September 27, 2010, 6:03pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.53
Rep Score: +42 / -14
Approval: +9,380
Gold Stars: 56
Quoted from tarka

a) For the reasons already given re: Investment
b) Because I'm not a Trust Board member any more.
c) Because I wouldn't want to take some of the abuse that JF does on here...and that would be WITHOUT any personal investment!

If only i was witty like the infamous STB i could alledge you were getting Otter under the collar Dave.Dave seriously personal abuse aside do you not think Fenty deserves a fair amount of the stick he is currently having to take?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 60 - 70
1mickylyons
September 27, 2010, 6:07pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.53
Rep Score: +42 / -14
Approval: +9,380
Gold Stars: 56
Quoted from barralad

Terminal case of mixed metaphors there Mickey

Way above my head barra a bit like that Billy Bragg geezer i was just trying to bait the Icenian i assumed he had been for a liquid lunch?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 61 - 70
theicenian
September 27, 2010, 6:26pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.99
Rep Score: +60 / -13
Approval: -1
Quoted from 1mickylyons

Way above my head barra a bit like that Billy Bragg geezer i was just trying to bait the Icenian i assumed he had been for a liquid lunch?

Nope I'd been for a violin lesson.      

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 62 - 70
spoony
September 27, 2010, 8:48pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.19
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +2
Quoted from theicenian

Nope I'd been for a violin lesson.      

did you see steve evans there???? he's always on the fiddle!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11111111111

Private Message
Reply: 63 - 70
barralad
September 27, 2010, 9:47pm
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.32
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,268
Gold Stars: 121
Quoted from 1mickylyons

For future reference try:

1. Fiddling whilst Grimsby Town burns or

2. Rearranging the deck chairs on RMS Grimsby Town

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 64 - 70
Rhys_Mariners
September 27, 2010, 10:24pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.22
Rep Score: +0 / -2
Approval: +174
Gold Stars: 4
Decent Reply in my opinion
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 65 - 70
marinerian
September 27, 2010, 10:57pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.70
Rep Score: +33 / -16
Approval: +15
I wrote to Mr Fenty with regards to some ideas, his reply was quick, polite and the ideas will be passed on and disscussed  

UTM

UP THE MARINERS
Private Message
Reply: 66 - 70
September 27, 2010, 11:43pm
Guest User
Fair play to John. I've emailed him three or four times in the past and he's always replied. I feel guilty as I had to be honest and explain how I'd lost confidence in him. I just think relegating a club if Grimsbys size to the conference takes some doing. As top dog he is there to be shot at. The lack of progress re the new ground, the decaying stadium, the RH debacle. Christ even the catering is shite. The whole club seems rotten to the core and my second pair if new gtfc shorts are falling apart and we are losing to plumbers and sausage makers.

I don't doubt johns motives but I think sometimes you are braver to walk away. It's like he's cursed. That or he (and the collective) board continue to make shot decision after shot decision. I'm not happy with the transfer policy either but perhaps the succession of managers should be accountable there.

Reply: 67 - 70
roundballovalhole
September 28, 2010, 2:45am
Guest User
Quoted from 75
Fair play to John. I've emailed him three or four times in the past and he's always replied. I feel guilty as I had to be honest and explain how I'd lost confidence in him.

If I could get away with spunking 100years of history away in 10 years in my job just by replying to 3 or is it 4 emails, I would be happy  Feel guilty??????  FFS man, it's not 1775 and he's not the lord of the manor, stop your grovelling, it's embarrassing !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Reply: 68 - 70
September 28, 2010, 8:02am
Guest User
Quoted from 1054

If I could get away with spunking 100years of history away in 10 years in my job just by replying to 3 or is it 4 emails, I would be happy  Feel guilty??????  FFS man, it's not 1775 and he's not the lord of the manor, stop your grovelling, it's embarrassing !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My point being - I don't believe John Fenty ever intended for this to happen and I am certain he always has the best intentions. It’s just not working for him and I think it would suit everyone if he would cut his (huge) losses and leave the club.

You really are a top class member with no manners by the way.
Reply: 69 - 70
8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › Mr Fenty's reply to my e-mail

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.