13 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 All Recommend Thread
Poojah
April 17, 2010, 10:54pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.23
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +29,153
Gold Stars: 1,490
Now I’m as optimistic as anyone when it comes to this twĂĄt of a football club, but after this afternoon’s latest capitulation it’s time to wake up and smell the coffee – we’re fĂșcked. Down. Goners. Non-league. To be honest I didn’t know how it would affect me, it’s not like it hasn’t been coming, but tonight I just feel absolutely deflated. Absolutely fĂșcking devastated.

I can’t get away from these emotions, I just want the whole world to just fĂșck off and leave me alone. To help me come to terms with this whole mess, I’ve decided to compile a list of everyone and everything I want to fĂșck off most of all.

For starters, work can fĂșck off. If they think I’m going to be there on Monday morning they’ve got another thing coming. No way am I going in to spend time dealing with cĂșnts that I can barely stand being with when I’m in a good mood, let alone this crushing feeling of anger, frustration and outright metaphorical-kicked-in-the-bĂłllocks-ness.

Plastic Premier League fans can fĂșck off. I just spoke to my Manchester United supporting neighbour (who incidentally, has been to Old Trafford before – twice) about Town’s predicament. You know what he said? “I know how you feel; it’s like when we failed to win a trophy in ‘95”. NO IT FÚCKING WELL IS NOT!

He no longer has a face.

The girlfriend can definitely fĂșck off. Her best attempt at consolation – “I don’t know why you’re bothered; you knew they were shĂ­t anyway”. Yes love, but they’re MY shĂ­t team. They’ve been MINE for pretty much as long as I’ve been able to wipe my own ĂĄrse, and they’ll be MINE for as long as I’m alive (or at least, until I’m no longer able to wipe my own ĂĄrse). Truth is, watching my team win does things for me that no woman can. If push comes to shove and I’m horny, I can always have a wĂĄnk.

Barrow can fĂșck off. I’ve been all over the country and beyond to watch my team, but frankly I just don’t have the stomach to visit any town which makes Scunthorpe look like fĂșcking St. Tropez.

Dad, you can fĂșck off. This is your fault. Your idea. You introduced me to this shower of shĂ­t. “Come with me to Blundell Park”, you said, “Come and support the boys”. What could I do? I was fĂșcking four, what choice did I have? Why not get me hooked on Heroin whilst you were at it? I could have gone with mum shopping for bras and knickers at British Home Stores, but no, you knew best.

Granted, I’d have probably grown up a homosexual but surely even being simultaneously bĂșggered two guys named Seth and Quentin couldn’t hurt like this.

Seeing as we’re on the subject of homosexuality, Gok Wan can fĂșck off. No particular reason, I just plain don’t like the annoying, goggle-eyed cĂșnt.

The F.A. can fĂșck off. Not for supplying us, week-in, week- out, with inept referee after inept referee, but for imposing sensible financial rules on all clubs in League Two. How many clubs in this division have been into administration this season? Not one. How many points deducted? Not one. How the fĂșck else are we supposed to avoid relegation – footballing merit? We didn’t have to last season, so why spoil the fun now?

The World Cup can fĂșck off – I don’t care anymore.

My local pizza shop can fĂșck off. I ordered a 12” Pepperoni over an hour ago, and where the fĂșck is it? Are they trying to fĂșcking fly it to me or something?

Sky Sports can fĂșck off. Nothing personal, but there’ll be little need for me next season with no Town to be found anywhere. Ooh, Bolton versus Wolves, LIVE. I think I’ll pass...

The radio can fĂșck off. On my way home from the match, whilst driving down the M180, I caught three completely separate stations playing ‘Down’ by Jay Sean at the exact same fĂșcking time. The song’s the best part of a year old, how the fĂșck does that happen by coincidence!?

My nan’s old lucky Buddha that used to sit in her front room can fĂșck off. When I was a kid I held it in my hands and wished for Town to be in the Premier League. I meant the proper one you fat cĂșnt, not the one occupied by Histon, Eastbourne and for fĂșck’s sake, Ebbsfleet, wherever that is.

Tonight can fĂșck off. I’ve had enough of trying to cope with my emotions; the time has come for oblivion. I haven’t kept any booze in the house since an occasion known only as ‘That Night’ by myself and the missus, but suffice to say that the toilet duck and luminous blue mouthwash are looking like stronger propositions by the minute.

Most of all though, the last 10 years can fĂșck off. In that time I’ve watched my team fall from the top of the Championship into non-league nothingness. We’ve gone from one great big fĂșck up to the next without even coming up for air, and today is just the big, fĂșck off cherry on top.

One thing I’m sure of though is that we WILL be back. When it comes down to it, a football club is basically just a set of supporters, and frankly what I’ve learned in the last few years is that this one has some of the best. We’ve had to put up with some shĂ­t, haven’t we boys, but in spite of all of that the future is still bright – it’s fĂșcking black and white.

Grimsby ‘til I die...

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Mariner Tim
April 17, 2010, 10:59pm

Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.08
Vote Poojah.

Up The Mariners
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 124
goolemariner

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Approval: +1
The legend is back.

Those were the days, my friend,
We took the Stretford End,
We took the Kop, the Kippax and the Shed,
We lived the life we choose,
We'd fight, we'd never lose,
Those were the days, oh yes those were the days,
Nah nah nah nah nah nah, Town!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 124
BarnsleyGull
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01

oh dear mate.

sorry.

(and please dont tell me to f**k off)

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 124
cleemariner1
April 17, 2010, 11:01pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +1 / 0
the legend that is poojah has said how we all flipping feel.......POOJAH FOR MANAGER

GRIMSBY TOWN...BSP CHAMPIONS 2010/11
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 124
Corkyefes
April 17, 2010, 11:02pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.34
Rep Score: +14 / -3
Approval: -117
Gold Stars: 7
You had your 5 minutes.

Don't milk it haha
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 124
vanman
Snakebite drinker
Poojah you have a way with words fella, fooking class!

Here comes the action
Here it comes at last
Lord give me reaction
Lord give me a chance
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 124
bawarmy
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.25
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +1,821
Gold Stars: 27

Beautifully put, I'll FĂșck off now
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 124
BarnsleyGull
April 17, 2010, 11:03pm
Shandy Drinker
Quoted from BarnsleyGull

oh dear mate.

sorry.

(and please dont tell me to f**k off)

oh, forgot to say read your other "legend" post from before too, where you slagged off the players.

top drawer mate, and we have all felt like that.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 124
sutton mariner
April 17, 2010, 11:04pm
Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.45
Rep Score: +52 / -6
Approval: +1,135
Gold Stars: 49
I FOKING LOVE YOU POOJAH!!!!!

