1mickylyons
September 26, 2010, 11:19am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.53
Rep Score: +42 / -14
Approval: +9,380
Gold Stars: 56
Quoted from theicenian

Just when will you get that I ain't happy with our position.   The trouble with it is you fellows NEVER offer a credible alternative.  You NEED to offer a way out of this and until you do then I will try and mend my fiddle for about the twentieth time. Honestly I would take a serious alternative and I suspect so would the board. Your idea of throwing the baby out with the bathwater and I suspect the bath aswell will result in us not having a club and that then means there would never be a chance in the future to repeat the glories you crave.

I am not privvy to offers that may or may not have been made to the board however im quite willing to accept whatever fate comes our way if Fenty rides of into the sunset simply because we do not belong in the non league circuit his stewardship has bestowed upon us.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 70
roundballovalhole
September 26, 2010, 11:26am
Guest User
Quoted from theicenian

Just when will you get that I ain't happy with our position.   The trouble with it is you fellows NEVER offer a credible alternative.  You NEED to offer a way out of this and until you do then I will try and mend my fiddle for about the twentieth time. Honestly I would take a serious alternative and I suspect so would the board. Your idea of throwing the baby out with the bathwater and I suspect the bath aswell will result in us not having a club and that then means there would never be a chance in the future to repeat the glories you crave.

. . . and what you don't get Icey is that it is not our responsibility to find a buyer for the club. . . we have no knowledge of the offers that have been made to fenty, what he is demanding as the price for a practically financially worthless football club but it is clear that he wants his loans repaid.  You will say fair enough, he put the money in and has the right to maintain 'his investment'.  You ask for a credible alternative but how credible is having Furneaux on the board when he has been made bankrupt many times and his investment appears to be little more than £500 of shares.  What is needed is for the loans made by Fenty to be written off, for the good of the club and it's supporters and the Town itself.  Other Clubs are walking past us in this league with smaller budgets and are still financially viable.  

Fenty's loan (not a donation as many would have you believe) has got to be the sticking point, he wants all of his money back before he relinquishes the Club. . . That's a bit like me investing in Lehman Brothers 5 years ago and expecting my money back now.

He has been an abject failure in every regard for this club, he has had his time, if you are not gonna p1ss, it is time to get off the pot!!!  
Reply: 31 - 70
1mickylyons
September 26, 2010, 11:31am
Special Brew Drinker
The Furneax and £500 investment rankles with me also im pretty sure the GTST have raised over 20k which whilst not brilliant is still better than £500 so why isn`t tarka on the board?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 70
ginnywings
September 26, 2010, 11:34am

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.04
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,098
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from 1mickylyons

Good job GY/CLEE has plenty of sand the amount of folk burying their heads seems to be on the increase.

I'm not burying my head at all but unlike a lot of people on here,i realise there is not a lot i can do about the situation,so ranting and raving on a messageboard is fairly pointless.

There are two things i can't change.

Whoever runs the club and team.

My affiliation to Grimsby Town.

Those calling for boycotting the ground are asking for us to cut off our nose to spite our face and besides,the way things are going,the team are doing their bit to cut the crowd without needing a call for us to do it.

There are plenty of clubs out there that have tumbled down the leagues and the BSP contains a fair few of them.Some have risen back up and some a striving to do so.

Somewhere during the Fleetwood game (probably when their second went in) i had one of those moments when i just thought i'm not going to let this get to me any more.What will be will be and it's much easier being a Town fan with that mindset at the moment.

You of course are entitled to have a different view.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 70
TheRonRaffertyFanClub
September 26, 2010, 11:37am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.34
Rep Score: +43 / -11
Approval: +8,658
Gold Stars: 23
Quoted from ginnywings

I'm not burying my head at all but unlike a lot of people on here,i realise there is not a lot i can do about the situation,so ranting and raving on a messageboard is fairly pointless.

Those calling for boycotting the ground are asking for us to cut off our nose to spite our face and besides,the way things are going,the team are doing their bit to cut the crowd without needing a call for us to do it.

There are plenty of clubs out there that have tumbled down the leagues and the BSP contains a fair few of them.Some have risen back up and some a striving to do so.

Somewhere during the Fleetwood game (probably when their second went in) i had one of those moments when i just thought i'm not going to let this get to me any more.What will be will be and it's much easier being a Town fan with that mindset at the moment.

You of course are entitled to have a different view.

Everyone understands that feeling but the trouble is the players and the manager seem to have got it as well.

“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.”
― John Stuart Mill, On Liberty."
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 70
1mickylyons
September 26, 2010, 11:38am
Special Brew Drinker
[quote=799]

You of course are entitled to have a different view.[/quote

You can change who runs the football club and team most definately however it wont be easy and like you say you will have to suffer for the greater good.If you believe in what JF is doing fine back him personally ive backed him for 10 years and ive had enough he has to go because he holds the horns of power.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 70
dapperz fun pub
September 26, 2010, 11:38am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +9,879
Gold Stars: 82
Quoted from 1mickylyons
The Furneax and £500 investment rankles with me also im pretty sure the GTST have raised over 20k which whilst not brilliant is still better than £500 so why isn`t tarka on the board?

because he wanted to do milton keynes firm at neasden
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 70
roundballovalhole
September 26, 2010, 11:39am
Guest User
Ginnywings. . . I agree that you are not burying your head in the sand

from your last post, it just sounds like you are clenching a leather 'bit' between your teeth and taking whatever happens to you.

We can change who owns the football club with some direct action. . . you can say that this would be cutting off our nose off to spite our face but right now most of our face is either hanging off or has fallen off into a festering pool of Fenty's p1ss and the contents of Furneaux's colostomy bag.

We are going all the wy down with fenty in chagre, the writing is on the wall. . . . and as one person said (in relation to something far more important than football)  al that is needed for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing.

Thanks for the big pile of nothing you are offering!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Reply: 37 - 70
dapperz fun pub
September 26, 2010, 11:43am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +9,879
Gold Stars: 82
Quoted from 1054
Ginnywings. . . I agree that you are not burying your head in the sand

from your last post, it just sounds like you are clenching a leather 'bit' between your teeth and taking whatever happens to you.

We can change who owns the football club with some direct action. . . you can say that this would be cutting off our nose off to spite our face but right now most of our face is either hanging off or has fallen off into a festering pool of Fenty's p1ss and the contents of Furneaux's colostomy bag.

We are going all the wy down with fenty in chagre, the writing is on the wall. . . . and as one person said (in relation to something far more important than football)  al that is needed for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing.

Thanks for the big pile of nothing you are offering!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

im not a fan of yours but clearly fenty and  his manager ........are out of there depths, i trully think another relegation could happen before a turnaround of fortune appears
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 70
1mickylyons
September 26, 2010, 11:48am
Special Brew Drinker
Quoted from dapperz fun pub

im not a fan of yours but clearly fenty and  his manager ........are out of there depths, i trully think another relegation could happen before a turnaround of fortune appears

I get the distinct impression your NOT joking either about another releagtion battle?I dont know wether to stick or twist with Woods NOW but he should never have got the job in the 1st place if has suggested 50 others applied given he never won a game whilst caretaker.I remember his 1st game home to Bradford and i could have cried for the poor sod not one player gave 100% and Conlon gave the worst individual peformance it has ever been my misfortune to witness i feared the worst then nothings changed.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 70
8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › Mr Fenty's reply to my e-mail

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.