flash1
June 20, 2010, 9:22am
rather be a codhead than a scunt
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.38
Rep Score: +21 / -9
Approval: +1
Quoted from bawarmy
one of them is my cousin. I don't really know him and haven't spoken to him in 20 years. Do I shop him? He is a thug BTW

no one likes a grass

rather be a codhead than a scunt

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 90 - 115
Mariner_501
June 20, 2010, 11:29am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +14 / -8
Approval: +227
Gold Stars: 27
Quoted from flash1

no one likes a grass

Exactly, and it's family. Not as if he's killed someone or touched kids.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 91 - 115
WELLSY_GTFC
June 20, 2010, 11:33am

GRIMSBY TOWN FOOTBALL CLUB
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.75
Rep Score: +2 / -3
Quoted from Mariner_501

Unlike trueIron  

BYE FISHY PEOPLE
RIP 17.4.11
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 92 - 115
ticker_1610
June 20, 2010, 12:28pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.60
Rep Score: +32 / -6
Can you get copies of the picture? What it lacks in quality it makes it back in what it captures and represents! Love it!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 93 - 115
dapperz fun pub
June 20, 2010, 12:39pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +9,929
Gold Stars: 82
Quoted from Mariner_501

absolutely but the telegraph have a policy of print pictures first then dont run the story if anyones found not guilty,shame they didnt take the view when its own assistant editor was caught in public loos engaging in a lewd act not that long ago,i suppose they didnt want to ruin his daughters promising tv career eh
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 94 - 115
JonnyK
June 20, 2010, 12:57pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.06
Rep Score: +1 / -1
Approval: +18
Quoted from sweetGTFC
If printing pictures in a paper is the only way that plod can find out names of SUSPECTS then so what?  If they did nothing wrong they have nothing to worry about, if they did do something wrong and brought shame on the club then I sincerely hope that they get the book thrown at them.  Football is for football fans, not hooligans.  

Sorry, but I could not disagree more.  I have a job in which if I was pictured on the front of the paper I would have had a very difficult time staying in it.  The phrase 'there's no smoke without fire' is inherently built into all of us so just seeing someone portrayred as a possible hooligan/criminal/etc is enough to damage their reputation.  If then they were wrongly pictures, well, damage done and at the end of the day they were innocent, so where's the justice in that.

Massively naive opinion to have that if people have nothing to hide then they are fair game to be plastered all over the local rag.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 95 - 115
dapperz fun pub
June 20, 2010, 1:00pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +9,929
Gold Stars: 82
Quoted from JonnyK

Sorry, but I could not disagree more.  I have a job in which if I was pictured on the front of the paper I would have had a very difficult time staying in it.  The phrase 'there's no smoke without fire' is inherently built into all of us so just seeing someone portrayred as a possible hooligan/criminal/etc is enough to damage their reputation.  If then they were wrongly pictures, well, damage done and at the end of the day they were innocent, so where's the justice in that.

Massively naive opinion to have that if people have nothing to hide then they are fair game to be plastered all over the local rag.

couldnt agree more and will the law be consistent in what they do ie nick everyone on the pitch who wasnt involved in any violence because there must have been 800 people on pitch at one point
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 96 - 115
Green27
June 20, 2010, 1:00pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.92
Rep Score: +15 / -6
Approval: +888
Gold Stars: 12
Quoted from flash1

no one likes a grass

This isn't Porridge shop him in. I don't want dicks like that at the game. Then again you have said it was your cousin already and we all know police monitor this board if they don't get something for him you maybe getting a knock at your door now anyway.

We do the DN35 Podcast
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 97 - 115
sweetGTFC
June 20, 2010, 7:17pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.05
Quoted from JonnyK

I suppose it's all about opinions, I know it's difficult to draw parallels but what would your opinion be if the crime was more serious, is it still don't print and potentially let a guilty person escape capture?  On your original point, I too have a job where if I was splattered all over the paper I'd be in a difficult position, but then that's further incentive for me to act like a grown up at a football match.  Do you have any more idiotic comments to make or are you too busy w8nking off to football factory?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 98 - 115
JonnyK
June 20, 2010, 7:26pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.06
Rep Score: +1 / -1
Approval: +18
Quoted from sweetGTFC

I suppose it's all about opinions, I know it's difficult to draw parallels but what would your opinion be if the crime was more serious, is it still don't print and potentially let a guilty person escape capture?  On your original point, I too have a job where if I was splattered all over the paper I'd be in a difficult position, but then that's further incentive for me to act like a grown up at a football match.  Do you have any more idiotic comments to make or are you too busy w8nking off to football factory?

I started typing out an eloquent response.  Then I realised you are either:
a) a kid;
b) a imbecile;

I doubt you have a job anything beyond tieing your own shoe laces.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 99 - 115
12 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › Hooligans in paper

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.