8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
EY Mariner
September 26, 2010, 10:22am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +9 / -2
Approval: +865
Gold Stars: 5
Even if there is nobody willing and able to take the position? I agree with you that the chairman's position is untenable, provided that there are parties willing and able to come in and take the club forward.

As far as the managerial situation is concerned, the chairman is, for once, absolutely right.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 70
roundballovalhole
September 26, 2010, 10:28am
Guest User
the club is practically worthless (thanks to Fenty)  his loans are the only thing it will cost to buy the club out. . . furneaux is on the board with 500 quids worth of shares but there is no representation of the fans despite pumping hundreds of thousand pounds into the club season after season
Reply: 11 - 70
1mickylyons
September 26, 2010, 10:37am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.53
Rep Score: +42 / -14
Approval: +9,380
Gold Stars: 56
The e-mail is only telling you NW will be staying for the forseeable which isnt really a shock as the current League position is acceptable to all but the likes of me who fail to see why were in this League in the 1st flipping place?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 70
ginnywings
September 26, 2010, 10:40am

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.04
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,098
Gold Stars: 548
Politicians answer.Talks a lot and says nowt.

Woods is staying and he takes responsibility for our position but let's it be known he doesn't make all the decisions alone.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 70
aldi_01
September 26, 2010, 10:46am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.03
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Whether sit in the 'woods in' or 'woods out' side and are a fan or not in the case of Fenty, both are in for a long haul and were need to support them. He didn't have to reply to Vicars email but he did and aside from the usual CEO/management rhetoric it appeared honest and i do agree with the strive for a longevity and success, it will not happen over night, even the great teams have transition periods...there are teams in this division who are probably saying the same things as us after a pre season that had promise and they have dropped points to 'pub' teams as people call them.

We didn't lose yesterday and we shoud have won, their keeper had the game of his life, i witnessed the best town goal in years and i saw a team that contrary to what people will say, i saw a team that wanted to win and they were gutted at the end but it was not woodsy's fault, players know their roles and 2 very poor choices by the playing staff was our downfall yesterday.

It is the fickle nature of football fans that will entertain me for years to come...at 2-1 i heard people saying 'good substitution' and 'well done for going for it woodsy' etc and yet it is his fault that some clown didn't pick a man up on the edge of the box. Woods could not do anything at the time but none of us will ever know what he said to the player whop was responsible etc after the game...

intercourse me, we didn't moan this much last year and we were flipping dire last year, far worse.

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 70
theicenian
September 26, 2010, 10:49am

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.99
Rep Score: +60 / -13
Approval: -1
Quoted from ginnywings
Politicians answer.Talks a lot and says nowt.

Woods is staying and he takes responsibility for our position but let's it be known he doesn't make all the decisions alone.

In the real world that's how it works.

In the fantasy world of RBOH and others the fans take control. Mmmmm.    Have a look at the rest of football, it is owned by money and unless you produce alternative money you have no chance whatsoever.

Reality check.

A change at the top may or may not happen at the AGM but the same money will be in the club.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 70
1mickylyons
September 26, 2010, 10:51am
Special Brew Drinker
Quoted from aldi_01
Whether sit in the 'woods in' or 'woods out' side and are a fan or not in the case of Fenty, both are in for a long haul and were need to support them. He didn't have to reply to Vicars email but he did and aside from the usual CEO/management rhetoric it appeared honest and i do agree with the strive for a longevity and success, it will not happen over night, even the great teams have transition periods...there are teams in this division who are probably saying the same things as us after a pre season that had promise and they have dropped points to 'pub' teams as people call them.

We didn't lose yesterday and we shoud have won, their keeper had the game of his life, i witnessed the best town goal in years and i saw a team that contrary to what people will say, i saw a team that wanted to win and they were gutted at the end but it was not woodsy's fault, players know their roles and 2 very poor choices by the playing staff was our downfall yesterday.

It is the fickle nature of football fans that will entertain me for years to come...at 2-1 i heard people saying 'good substitution' and 'well done for going for it woodsy' etc and yet it is his fault that some clown didn't pick a man up on the edge of the box. Woods could not do anything at the time but none of us will ever know what he said to the player whop was responsible etc after the game...

intercourse me, we didn't moan this much last year and we were flipping dire last year, far worse.

The average gates through our Seasons in League 2 suggest that the fans have supported whoever has been running the Club either Manager or Chairman however now were Non League so your assessment of last year we were far worse is wrong because we were a league higher.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 70
1mickylyons
September 26, 2010, 10:53am
Special Brew Drinker
Quoted from theicenian

In the real world that's how it works.

In the fantasy world of RBOH and others the fans take control. Mmmmm.    Have a look at the rest of football, it is owned by money and unless you produce alternative money you have no chance whatsoever.

Reality check.

A change at the top may or may not happen at the AGM but the same money will be in the club.

Yes and you will still be happily playing the fiddle when the boat sinks REALITY CHECK

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 70
aldi_01
September 26, 2010, 10:55am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.03
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Difficult to go on gates though, Man City had increasing gates the further down the leagues they went and in fact some clubs even go the other way...our side is better than last year and we are clearly better...yes we have dropped points through no fault but our own but the only one that is directly the managers fault is Fleetwoods second last week. Last year we had 11 players who just turned up and expected their wages etc...i don't believe that this year, anyone who has witnessed how the players react when we score suggests that they too want the success we so desperately want as fans too.

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 70
TheRonRaffertyFanClub
September 26, 2010, 10:56am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.34
Rep Score: +43 / -11
Approval: +8,658
Gold Stars: 23
It is no more than you would expect but I think his attitude may have to change if results and performances continue to be below acceptable standards.

In one way 7 points is not a lot. If you take it over say 25 matches and we were 7 points off the top then no doubt we would all be thinking we could make that up in no time. But a 7 point deficit after the first 11 games is a massive percentage, bearing in mind that several of those games have been against the weaker teams in this league.

More important is the message we have given out to the dressing rooms of every BSP club through our performances -

1. we are incredibly slow starters in any game
2. our side still doesn't know how to cope with teams that chase them around and stop them having time on the ball
3. we struggle to create chances and if Connell is kept quiet we have no other threat
4. we are always likely to crack under pressure, especially late in the game
5. the manager is struggling to find answers to problems 1-4

In other words we are a very soft touch and we have made it obvious how to beat us. That makes it even harder to perform better and get better results. Nobody needs to be afraid of playing the Mariners.

Then there is the money angle. The longer this goes on the fewer people will come through the gates. The club is not going to get the support of the town and all those special offers and discounts last year cannot be successfully repeated again.

The odd thing is that JF seems prepared to let this happen, presumably in the hope that it will all come right in the end. But more likely he is frightened of having to make yet another big decision in a world where he doesn't have a good track record.

It makes me wonder if JF really understands football and football clubs even after all this time. If he does then he must know that decisiveness and timing are two of the keys to success in football. If he doesn't ................ well it looks like being a very dismal time for us all.

“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.”
― John Stuart Mill, On Liberty."
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 70
8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › Mr Fenty's reply to my e-mail

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.