I Make Movies #UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 124
MarinerJosh
April 17, 2010, 11:05pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +3 / -5
Poojah

Grimsby Town FC.

One Love!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 124
mariner91
April 17, 2010, 11:06pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,249
Gold Stars: 253
Poojah Poojah Poojah. Fu(k off world is the way I feel too.

Looking forward to a brighter future now Fenty has gone.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 124
Marinermaiden
April 17, 2010, 11:10pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.02
I can sympathise with most of that lol!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 124
April 17, 2010, 11:22pm
Guest User
I'm devasted as I sit typing on my keyboard, wifey is out with her mates up meggs. I've left my chums in Cleethorpes finest pubs as my (Man Utd supporting) ex Sunday league player (I manage em when at 34, I really want to flipping play), tells me how inept I am when I dropped him (amongst a squad of 32) 6 months ago.

Just kill me, I really don't care anymore.
Reply: 13 - 124
Poojah
April 17, 2010, 11:31pm
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from 75
I'm devasted as I sit typing on my keyboard, wifey is out with her mates up meggs. I've left my chums in Cleethorpes finest pubs as my (Man Utd supporting) ex Sunday league player (I manage em when at 34, I really want to flipping play), tells me how inept I am when I dropped him (amongst a squad of 32) 6 months ago.

The only thing that's keeping me going tonight is the thought of getting back into the league. It won't be easy, won't be pretty, but we will.

Chin up, big fella.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 124
Citymariner
April 17, 2010, 11:35pm
Pontoonite
Posts Per Day: 0.78
Rep Score: +18 / -1
Approval: +27
That's put a smile on my face.

Vote Poojah.
Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 15 - 124
April 17, 2010, 11:36pm
Guest User
I have no doubt we'll be back. The club is nothing without it's fans. And our fans are second to none. We're not going anywhere...
Reply: 16 - 124
April 17, 2010, 11:44pm
Guest User
Quoted from Poojah

The only thing that's keeping me going tonight is the thought of getting back into the league. It won't be easy, won't be pretty, but we will.

Chin up, big fella.

I'll try Poojah. You too mate. Please tap me on the shoulder when you see me. We can have a chat and I promise, I will keep your super heroism to myself.

Update: Missus is home before 12.00. Wanted time to myself - she has no idea. I know I'm with thousands of you - gives me comfort.
Reply: 17 - 124
Alfie
April 17, 2010, 11:47pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.68
Rep Score: +22 / -11
Approval: +159
Quoted from 75

I've only met you once or twice Vicar (and even then, you was just doing me a big favour) and although I don't agree with your political views sometimes, I don't half respect how much this all means to you. How much it means to all of us... We have our fair share of idiots... But give me this, everytime over a souless arm-chair, Cup and Premier League double.

It's hard tonight. And these next four games will be horrible. But come the summer, when Mr. Woods begins our turnaround, and we finally get some stability in the BSP after ten years of decline (i'd fucking kill for a boring 8th or 9th place finish), it'll be worth it.

We'll be back, one day.

Great post btw, Poojah.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 124
TimMickleburgh
April 17, 2010, 11:53pm
Table Wine Drinker
Rep Score: +4 / -5
Poojah, that was excellent. I feel completely dejected and hoped this day would never come.

“No attempt at ethical or social seduction can eradicate from my heart a deep burning hatred for the Tory Party. So far as I am concerned they are lower than vermin.” Aneurin Bevan
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 124
April 17, 2010, 11:56pm
Guest User
Quoted from Alfie

I've only met you once or twice Vicar (and even then, you was just doing me a big favour) and although I don't agree with your political views sometimes, I don't half respect how much this all means to you. How much it means to all of us... We have our fair share of idiots... But give me this, everytime over a souless arm-chair, Cup and Premier League double.

It's hard tonight. And these next four games will be horrible. But come the summer, when Mr. Woods begins our turnaround, and we finally get some stability in the BSP after ten years of decline (i'd fucking kill for a boring 8th or 9th place finish), it'll be worth it.

We'll be back, one day.

Great post btw, Poojah.

Alfie, if I've been a miserable bottom around GTFC and football I apologise as I really didn't mean any disrespect. We are all Town and I suppose it has been hard to raise a smile, even amongst our own and I really apologise if I have ever come across that way but weekends, football has been hard for the last few years.

Again, I apologise if I've ever come across as being a tosser. It's hard to keep on smiling when every defeat, every missed tackle, every post match cliches mean the same.

Alfie, let's have a miserable as bottom beer next time!!! (my fault).
Reply: 20 - 124
roundballovalhole
April 17, 2010, 11:58pm
Guest User
Quoted from Alfie

We'll be back, one day.

Great post btw, Poojah.

What have we become? 8th or 9th in the BSP. . .
Reply: 21 - 124
Alfie
April 18, 2010, 12:07am
Whiskey Drinker
Quoted from 75

Alfie, if I've been a miserable bottom around GTFC and football I apologise as I really didn't mean any disrespect. We are all Town and I suppose it has been hard to raise a smile, even amongst our own and I really apologise if I have ever come across that way but weekends, football has been hard for the last few years.

Again, I apologise if I've ever come across as being a tosser. It's hard to keep on smiling when every defeat, every missed tackle, every post match cliches mean the same.

Alfie, let's have a miserable as bottom beer next time!!! (my fault).

Not at all, mate.

It means so much to all of us. Although, cheap tickets put a few more bums on seats, you could see today who it really hurt. I didn't know what to do at the end. I don't think many people did. Some people shouted, boo'd, others just sat there or went early because they'd had enough. I was lucky enough to let Mr. Fenty know what I thought of him... obviously in a dignified manner. But it's not nice, and we've been through a lot of sh[right][/right]it. I wouldn't swap it though. Because, I know, one day, we'll be good again. And I know that when we're good again (when we have a new messiah other than that gent in your sig), it'll taste even sweeter. We'll look back on these days. On these last ten years.

We could make it easy for ourselves. Say we're not bothering anymore and vow to support United from the pub. It'd be cheaper and less stressful. But we won't. We'll be there next season. On terraces, pissing against walls that are somehow deemed toilets, going to home games where you can count the away fans on a couple of pair of hands. But we'll be there.

And when we have a bit of luck. Some minor success. An FA Trophy win, promotion even, something. Anything. A smidgeon of success. It'll mean so much more than the feeling any shitcunt armchair fan gets when their side wins another trophy.

