gary_elton
September 10, 2010, 6:51pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.20
Rep Score: +23 / -6
Approval: +1,243
Gold Stars: 6
Quoted from sonik

He continues to thank the fans all the time Jase.  Clapping at the announcement of attendances every game being one instance.  I can also assure you that he does'nt expect thanking for what he contributes either.  He like you, me and others are dying for the success that we all crave.  I just hope that isn't to far away.  UTM!!

It is actually quite good to have a football club , and the one we all support now is thanks to JF's financial input... we would
have gone long ago if it were'nt for him... we all make mistakes... learn to live with them and try to overcome them... but it sure
makes a change to see a supporter for a chairman and not one who is just thinking £££££ and where the next middle/far eastern dollar is coming from

All my pictures , Seem to fade to black and white.... (Reg Dwight)
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 110 - 130
dapperz fun pub
September 10, 2010, 6:55pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +9,719
Gold Stars: 81
Quoted from gary_elton

It is actually quite good to have a football club , and the one we all support now is thanks to JF's financial input... we would
have gone long ago if it were'nt for him... we all make mistakes... learn to live with them and try to overcome them... but it sure
makes a change to see a supporter for a chairman and not one who is just thinking £££££ and where the next middle/far eastern dollar is coming from

clearly he loves the club but clearly he keeps making bad decisions,perhaps take a back seat and let parker have total control for a while
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 111 - 130
gary_elton
September 10, 2010, 7:16pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.20
Rep Score: +23 / -6
Approval: +1,243
Gold Stars: 6
Quoted from dapperz fun pub

clearly he loves the club but clearly he keeps making bad decisions,perhaps take a back seat and let parker have total control for a while

not saying he hasnt made mistakes , we all do that , but at least he has kept us afloat during very dark times.....
no doubt someone will say he was responsible for the dark times... but another chairman who wasn't such an avid supporter
would have said enough a long time ago and there would be no GTFC at all...   so just a litttle thanks to JF  from
us amidst all the abuse wouldn't go slightly amiss that's all.... always easy to criticise when you havent got the funds to
do what he has done...  awaiting criticism for my comments... but its my opinion, that's all...   I do not
mean to have a go at any particular individual here... my post is just general....

All my pictures , Seem to fade to black and white.... (Reg Dwight)
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 112 - 130
Denby
September 10, 2010, 7:18pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +12 / -2
Quoted from gary_elton

we'd have gone long ago if we, the fans, stopped turning up.  it isn't just john "the saint" fenty.  if fenty wasn't chairman perhaps we'd have a man in charge who decides on a strict salary budget (players + other staff) of around £1.2m a year in order to break even so he wouldn't have to keep loaning the club £600k a year.  he says he's proud that we haven't entered administration.  i am too.  but spending £600k per year over what you can afford and being relegated from the league is not particularly impressive management

(sorry icey, can't help myself )
Private Message
Reply: 113 - 130
theicenian
September 10, 2010, 7:31pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.00
Rep Score: +60 / -13
Approval: -1
Quoted from Denby

we'd have gone long ago if we, the fans, stopped turning up.  it isn't just john "the saint" fenty.  if fenty wasn't chairman perhaps we'd have a man in charge who decides on a strict salary budget (players + other staff) of around £1.2m a year in order to break even so he wouldn't have to keep loaning the club £600k a year.  he says he's proud that we haven't entered administration.  i am too.  but spending £600k per year over what you can afford and being relegated from the league is not particularly impressive management

(sorry icey, can't help myself )

The only flaw in your plot Denbers is the word PERHAPS.   That has always been the risk.   I would be very loathe to say bye bye to JF on the premise that perhaps someone else turns up.

I'm in the Gary-Elton camp.   I hope now that in company with Mr.Parker JF can just for once have a bit of luck and have things go right for him.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 114 - 130
Denby
September 10, 2010, 7:34pm

Table Wine Drinker
i think our luck was all used up when we survived the season before last
Private Message
Reply: 115 - 130
dapperz fun pub
September 10, 2010, 7:45pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +9,719
Gold Stars: 81
Quoted from gary_elton

not saying he hasnt made mistakes , we all do that , but at least he has kept us afloat during very dark times.....
no doubt someone will say he was responsible for the dark times... but another chairman who wasn't such an avid supporter
would have said enough a long time ago and there would be no GTFC at all...   so just a litttle thanks to JF  from
us amidst all the abuse wouldn't go slightly amiss that's all.... always easy to criticise when you havent got the funds to
do what he has done...  awaiting criticism for my comments... but its my opinion, that's all...   I do not
mean to have a go at any particular individual here... my post is just general....

where was it written without john fenty the club would fold? im sick of this we should thank him bollox just my opinion,if we dont get out of this league quickly we,ll be fooked with or without him and lets face it hes in such a big hole he cant escape can he
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 116 - 130
MuddyWaters
September 10, 2010, 8:00pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +31,883
Gold Stars: 230
Quoted from dapperz fun pub

where was it written without john fenty the club would fold? im sick of this we should thank him bollox just my opinion,if we dont get out of this league quickly we,ll be fooked with or without him and lets face it hes in such a big hole he cant escape can he

WHS with knobs, bells and whistles on!

Some people ought to look at the club's outgoings and they might see things differently. I'm not saying any more than that but look at my earlier posts for a clue.
Private Message
Reply: 117 - 130
ska face
September 10, 2010, 8:06pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,340
Gold Stars: 824
Quoted from MuddyWaters

WHS with knobs, bells and whistles on!

Whatever happened to "I agree"?
Private Message
Reply: 118 - 130
Denby
September 10, 2010, 8:07pm

Table Wine Drinker
i think this has been discussed before.  something like 5 star fish loaned gtfc some cash a few years ago, gtfc couldn't repay it, the loan was turned into a sponsorship, fenty sold his share in 5 star fish and an agreement was set up by which mr john "the saint" fenty would receive £650k in pension payments...
Private Message
Reply: 119 - 130
14 Pages Prev ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › GTFC Huge loss

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.