Private Message
Reply: 20 - 115
Balaby
June 18, 2010, 4:28pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.00
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +87
One of them is a regular at most games and is an avid supporter. He actually went to the Burton game with me and was in no trouble and caused no trouble what so ever.!! So how they can publish these pictures and brandish them all hooligans is ridiculous. I'm not saying all of them are inocent but i know this individual at least  definately is.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 115
Mariner_501
June 18, 2010, 4:33pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +14 / -8
Approval: +227
Gold Stars: 27
Quoted from Balaby
One of them is a regular at most games and is an avid supporter. He actually went to the Burton game with me and was in no trouble and caused no trouble what so ever.!! So how they can publish these pictures and brandish them all hooligans is ridiculous. I'm not saying all of them are inocent but i know this individual at least  definately is.

The 2 youngest lads aren't trouble causers. I'd love to know what they did to be branded hooligans.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 115
Alfie
June 18, 2010, 4:41pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.67
Rep Score: +22 / -11
Approval: +159
Quoted from Mariner_501
I recognise 5 of them. One is our very own ALFIE's mate.   Another is a a harmless kid. I can't see any of them causing much trouble.  

Correct.
For the record, the big ginger lad is not a hooligan. He is a season ticket holder, a regular at away games and a loyal Grimsby Town supporter. He's just unlucky that he's drunk too much on the day and been caught up on the pitch with a bunch of idiots. Wrong place, at the wrong time, if you will. Very naive and stupid on his part.

He shouldn't have got himself in that position but he's faced up to his mistake and rang the police first thing this morning. He appreciates he shouldn't have gone on the pitch and will take whatever punishment is deemed necessary.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 115
Mariner_501
June 18, 2010, 4:49pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +14 / -8
Approval: +227
Gold Stars: 27
Quoted from Alfie

Correct.
For the record, the big ginger lad is not a hooligan. He is a season ticket holder, a regular at away games and a loyal Grimsby Town supporter. He's just unlucky that he's drunk too much on the day and been caught up on the pitch with a bunch of idiots. Wrong place, at the wrong time, if you will. Very naive and stupid on his part.

He shouldn't have got himself in that position but he's faced up to his mistake and rang the police first thing this morning. He appreciates he shouldn't have gone on the pitch and will take whatever punishment is deemed necessary.

I don't know the lad but see him at games, both home and away. He IS NOT a hooligan and whatever he did was totally out of character and I hope he doesn't get a banning order (I guess he is going to) because the lad is harmless, just a normal town fan that I guess was just drunk off that we had been relegated.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 115
Marinerdan
June 18, 2010, 5:10pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.23
Rep Score: +15 / -1
Approval: +970
Gold Stars: 17
Picture number 10 looks familer?

UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 115
Alfie
June 18, 2010, 5:15pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.67
Rep Score: +22 / -11
Approval: +159
Quoted from Mariner_501

I don't know the lad but see him at games, both home and away. He IS NOT a hooligan and whatever he did was totally out of character and I hope he doesn't get a banning order (I guess he is going to) because the lad is harmless, just a normal town fan that I guess was just drunk off that we had been relegated.

Exactly. He's just been caught up with a group of thugs and, understandably, been tarred with the same brush. This guy has been at the game with me and two other proper town fans PLUS his little brother. He has in no way gone to cause trouble. Nor has he hit anyone - his clean 'record' should show this.

Hopefully, the Old Bill and Club will appreciate this, and his cooperation, and deal with him lightly.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 115
lukeo
June 18, 2010, 5:25pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,372
Gold Stars: 145
I recognise 1 from sunday league football. As far as i know he's never been to a town game until Burton.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 115
theicenian
June 18, 2010, 5:26pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.99
Rep Score: +60 / -13
Approval: -1
I'm distinctly unimpressed by the Telegraphs urge to publish photographs before people have actually been charged never mind convicted of anything. In their usual way they go charging in with only half the facts and act as judge and jury.  

The point being ofcourse how accurate are the photos,were they taken on the day,were the folks involved on the pitch ,in the stand etc etc.  What happened to innocent until PROVED guilty.  According to the Telegraph it's guilty until proved innocent. By this I do not in any way defend those who actually caused mayhem but in the country I was born into there USED to be something akin to justice and this is not it.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 115
Garth
June 18, 2010, 5:39pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,921
Gold Stars: 26
Quoted from theicenian
I'm distinctly unimpressed by the Telegraphs urge to publish photographs before people have actually been charged never mind convicted of anything. In their usual way they go charging in with only half the facts and act as judge and jury.  

The point being ofcourse how accurate are the photos,were they taken on the day,were the folks involved on the pitch ,in the stand etc etc.  What happened to innocent until PROVED guilty.  According to the Telegraph it's guilty until proved innocent. By this I do not in any way defend those who actually caused mayhem but in the country I was born into there USED to be something akin to justice and this is not it.

WHS they could easily stated that the police wanted to contact these people in connection with the Burton incident and would advise them to report to the Police Station ASAP for questioning, far more civilised way of reporting rather than giving them the gladitorial thumbs down without even questioning
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 115
12 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › Hooligans in paper

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.