We'll be back.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 124
April 18, 2010, 12:12am
Guest User
Quoted from Alfie

Not at all, mate.

It means so much to all of us. Although, cheap tickets put a few more bums on seats, you could see today who it really hurt. I didn't know what to do at the end. I don't think many people did. Some people shouted, boo'd, others just sat there or went early because they'd had enough. I was lucky enough to let Mr. Fenty know what I thought of him... obviously in a dignified manner. But it's not nice, and we've been through a lot of sh[right][/right]it. I wouldn't swap it though. Because, I know, one day, we'll be good again. And I know that when we're good again (when we have a new messiah other than that gent in your sig), it'll taste even sweeter. We'll look back on these days. On these last ten years.

We could make it easy for ourselves. Say we're not bothering anymore and vow to support United from the pub. It'd be cheaper and less stressful. But we won't. We'll be there next season. On terraces, pissing against walls that are somehow deemed toilets, going to home games where you can count the away fans on a couple of pair of hands. But we'll be there.

And when we have a bit of luck. Some minor success. An FA Trophy win, promotion even, something. Anything. A smidgeon of success. It'll mean so much more than the feeling any shitcunt armchair fan gets when their side wins another trophy.

We'll be back.

Thanks Alfie

That reponse, means a lot.

We are all hurting mate. I'm alone, typing at a keyboard and I somehow feel I'm the only bloke who feels like this....but I know I'm not.

No promises of comebacks, we'll take it in our stride.

TOGETHER.
Reply: 23 - 124
Alfie
April 18, 2010, 12:19am
Whiskey Drinker
Quoted Text
Alfie, BarnsleyGull, bawarmy, BIGChris, BigDez, BP Vicar, Chopper_imp, DaveGTFC, DavidB, davmariner, ginnywings, glassman, Green27, gullboy2010, jonnogeorge, Mariner16, mariner_mikey, Mariner_Traff, MarinerJosh, Marinermaiden, meggiesbeergut, moosey_club, MSN Bot, New South Wales Mariner, Offley mariner, Poojah, siy2k5, sonofmadeleymariner, Steve Thomas, Steve_gtfc, ticker_1610, TimMickleburgh, tintowner, vanman, wekeepdreaming, wigworld and 84 Guests

I know not everyone on here tonight is a Mariner but there's 100+ on here at gone midnight, hundreds probably sat on the couch (or tucked up in bed) a bit lifeless thinking it all over, more pished senseless trying to block it all out. And others dotted all over the world watching on from afar.

It means a lot to everyone.

In a way, I think we're all suckers for punishment.

The daft thing is. As pathetic as it sounds, to any other cunt, we'll probably have a few hundred of us stood on some terrace in the rain on a Tuesday night at Barrow watching us get done over by a bunch of yokels next season.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 124
TimMickleburgh
April 18, 2010, 12:27am
Table Wine Drinker
Rep Score: +4 / -5
Screw you, you cider-drinking prat.

“No attempt at ethical or social seduction can eradicate from my heart a deep burning hatred for the Tory Party. So far as I am concerned they are lower than vermin.” Aneurin Bevan
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 124
Kris2
April 18, 2010, 12:29am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.65
Rep Score: +16 / -18
Approval: +2,617
Gold Stars: 136
Okaaaay

Chill out. Football season will be back in the summer and normal service will resume with a whole bunch of new places to visit. And you're upset we're going down so you make homophobic comments? How mature. Good to know the population of Grimsby has to bring their personal hatred into football. Why not make comments about black people and immigrants while you were at it?

Oh and Ebbsfleet is in Kent but i think they got relegated so you might not have to go there afterall.
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 124
moosey_club
April 18, 2010, 12:31am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.71
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,144
Gold Stars: 220
FFS get a grip!!!

Yes we are relegated bar the maths but thats all, GTFC will still be there, so i understand, so does it matter?? No it doesnt, i fail to see how anyone can be gutted, its not like a bolt out of the blue is it, yesterday - oh yes everything is fine, today - oh f#ck me we are relegated ,how did that happen???

We have been b@ll@cks for ages so if you are stunned by the inevitable then you must clean windows with your tongue, we will still exist, we will still turn up at B.P come August, we will still have a team to follow. If you moan about where your team are then sorry you may as well "F'ck off" and support Man Utd, you support GTFC, not GT in the football league strings attached FC.

History does not count for anything in football, you are as only as good as your last match or season even so we are where we are on merit, or lack of it, alone.

Bring on the BSP adventure.

UTM

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWL
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted đŸ„ł
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 124
80sglory
April 18, 2010, 12:32am
Guest User
Thanks for putting a smile back on my face tonight Poojah.
Quality !
Contender for post of the year.....
Reply: 28 - 124
Alfie
April 18, 2010, 12:43am
Whiskey Drinker
Quoted from Kris2

Chill out. Football season will be back in the summer and normal service will resume with a whole bunch of new places to visit. And you're upset we're going down so you make homophobic comments? How mature. Good to know the population of Grimsby has to bring their personal hatred into football. Why not make comments about black people and immigrants while you were at it?

Oh and Ebbsfleet is in Kent but i think they got relegated so you might not have to go there afterall.

One of the best posts on here tonight (and for a few weeks) and you get all shitty over some off the cuff remarks about homos. Don't read the non-footy board, mate, you'd probably have a seizure. And that's coming from someone who's about as liberal, anti-discrimination etc. you can get.

And if you're going to be a smart arse, Ebbsfleet didn't get relegated (and are looking like they may stay up now), plus you only know it's in Kent because you Google'd it, didn't you?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 124
Poojah
April 18, 2010, 1:03am
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from Kris2
Okaaaay

Don't take everything so seriously. It was just a lighthearted post trying to take some off the darkness off what is, to be fair, arguably this club's blackest day.

No offence intended.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 124
April 18, 2010, 1:09am
Guest User
Quoted from Poojah

Don't take everything so seriously. It was just a lighthearted post trying to take some off the darkness off what is, to be fair, arguably this club's blackest day.

No offence intended.

Our darkest day is to come Poojah.

I estimate 6 and three quarter days should just about cover it.

But, with the missus in bed (complaing why I wouldn't download episode whatever of 24 or Lost), I have cracked open the remaining bottles of champers from our wedding a couple of months ago - I will get copulated over this tomorrow but I don't usually have alcohol in the house so I'll drink alone and I'll drink whatever I flipping well can).
Reply: 31 - 124
NE Mariner
April 18, 2010, 1:11am
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.04

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 124
FishOutOfWater
April 18, 2010, 1:36am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.15
Rep Score: +52 / -7
Approval: +6,564
Gold Stars: 37
Quoted from Poojah

No offence intended.

