Reply: 50 - 70
FishOutOfWater
September 26, 2010, 1:26pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.15
Rep Score: +52 / -7
Approval: +6,568
Gold Stars: 37
And there is one constant with all the wrong appointments....
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 51 - 70
roundballovalhole
September 26, 2010, 1:47pm
Guest User
Quoted from Manchester Mariner

I think you need to stop thinking of this football club as being a company and of its supporters being customers. Going to Blundell Park is and has never been the same as going to Tesco.

Don't tell me this, tell it to Fenty who wants his loans back after having his fun and funking it up.  I agree football clubs generally don't make profit like tesco. . . so why can't he just accept he's clueless and walk away with the dignity of a puppy who has just done a cr4p on the lap of it's owner
Reply: 52 - 70
TheRonRaffertyFanClub
September 26, 2010, 2:59pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.34
Rep Score: +43 / -11
Approval: +8,658
Gold Stars: 23
Quoted from Manchester Mariner

I think you need to stop thinking of this football club as being a company and of its supporters being customers. Going to Blundell Park is and has never been the same as going to Tesco.

No it isn't. But it isn't a charity or a branch of the Samaritans either.

It has to be a viable concern and Fenty must be worried by now surely that another 6 months like the last 6 months and it won't be viable at all.

“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.”
― John Stuart Mill, On Liberty."
Private Message
Reply: 53 - 70
theicenian
September 26, 2010, 3:07pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.99
Rep Score: +60 / -13
Approval: -1
Quoted from 1054

Don't tell me this, tell it to Fenty who wants his loans back after having his fun and funking it up.  I agree football clubs generally don't make profit like tesco. . . so why can't he just accept he's clueless and walk away with the dignity of a puppy who has just done a cr4p on the lap of it's owner

So you will be attending the AGM to ask that very question won't you?

Oh whoops you have to be a shareholder to do that don't you?

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 54 - 70
ginnywings
September 26, 2010, 3:30pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,101
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from theicenian

So you will be attending the AGM to ask that very question won't you?

Oh whoops you have to be a shareholder to do that don't you?

I seem to think Mr RBOH lives down t'South.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 55 - 70
kingofthekippers
September 26, 2010, 5:05pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +39 / -4
Approval: +6
Quoted from 1054

You show me a CEO of another company who has halved his customer base and decimated the company's income in ten years. . . . . do they 'get stick'?. . . No, they get relieved of their command!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Eric Daniels of Lloyds Bank? Overseen a collapse in share price of 350p to 76p and presided over a government bailout of Lloyds that cost £40 billion.

He's still in charge.

Mr McGee, don't make me angry. You wouldn't like me when I'm angry.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 56 - 70
tarka
September 27, 2010, 3:34pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.12
Rep Score: +8 / -2
Approval: +890
Gold Stars: 29
Quoted from 1mickylyons
The Furneax and £500 investment rankles with me also im pretty sure the GTST have raised over 20k which whilst not brilliant is still better than £500 so why isn`t tarka on the board?

a) For the reasons already given re: Investment
b) Because I'm not a Trust Board member any more.
c) Because I wouldn't want to take some of the abuse that JF does on here...and that would be WITHOUT any personal investment!
Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 57 - 70
barralad
September 27, 2010, 5:32pm
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.32
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,290
Gold Stars: 126
Quoted from aldi_01
Whether sit in the 'woods in' or 'woods out' side and are a fan or not in the case of Fenty, both are in for a long haul and were need to support them. He didn't have to reply to Vicars email but he did and aside from the usual CEO/management rhetoric it appeared honest and i do agree with the strive for a longevity and success, it will not happen over night, even the great teams have transition periods...there are teams in this division who are probably saying the same things as us after a pre season that had promise and they have dropped points to 'pub' teams as people call them.

We didn't lose yesterday and we shoud have won, their keeper had the game of his life, i witnessed the best town goal in years and i saw a team that contrary to what people will say, i saw a team that wanted to win and they were gutted at the end but it was not woodsy's fault, players know their roles and 2 very poor choices by the playing staff was our downfall yesterday.

It is the fickle nature of football fans that will entertain me for years to come...at 2-1 i heard people saying 'good substitution' and 'well done for going for it woodsy' etc and yet it is his fault that some clown didn't pick a man up on the edge of the box. Woods could not do anything at the time but none of us will ever know what he said to the player whop was responsible etc after the game...

intercourse me, we didn't moan this much last year and we were flipping dire last year, far worse.

Brilliant!

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 58 - 70
barralad
September 27, 2010, 5:33pm
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.32
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,290
Gold Stars: 126
Quoted from 1mickylyons

Yes and you will still be happily playing the fiddle when the boat sinks REALITY CHECK

Terminal case of mixed metaphors there Mickey

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 59 - 70
8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › Mr Fenty's reply to my e-mail

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.