 2010, 2:45am
Guest User
Quoted from 75
Fair play to John. I've emailed him three or four times in the past and he's always replied. I feel guilty as I had to be honest and explain how I'd lost confidence in him.

If I could get away with spunking 100years of history away in 10 years in my job just by replying to 3 or is it 4 emails, I would be happy  Feel guilty??????  FFS man, it's not 1775 and he's not the lord of the manor, stop your grovelling, it's embarrassing !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Reply: 68 - 70
September 28, 2010, 8:02am
Guest User
Quoted from 1054

If I could get away with spunking 100years of history away in 10 years in my job just by replying to 3 or is it 4 emails, I would be happy  Feel guilty??????  FFS man, it's not 1775 and he's not the lord of the manor, stop your grovelling, it's embarrassing !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My point being - I don't believe John Fenty ever intended for this to happen and I am certain he always has the best intentions. It’s just not working for him and I think it would suit everyone if he would cut his (huge) losses and leave the club.

You really are a top class member with no manners by the way.
Reply: 69 - 70
roundballovalhole
September 28, 2010, 10:19am
Guest User
I have manners but frequently choose not use them. . . sire (doffs cap repeatedly)
Reply: 70 - 70
8 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › Mr Fenty's reply to my e-mail

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.