Keep it going Poojah...

Your rants are partly tongue in cheek and partly right from the heart - they strike the right balance of what a lot of us are feeling

I just hope that one day we'll get a more upbeat positive input from you that's come about because we have something to celebrate....that day may be a long way away, but it will come!

UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 33 - 124
milkmonitor
April 18, 2010, 1:37am
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.00
The best literature I have read since................ no, just the best writing I have read. Ever existentially angst your way to Notts., the diamond white is on me.                                                                                            
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 124
April 18, 2010, 1:42am
Guest User
Quoted from milkmonitor
The best literature I have read since................ no, just the best writing I have read. Ever existentially angst your way to Notts., the diamond white is on me.                                                                                            

Love it. "existentially angst".

Almost worth you typing, confirming and registering your e-mail addy for.

Welcome
Reply: 35 - 124
Wrawby_Mariner
April 18, 2010, 1:45am
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.72
Rep Score: +50 / -13
Approval: +862
Gold Stars: 6
Been working my bottom off to be fit for the Burton game. Is it still worth going?
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype Skype
Reply: 36 - 124
April 18, 2010, 1:50am
Guest User
Quoted from Wrawby_Mariner
Been working my bottom off to be fit for the Burton game. Is it still worth going?

Probably not but if it's your personal target then go for it mate. But, listen to the Docs.

I know I can't begin to comprehend the pain you must have gone through and continue to go through but we are all town and we are all with you.

Still haven't come across you in the pubs but I'll introduce myself when I see you. Triumph over adversity mate, UTM.
Reply: 37 - 124
milkmonitor
April 18, 2010, 1:55am
Coke Drinker
Quoted from 75

Love it. "existentially angst".

Almost worth you typing, confirming and registering your e-mail addy for.

Welcome

It was an effort that had to be made.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 124
Claudius Tiberius Smith
April 18, 2010, 1:56am
Table Wine Drinker
Rep Score: +8 / 0
Approval: +3
Brilliant post Poojah!!
Don't worry next season you will enjoy the Blue Square s*** getting a right sorting out by Town. & as you say with your fan base you will get back up sooner or later!!!!

Proud to be a Pleb!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 124
April 18, 2010, 2:16am
Guest User
Quoted from milkmonitor

It was an effort that had to be made.

Quality start m8. I doubt the sleeping missus will be pleasantly surprised to see an upset vicar has ravaged her entire stocks of moet but what can you do?
Reply: 40 - 124
louth_in_the_south
April 18, 2010, 2:17am

Exile
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +5,552
Gold Stars: 94
Quoted from 75

Our darkest day is to come Poojah.

I estimate 6 and three quarter days should just about cover it.

But, with the missus in bed (complaing why I wouldn't download episode whatever of 24 or Lost), I have cracked open the remaining bottles of champers from our wedding a couple of months ago - I will get copulated over this tomorrow but I don't usually have alcohol in the house so I'll drink alone and I'll drink whatever I flipping well can).

just had row with the mrs , she thinks ive got a drink problem . cant go to sleep till i pass out and that means drink is the only option . bo llocks to it

Lower F5
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 124
cmackenzie4
April 18, 2010, 6:17am

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 11.29
Rep Score: +130 / -10
Approval: +14,320
Gold Stars: 33
Quoted from Poojah
Now I’m as optimistic as anyone when it comes to this twĂĄt of a football club, but after this afternoon’s latest capitulation it’s time to wake up and smell the coffee – we’re fĂșcked. Down. Goners. Non-league. To be honest I didn’t know how it would affect me, it’s not like it hasn’t been coming, but tonight I just feel absolutely deflated. Absolutely fĂșcking devastated.

I can’t get away from these emotions, I just want the whole world to just fĂșck off and leave me alone. To help me come to terms with this whole mess, I’ve decided to compile a list of everyone and everything I want to fĂșck off most of all.

For starters, work can fĂșck off. If they think I’m going to be there on Monday morning they’ve got another thing coming. No way am I going in to spend time dealing with cĂșnts that I can barely stand being with when I’m in a good mood, let alone this crushing feeling of anger, frustration and outright metaphorical-kicked-in-the-bĂłllocks-ness.

Plastic Premier League fans can fĂșck off. I just spoke to my Manchester United supporting neighbour (who incidentally, has been to Old Trafford before – twice) about Town’s predicament. You know what he said? “I know how you feel; it’s like when we failed to win a trophy in ‘95”. NO IT FÚCKING WELL IS NOT!

He no longer has a face.

The girlfriend can definitely fĂșck off. Her best attempt at consolation – “I don’t know why you’re bothered; you knew they were shĂ­t anyway”. Yes love, but they’re MY shĂ­t team. They’ve been MINE for pretty much as long as I’ve been able to wipe my own ĂĄrse, and they’ll be MINE for as long as I’m alive (or at least, until I’m no longer able to wipe my own ĂĄrse). Truth is, watching my team win does things for me that no woman can. If push comes to shove and I’m horny, I can always have a wĂĄnk.

Barrow can fĂșck off. I’ve been all over the country and beyond to watch my team, but frankly I just don’t have the stomach to visit any town which makes Scunthorpe look like fĂșcking St. Tropez.

Dad, you can fĂșck off. This is your fault. Your idea. You introduced me to this shower of shĂ­t. “Come with me to Blundell Park”, you said, “Come and support the boys”. What could I do? I was fĂșcking four, what choice did I have? Why not get me hooked on Heroin whilst you were at it? I could have gone with mum shopping for bras and knickers at British Home Stores, but no, you knew best.

Granted, I’d have probably grown up a homosexual but surely even being simultaneously bĂșggered two guys named Seth and Quentin couldn’t hurt like this.

Seeing as we’re on the subject of homosexuality, Gok Wan can fĂșck off. No particular reason, I just plain don’t like the annoying, goggle-eyed cĂșnt.

The F.A. can fĂșck off. Not for supplying us, week-in, week- out, with inept referee after inept referee, but for imposing sensible financial rules on all clubs in League Two. How many clubs in this division have been into administration this season? Not one. How many points deducted? Not one. How the fĂșck else are we supposed to avoid relegation – footballing merit? We didn’t have to last season, so why spoil the fun now?

My local pizza shop can fĂșck off. I ordered a 12” Pepperoni over an hour ago, and where the fĂșck is it? Are they trying to fĂșcking fly it to me or something?

