This thread currently has 15,481 views. Print
14 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 Next All Recommend Thread
JazzMariner
September 9, 2010, 2:10pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.40
Rep Score: +8 / -6
Quoted from theicenian

Nope, the only Life President we have is Dudley Ramsden.

I thought he had a Life something!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 130
costa del cleethorpes
September 9, 2010, 2:10pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.05
Rep Score: +3 / -3
Quoted from 935

THE ONLY FINANCIAL IDIOT HERE IS YOU. THERE IS THIS THING YOU SEE, CALLED INFLATION, AND THE WAY INFLATION WORKS IS IT MEANS THAT OVER TIME PRICES FOR GOODS AND SERVICES RISE, SO FIVE YEARS AGO THE COST OF 20 FAGS BY WAY OF AN EXAMPLE WAS 4 POUNDS, THEY NOW COST 6 POUNDS, WAGES RESPOND TO THIS.

morecombe,macclesfield,accy stan and others operate on small budgets and consistently do better than us,thats the real issue
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 130
theicenian
September 9, 2010, 2:11pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.99
Rep Score: +60 / -13
Approval: -1
Quoted from Biccys
This is quite worrying. How many times have we bemoaned Pompey, Rovrum, Ballmouth etc because of their overspending..... It would appear we're doing it but taking money from Fionas inheritance, not local businesses...

I think you need to worry less.     Whilst Messrs Fenty and Parker are funding the club then we will still exist,the worry would be if they stopped doing it then without their money we would struggle to fund a team in Blue Square North nevermind where we are now. This does not constitute a defense of some of the bad decisions that have been taken over the last few years.  However with Mr.Parker's influence I think things should gradually improve.

You only become a Rovrum when the money dries up and whilst those two stick to it we won't.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 130
JazzMariner
September 9, 2010, 2:13pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.40
Rep Score: +8 / -6

morecombe,macclesfield,accy stan and others operate on small budgets and consistently do better than us,thats the real issue

Errr consistently!!! Over the last 2 or 3 seasons maybe but not historically.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 130
theicenian
September 9, 2010, 2:13pm

Season Ticket Holder
Quoted from JazzMariner

I thought he had a Life something!!

According to some on here Life mentioned in the same sentence as you know who is an oxymoron.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 130
September 9, 2010, 2:15pm
Guest User

Could you tell us all the operating budgets of those clubs? do you know for a fact that they make more/less than we do??

I hate all this Fenty bashing. The guy bankrolls our beloved footie club, yup he makes some decisions which are criticised but he rarely fails to get behind his manager by putting his hand in his pocket. We couldnt do without him, cos like it or not there really arent that many people mad enough to lose a few million on a football club when they get no thanks whatsoever from people who wouldnt understand how to operate a business if it bit them in the face
Reply: 45 - 130
TWAreaTownSupporter
September 9, 2010, 2:19pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.43
Rep Score: +26 / -5
Approval: +1
Quoted from 935

THE ONLY FINANCIAL IDIOT HERE IS YOU. THERE IS THIS THING YOU SEE, CALLED INFLATION, AND THE WAY INFLATION WORKS IS IT MEANS THAT OVER TIME PRICES FOR GOODS AND SERVICES RISE, SO FIVE YEARS AGO THE COST OF 20 FAGS BY WAY OF AN EXAMPLE WAS 4 POUNDS, THEY NOW COST 6 POUNDS, WAGES RESPOND TO THIS.

You must be very lucky. I doubt most people's pay has gone up by nearly 40% in that time period. Most has probably stayed still for the last 2 years.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 130
theicenian
September 9, 2010, 2:21pm

Season Ticket Holder

That is a issue which is attributable to the managers and ultimately the board isn't it.    The Buckley, crazy Newell period saw us move 45 players through the club last season.

If you then look at the way things have settled now perhaps things will be a little less expensive in the next year or two.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 130
TWAreaTownSupporter
September 9, 2010, 2:23pm
Brandy Drinker
Quoted from 935

2. It costs somewhere in the region of £750,000 to run a football club on an annual basis.
3. Gate reciepts alone will not cover that

To be picky, strictly speaking ours do. They've been around the £830k mark for 4 years (excepting the Wembley boost)
Obviously doesn't leave much of a playing budget!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 48 - 130
TWAreaTownSupporter
September 9, 2010, 2:27pm
Brandy Drinker
Quoted from Helgy
I might be able to offer some help , i run the 12th man LCFC and we use the Easy Fund Raiser to raise money for our club.
I have signed up Lincoln's MP the club have adopted the EFR on their site and we have just handed over our first cheque to the club.
For every internet purchase you get a donation for example car insurance with Direct line gives a £35 donation ,home insurance £45 donation, a Tesco's grocery shop gets you £2.50.
It has 2000 retailers signed up and is easy to administer.

here's the link.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/causes/the12thman/

If you do take this and it is a great way to earn free money pm me and i'll run you by some more info that you need.

The GTST have been running this type of scheme for years. Always order my mum flowers through this site.

http://buy.at/gtst

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 49 - 130
14 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › GTFC Huge loss

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.