Marinerdan
June 18, 2010, 5:49pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.23
Rep Score: +15 / -1
Approval: +969
Gold Stars: 17
Quoted from Garth

WHS they could easily stated that the police wanted to contact these people in connection with the Burton incident and would advise them to report to the Police Station ASAP for questioning, far more civilised way of reporting rather than giving them the gladitorial thumbs down without even questioning

When you read it closly they've been very careful with their choice of words to avoid legal action.

UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 115
Alfie
June 18, 2010, 5:53pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.67
Rep Score: +22 / -11
Approval: +159
Quoted from theicenian
I'm distinctly unimpressed by the Telegraphs urge to publish photographs before people have actually been charged never mind convicted of anything. In their usual way they go charging in with only half the facts and act as judge and jury.  

The point being ofcourse how accurate are the photos,were they taken on the day,were the folks involved on the pitch ,in the stand etc etc.  What happened to innocent until PROVED guilty.  According to the Telegraph it's guilty until proved innocent. By this I do not in any way defend those who actually caused mayhem but in the country I was born into there USED to be something akin to justice and this is not it.

Totally agree.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 115
WELLSY_GTFC
June 18, 2010, 6:10pm

GRIMSBY TOWN FOOTBALL CLUB
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.75
Rep Score: +2 / -3
Quoted from MarinerJosh
I know the ginger one he's at college.

Is it the last one

BYE FISHY PEOPLE
RIP 17.4.11
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 115
1mickylyons
June 18, 2010, 6:23pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.53
Rep Score: +42 / -14
Approval: +9,380
Gold Stars: 56
Witch hunt as per usual lets just make sure we have the innocent til proved guilty approach on here shall we because i know for a fact at least 2 pictured today are not and never have been involved in anything.They may wrongly have gone onto the playing area at Burton but any decent brief would argue they never had much of a choice due to the overcrowding in the away end.The only yobs i saw at Burton were in Police uniforms waving sticks about PC Dodds should be sacked for incompetence if this is the best he can do LOL.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 115
1mickylyons
June 18, 2010, 6:29pm
Special Brew Drinker
The other thing anyone who rings up and names the people pictured without actually having witnessed them 1st hand breaking the law is lower than a snakes bollox.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 115
Mariner_501
June 18, 2010, 6:30pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +14 / -8
Approval: +227
Gold Stars: 27
Everyone knows police can't do their job properly, total waste of council tax. I know someone that had their house broken into 5 nights in a row, yet the ob never found out who it was. (off topic I know) Doddsy is not doing his job properly if that is the list he can draw up. He's meant to be the F.I officer?!  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 115
Mariner_501
June 18, 2010, 6:32pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +14 / -8
Approval: +227
Gold Stars: 27
Quoted from 1mickylyons
The other thing anyone who rings up and names the people pictured without actually having witnessed them 1st hand breaking the law is lower than a snakes bollox.

By the looks of it Doddsy is just trying to pick out a few people to justify his salary. I wouldn't be surprised if half of those pictured never did anything more than 200 others.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 115
Tinymariner
June 18, 2010, 6:37pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.74
Rep Score: +30 / -2
Approval: +1,456
Gold Stars: 12
Quoted from Mariner_501

By the looks of it Doddsy is just trying to pick out a few people to justify his salary. I wouldn't be surprised if half of those pictured never did anything more than 200 others.

This is not the doing of PC Dodds, It is being driven by the Burton Police. I am sure he will have an input and let them know who is who but it is all down to the CCTV at Burton.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 115
1mickylyons
June 18, 2010, 6:47pm
Special Brew Drinker
Quoted from Tinymariner

This is not the doing of PC Dodds, It is being driven by the Burton Police. I am sure he will have an input and let them know who is who but it is all down to the CCTV at Burton.

Well the Telegraph quote him Tiny so........................Anyhow read page 5 and the four who failed to surrender their passports on June 1st and what the Soliciter had to say i can see things being very interesting what with peoples civil rights being taken away etc.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 115
1mickylyons
June 18, 2010, 6:49pm
Special Brew Drinker
Quoted from Mariner_501

I remember on the day a Town fan shouting at him Hey doddsy this time next week youll be a traffic warden made a terrible day a bit brighter.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 115
12 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › Hooligans in paper

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.