Sky Sports can fĂșck off. Nothing personal, but there’ll be little need for me next season with no Town to be found anywhere. Ooh, Bolton versus Wolves, LIVE. I think I’ll pass...

The radio can fĂșck off. On my way home from the match, whilst driving down the M180, I caught three completely separate stations playing ‘Down’ by Jay Sean at the exact same fĂșcking time. The song’s the best part of a year old, how the fĂșck does that happen by coincidence!?

My nan’s old lucky Buddha that used to sit in her front room can fĂșck off. When I was a kid I held it in my hands and wished for Town to be in the Premier League. I meant the proper one you fat cĂșnt, not the one occupied by Histon, Eastbourne and for fĂșck’s sake, Ebbsfleet, wherever that is.

Tonight can fĂșck off. I’ve had enough of trying to cope with my emotions; the time has come for oblivion. I haven’t kept any booze in the house since an occasion known only as ‘That Night’ by myself and the missus, but suffice to say that the toilet duck and luminous blue mouthwash are looking like stronger propositions by the minute.

Most of all though, the last 10 years can fĂșck off. In that time I’ve watched my team fall from the top of the Championship into non-league nothingness. We’ve gone from one great big fĂșck up to the next without even coming up for air, and today is just the big, fĂșck off cherry on top.

One thing I’m sure of though is that we WILL be back. When it comes down to it, a football club is basically just a set of supporters, and frankly what I’ve learned in the last few years is that this one has some of the best. We’ve had to put up with some shĂ­t, haven’t we boys, but in spite of all of that the future is still bright – it’s fĂșcking black and white.

Grimsby ‘til I die...

another class post by poojah,ive just got into work and started to read fishy as i couldnt face it yesterday,i was in stitches reading this, its made my day, thanks for the cracking post

Grimsby and proud!
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 124
Spiritater
April 18, 2010, 6:38am
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.02
Approval: +138
Quoted from Poojah

He no longer has a face.

Grimsby ‘til I die...

Summed up all my feelings 2 years ago........and every day since.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 124
thornemariner
April 18, 2010, 7:57am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.12
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +596
Gold Stars: 22
Quoted from Alfie

Not at all, mate.

We'll be back.

With you there fella. I left at 3 0. I couldn't bear to be there at the final whistle. Its the hammer blows after brief windows of optimism that  wear you down. I'll be back next season though. As you say, any small success would be celebrated now.
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 124
NorfolkImp
April 18, 2010, 8:25am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.49
Rep Score: +10 / -10
Approval: -493
Gold Stars: 11
Quoted from 75

This is where you dig deep mate, your strength of character will be tested like never before. Big fish in a small pond, literally, from August, so sleeves up for the battle ahead - there is no other option!

Private Message
Reply: 45 - 124
TUFC
April 18, 2010, 11:17am
Coke Drinker
Brilliantly put,

You know you hope when this happens some other poxy club goes bust so yours can stay up. Tonight for the first time I'm hoping it for another club other than my own. I hope for poojah's sake and PARTICULARLY for everyone that knows him or indeed comes within one mile of him it happens.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 124
porkies
April 18, 2010, 11:56am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.35
Rep Score: +2 / -1
Perhaps a man who prefers watching a bunch of blokes in shorts running round a field  to making love to a woman has more in common with Gok Wan than he cares to admit???
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 124
laitey
April 18, 2010, 12:26pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 0.20
Rep Score: +12 / -7
great post poojah i for one think we should start singing poojah is are leader nanana then intercourse of fenty,intercourse off fenty at the barnet game

btw to top of yersterday i lost my wallet with ÂŁ90 + in and my ST so i had to pay for yesterday full price (didnt have a voucher) i will also be using a voucher for the barnet game

People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 48 - 124
RoboCod
April 18, 2010, 12:39pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +70 / -19
Approval: +7,505
Great post. As someone who found the original Poojah post pretty good but surprised at the world wide attention it received, I must say this one is a million times better. Better because unlike the last funny-cos-its-true post, this one shows genuine hurt. Shouting, swearing, protesting...all pointless now. Just curling up in a ball and being left alone is the only way out  

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 49 - 124
BAFCFan
April 18, 2010, 1:31pm
Coke Drinker
You, my friend, are a legend. I really hope you get back in the league soon, so good luck for next season.

Created a Facebook group for you

http://www.facebook.com/group......065117259&ref=nf
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 50 - 124
GTFC Mike
April 18, 2010, 1:33pm

UTM
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Great post, Poojah for manager!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 51 - 124
JonnyK
April 18, 2010, 4:57pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.06
Rep Score: +1 / -1
Approval: +18
I love this, love Poojah, and although you don't like the fame you've unintentionally earnt yourself, if you make yourself known you've definitely got a pint on me.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 52 - 124
grimsby pete
April 18, 2010, 5:20pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.83
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,753
Gold Stars: 221
Another classic post poorjah,

BUT I do wish you did not swear so flipping much

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 53 - 124
DJ Mera
April 18, 2010, 5:44pm
Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.12
Rep Score: +18 / 0
Approval: +1
Poojah mate your words have brightened up what as been a excrement weekend - you encapsulated my feelings  totally - and as you say WE WILL BE BACK UTM - and intercourse OFF sCUNThorpe and the rest of you gloating illegitimates.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 54 - 124
Northern Monkey
April 18, 2010, 6:55pm

Coke Drinker
From a Shots fan looking in.....

We REALLY DO know how your feeling.. in fact we had it much worse.
You will be back and maybe you will benefit from a season or 2 in the conference. And the best part will be winning loads of games being promoted  

But it really is a classic post, been link to shotsweb.

Good luck next season.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 55 - 124
lamentabull
April 18, 2010, 7:12pm
Coke Drinker
Sorry guys, met a few of yours in the Barrels in Hereford and they were OK. The conference fans can be a right laugh, and you'll be a big (ish) team next season. Honestly, a winter tuesday night in Ebbsfleet can be a cracking laugh. Eventually. Promise. Good luck-maybe see youse in the FA cup next season.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 56 - 124
NAT
April 18, 2010, 9:29pm
Coke Drinker
poojah you are a flipping god
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 57 - 124
Mariner Tim
April 18, 2010, 10:36pm

Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.08
Post is on Shrewsburys blue & Amber board already

Up The Mariners
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 58 - 124
Redneck
April 18, 2010, 10:56pm
Coke Drinker
Classic post

..sincere commiserations from North Carolina (via the onevalefan site). You'll be back.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 59 - 124
EbbsfleetJoe
April 18, 2010, 11:48pm
Coke Drinker
Top post!

You'll be visiting some bad grounds, but you'll also be visiting some good grounds.

Barrow, Hayes and Yeading, Histon and Tamworth are possibly the worst grounds.
Then depending on who goes down and stays up, Gateshead, Us, and Eastbourne aren't good grounds either, ours is good if you get us in the Summer though.

''Wherever the intercourse Ebbsfleet is''
- North Kent.

It's a tough League, so you best be prepared to be staying down here for a while. Not many teams who come down, go straight back up.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 60 - 124
Marinerz93
April 19, 2010, 12:34am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from EbbsfleetJoe
Top post!

You'll be visiting some bad grounds, but you'll also be visiting some good grounds.

Barrow, Hayes and Yeading, Histon and Tamworth are possibly the worst grounds.
Then depending on who goes down and stays up, Gateshead, Us, and Eastbourne aren't good grounds either, ours is good if you get us in the Summer though.

''Wherever the intercourse Ebbsfleet is''
- North Kent.

It's a tough League, so you best be prepared to be staying down here for a while. Not many teams who come down, go straight back up.

Were not expecting to go straight up Joe, our leader has seen us drop like a stone and we have become a poor poor side that needs a lot of work. We know what to expect from some non league grounds, Daggers & Morecambe to name but two. It's been 10 seasons of decline for us and hopefully we will be able to buy or bring in the type of players that will (1) see us compete and finish in a respectable position and (2) build a squad that will get us promoted in 3-5 seasons.

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 61 - 124
gobby
April 19, 2010, 7:12am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.76
Rep Score: +31 / -1
Approval: +767
Gold Stars: 7
Good post, but what if that miracle happens and we stay up I do hope you have another rant prepared if the   impossible happens?
UTMM

The Icenian Predicition League  CHAMPION 2016/17
Beat The Clock Champion 2020/21 🏆 👏

My old man said follow the Town
And dont dilly dally on the way
We'll take Scunny in half a minute
We'll take Lincoln and all thats in it!

One Step Beyond.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 62 - 124
Fishbone
April 19, 2010, 2:27pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.04
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +172
Gold Stars: 1
Poojah, thanks for summing up how many of us feel and for taking the edge of this sorry mess with your gallows and then some 'humour'/post mortem. Morepeople like you involved in the club and we wouldn't be in this mess.
Thanks fella - chin up!
UTFM!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 63 - 124
jerseymariner
April 19, 2010, 2:57pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.05
Approval: +6
Yes Poojah!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 64 - 124
Ravabelli
April 19, 2010, 5:58pm
Coke Drinker
Great stuff.

Not trying to trump your 'existential angst' but believe me we've had it a lot worse over Newport County over the last few decades and we are dead pleased to be playing at last as high(!) as the Conference Premier next season. Though we all want to get back to league there is a good atmosphere in non-league and supporters have less restrictions imposed on them. Last time I was at a conference game I recall having a pint watching from almost the touchline, something impossible then in league. Gave the linesman some abuse about what his wife may be doing that afternoon and he gave me immediate shyt back, then talked to me about what I thought was a dodgy decision afterwards in the Club.

Enjoy it. For us it'll be great playing teams like yours again. I'll feck off now.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 65 - 124
EbbsfleetJoe
April 19, 2010, 6:09pm
Coke Drinker
Yeah, that's fair enough.
If it wasn't for Luton's sudden turn in form, they'd be struggling to get play-offs. Chester have just gone further down, Wrexham, Mansfield, Rushden, Cambridge and Oxford have failed to go back up. This League gets stronger and stronger each year, and bigger clubs are dropping down, making it harder for little clubs like us. I just hope we'll be here next season, Grimsby could be a good day out.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 66 - 124
Germane Host
April 19, 2010, 9:26pm
Coke Drinker
Rep Score: +1 / -1
Legend.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 67 - 124
MFC Bol
April 19, 2010, 9:52pm
Coke Drinker
You are what football is all about. So flipping what, that we support excrement football teams, our support is real support, keep the faith, and good luck.
Bob the Millwall fan.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 68 - 124
supertown
April 19, 2010, 10:16pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.90
Rep Score: +25 / -9
Approval: +3,415
Gold Stars: 53
this is as good as the original. Brill
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 69 - 124
alvinghammariner
April 19, 2010, 10:19pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 0.50
Rep Score: +32 / -7
Approval: +114
Best rant yet, all hail Poojah.

Now based in reading, do I class as an exile yet?
http://twitter.com/#!/HenryBarber
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 70 - 124
cafc addick
April 19, 2010, 10:52pm
Coke Drinker
Quoted from Poojah

He no longer has a face.

Grimsby ‘til I die...

absolute quailty poojah we know how you feel good luck for next season
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 71 - 124
cafc addick
April 19, 2010, 10:54pm
Coke Drinker
great post poojah we know where your coming from , good luck next season
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 72 - 124
CairnsMariner
April 20, 2010, 4:12am

Lager Top Drinker
Rep Score: +9 / -1
Approval: +21
Quoted from Ravabelli
Great stuff.

Not trying to trump your 'existential angst' but believe me we've had it a lot worse over Newport County over the last few decades and we are dead pleased to be playing at last as high(!) as the Conference Premier next season. Though we all want to get back to league there is a good atmosphere in non-league and supporters have less restrictions imposed on them. Last time I was at a conference game I recall having a pint watching from almost the touchline, something impossible then in league. Gave the linesman some abuse about what his wife may be doing that afternoon and he gave me immediate shyt back, then talked to me about what I thought was a dodgy decision afterwards in the Club.

Enjoy it. For us it'll be great playing teams like yours again. I'll feck off now.

Love the original post...

But seeing a comment from Newport County really made me smile. Remember seeing Town play Newport in the late 70s - stood with my dad, freezing cold in one of the corners. Some of my fondest footballing memories come from that era. Never thougt I'd be thinking forward to playing them again after they disappeared.

Great to see real supporters from so many clubs respond to this post though. Reminds me that football isn't really about Old Trafford and the Premier League and all that but about local people going to watch their local team - wherever they are. I used to sell fish to a couple of Londoners who retired up to the Derbyshire Dales. They were hooked on going to see Matlock Town, home and away - loved the friendly footballing experience of the lower leagues.

Not that I'm longing to visit Newport or Ebbsfleet or anything. But I keep wishing for a miracle, that almost certainly isn't going to happen, when it is probably better to accept where we are and where we are going and to make the most of the ride. You never know, we might enjoy it....

There's a crooked street in Grimsby Town
It's a well worn path I've travelled down
Now there's ruin in my name, I wish i'd never got off the train
And I wish I'd listened to the words you said....
...Don't go down to Freeman Street
Don't go down to Freeman Street
You'll be lost and never found
You can never turn around
Don't go down to Freeman Street

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 73 - 124
masujopa
April 20, 2010, 7:47am
Coke Drinker
That is what football is all about, top post fella.

I just had to register and say that.

Good luck next season all you Grimsby fans.  Keep the faith.

From Mark (aka Stockport Ram) - the worst ever premiership team!

Give me 3rd division days in the mid eighties, at Somerton Park, or Sincil Bank over posh shiny prem stadia any day.  Proper football.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 74 - 124
j4cka
April 20, 2010, 8:11am
Coke Drinker

Swansea fan here,first of all TOP MAN POOJAR!!!!!!!!!

His now legendry post about his excrement team was fantastic,but his latest rant of your temporary exit from the League is the best thing I have ever read about football,absolutely fantastic!

It sums up every TRUE football fan who eats, shits,and  loves his own beloved club.

Me,as a Swans fan nearly was POOJAR a few years ago,when we almost went out of The League,when we had to beat Hull on the last game of the season,thank intercourse we managed to win.

But I will never forget that feeling of impending doom that I had for a whole week before THAT game.

We won it 4-2, fortune smiled on us,unlike your good selves.

Our club was nearly lost to us when it was sold for  ÂŁ1 to a conning Aussie businessman c***t.
We as fans, all came together to form a supporters trust,and managed to pay the conning c***t ÂŁ20,000 to intercourse off!

The rest,as they say his history.Come on you Mariners! If you all stick together,anything is possible.

There's another Bill Shankly out there waiting to take you Fishies upstream again.

TO THE WORLD intercourse OFF.
TO THE MARINERS,GET BACK IN THERE!!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 75 - 124
Graham S
April 20, 2010, 10:53am
Coke Drinker
Haha.

You might not know where the feck we are, but we love this on the Ebbsfleet forum http://www.eufcforum.com/forum/topic/a-fans-view-on-grimsby-looking-certain-to-come-down.

Also heartened by your assumption that you'll be playing us next season as we have relegation worries of our own, but a few hundred of us will be travelling to Tamworth on Saturday, full of hope for the victory that could yet save us.

We used to be Gravesend & Northfleet.  Changed name 3 years ago to "take advantage of the  proposed business development" round the new International station.  Then the recession came along ......  We are still sponsored by Eurostar & owned by an online community called MyFC http://www.myfootballclub.co.uk but that's another story.  We won the FA Trophy in 2008, in happier more prosperous times.

Despite the fact you've probably already told me what to do with my reply, you will be a very welcome visitor to Stonebridge Road next season  - should we survive.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 76 - 124
Blue
April 20, 2010, 5:25pm
Coke Drinker

I'm sure I speak for most of the 50,000 readers of this rant when I say that it sums up the emotions we football fans experience supporting ordinary (or worse) football clubs. All real fans (all but the supporters of manu, chelski, arsenal and liverpool that is) know exactly where you are coming from.

Had to register just to say this.

Wonder how many of the 50,000 and all those who have read this rant on their own club's message-boards will now be following the results of Grimsby hoping that they can get out of the Conference next year.  I know I will and I'd bet 100,000s of others will too.

Come on you, Mariners!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 77 - 124
grimsby away
April 20, 2010, 8:04pm
Coke Drinker
I'm a long suffering Palace fan,and i promise you i have nothing but sympathy for your plight.
As my user name indicates, i was a frequent visiter your ground a few years back, and always enjoyed our nights out in Cleethorps.
I truly hope and believe i will get to enjoy games between our to clubs in the not to distant future.
Oh yes, while i'm here,i'm also a regular visiter to Eastbourne boro as they are just up the road from me,and honestly the standard is pretty good,
last season the hammered Torquay 4-1, so don't think that the BSP is not competetive.

Anyway good luck to you all,and a big thumbs up to you who haven't bought into the Sky premier league hype.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 78 - 124
grovesy
April 21, 2010, 12:04am
Coke Drinker
Another Palace fan...

Must admit that I would have been otherwise indifferent to your plight but am now right behind you, will be looking out for your scores next year and hope you bounce right back.

That is a top thread by a proper football fan and is somthing the skysports generation could never understand - as you allude to in your thread.....

I only hope I don't feel the same way in a couple of weeks, nor my son in 20 years time - who is 3 and I took to his 1st Palace game only a month ago!!

Come on the Grimsby!!!!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 79 - 124
xploreowl
April 21, 2010, 6:09pm
Coke Drinker
Quoted from Poojah

He no longer has a face.

Grimsby ‘til I die...

Wednesday fan in peace, What a quality posting just about sums up how the majority of fans feel these days apart from the Grimsby till i die bit.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 80 - 124
Bratfud
April 21, 2010, 7:52pm
Coke Drinker
Bradford fan in piece,

Before you tell me to f**k off, I have to say Poojah that you have summed up the feelings of many fans out there in lower league football.  I will miss your fans not coming to Valley Parade next season as you always get me smiling when your chanting “We only sing when we’re fishing”.

Best of luck for next season, at least your going to be the biggest fish in the non-league pond.

Finally, at least you have not got the mercenary Conlon draining your budget.  How that man continually gets contracts I will never know.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 81 - 124
Lord Sommet
April 21, 2010, 9:34pm
Never Forgive, Never Forget
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.37
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: -1
Featured on a sunderland site:
http://salutsunderland.footballunited.com/2010/04/the-sinking-of-grimsby-town-poojahs-polemic/?

Which was a link from the newsnow network so no doubt the GET will be publishing it (given its on newsnow today) in about 2 weeks time.
Private Message
Reply: 82 - 124
salut
April 21, 2010, 9:42pm
Coke Drinker
Salut! Sunderland was delighted to reproduce it - with the retrospective consent of The Fishy.

One of our fans has called it a contender for "greatest rant of all time"

I/we wish GT well - and a speedy return, with poor old Darlo.

[url]
http://salutsunderland.FootballUNITED.com/2010/04/the-sinking-of-grimsby-town-poojahs-polemic/[/url]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 83 - 124
West End Saint
April 22, 2010, 10:35am
Coke Drinker
Cracking post made me laugh all REAL Football fans have felt like this.

As a Saints fan we had some very dark days a year ago but now the future is bright in red & white keep the faith you will be back.

Good Luck from Southampton
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 84 - 124
wycombe fan
April 22, 2010, 9:04pm
Coke Drinker
hi, Wycombe fan here ...  just wanted to say that was brilliant! really made me laugh ( especially the buddha bit) someone stuck the link on the Wycombe site and we all loved it !
Poojah you should be running for PM !
all the best Grimsby, i actually really do hope you come straight back up..

p.s. someone should stick that on facebook and see how many fans you get.. loads i bet !!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 85 - 124
RonMariner
April 23, 2010, 11:51am

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.39
Rep Score: +42 / -7
Approval: +13,010
Gold Stars: 216
It's great to see the messages of support from fans of other clubs. Seems that plenty of true fans have a soft spot for us and wish us well.

Poojah and his rants have done more to promote positive vibes about Grimsby Town than Fenty, Woods, the players and everyone else connected with the club put together.

I thought his previous rant was a one off, but to top it with this stupendous effort is incredible.

Sad that it was necessary though. But with Woods in charge I fear there may be a few more to come........
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 86 - 124
stokie
April 23, 2010, 2:31pm
Coke Drinker
Haha quality first post, that is wgat its all about, supporting your team through thick and thin (through thin and thinner in your case)

good luck on getting back into the league

at the moment im loving life in the prem but in a perverse kind of way im missing the lower divisions football

stoke til i die
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 87 - 124
Andy_Lochhhead_in_the_air
April 24, 2010, 6:21pm
Coke Drinker
Villa fan here,a thread on poojahs rant has been opened our boards.
http://www.heroesandvillains.info/discuss/viewtopic.php?t=38271
May i just say poojah if it doesnt clash with a villa game next season,im going to Tamworth v Grimsby at the Lamb.I would consider it a privilege to be able to stand in the car park outside and have you scream in my face at the top of your voice "intercourse off"! In response I would shake your hand and buy you a pint.You are truly a supporter of the highest calibre and Grimsby Town have gone right up in my estimation.By that I mean the fans,by your own admission the team at present sounds truly shite.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 88 - 124
happyfornow
April 24, 2010, 6:54pm
Coke Drinker
blackpool fan in peace. brill article poojah wish i was so literate.. but do not despair, ive been there, well nearly, and look at us now! the bast-rd is in 2 or 3 years we could change places but at least mindless hope is eternal. fu-k us all
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 89 - 124
Southfields_Mariner
April 24, 2010, 8:00pm
Coke Drinker
Much of what I am writing has alerady been said. I'm a lifelong GTFC fan now exiled in London. Watching my teams fall from grace over the last 10 years (normally at distance and only occassionaly in person) has been painful. In fact of late it has only been Poojahs rants that have made me smile.

Its been great to see supporters of other teams post on here. We appreciate your support to.

And to Poojah - another great post. If I ever bump into you in a pub it would be my pleasure to buy you a pint.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 90 - 124
topuphere666
April 24, 2010, 8:38pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.19
Rep Score: +24 / -7
Approval: +1,843
Gold Stars: 3
poojah would be killed with all these offers of beer
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 91 - 124
Green27
April 24, 2010, 10:46pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.92
Rep Score: +15 / -6
Approval: +888
Gold Stars: 12
Quoted from topuphere666
poojah would be killed with all these offers of beer

I'm going to get Poojah on the back of my shirt. I'm sure he doesn't mind sharing these pints out.  

We do the DN35 Podcast
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 92 - 124
mariner91
April 25, 2010, 9:30am
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from Green27

I'm going to get Poojah on the back of my shirt. I'm sure he doesn't mind sharing these pints out.  

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 93 - 124
Well_till_i_die
April 25, 2010, 6:33pm
Coke Drinker
Motherwell fan here...

We currently compete in the spl which is basically as non league as it gets, so much of what you said poojah struck home motherwell as club are always operating on the basis that it will only take one season of relegation to be the final nail in the coffin to our wee club which we love so dearly.

This thread reminds me off the season when we were a dead cert for relegation and our then manager Alex Mcleish resigned to take up the post off fellow relegation candidates hibs.

The sinking feeling that came when he left after the season before having split the old firm for the first time in god knows when, to then be left high and dry .....

So i have to say alex mcleish can intercourse OFF as they went down that year and we stayed up mon the fishies for next year i'll be looking out all the best!!!!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 94 - 124
TheDoc
April 26, 2010, 8:02am
Coke Drinker
Just curious, but can't you still make it being in the league? I mean, if Barnet loose against Accrington, and you beat Barnet on saturday, you will only be one point behind? And in the last round, Barnet meets Rochdale, and you meet Burton, so the miracle can happen, and Poojah can be glad then?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 95 - 124
mariner91
April 26, 2010, 10:17am
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from TheDoc
Just curious, but can't you still make it being in the league? I mean, if Barnet loose against Accrington, and you beat Barnet on saturday, you will only be one point behind? And in the last round, Barnet meets Rochdale, and you meet Burton, so the miracle can happen, and Poojah can be glad then?

Its not impossible, just unlikely. You see our players would have to grow balls for two very important matches plus we need Accy to do us a favour.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 96 - 124
forza ivano
April 26, 2010, 10:18am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.47
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,140
Gold Stars: 265
yes we can doc, but there are a lot of 'ifs' in there and you haven't factored in gtfc's supreme ability in being able to cok things up

poojah's face book page now has over 350 fans! it's under poojah the grimsby fan if anyone's interested
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 97 - 124
TomKelly
April 26, 2010, 12:53pm

Coke Drinker
Rep Score: +1 / -2
Great Post Poojah  

Football Is'nt Just A Game It's A Religion  

Utm!!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 98 - 124
Claretsmad
April 26, 2010, 2:09pm
Coke Drinker
Another brilliant post from poojah, I thought the first was epic but this just tops it.
As a Burnley fan we've been through it all but never dropped into non-league so I can't think how your feeling.
Relegation feels like a kick square in the balls to me. Absolutely sickening.
Hope you's bounce back. ATB

UTC  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 99 - 124
Green27
April 26, 2010, 4:05pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.92
Rep Score: +15 / -6
Approval: +888
Gold Stars: 12
Quoted from Claretsmad
Another brilliant post from poojah, I thought the first was epic but this just tops it.
As a Burnley fan we've been through it all but never dropped into non-league so I can't think how your feeling.
Relegation feels like a kick square in the balls to me. Absolutely sickening.
Hope you's bounce back. ATB

UTC  

It's what happens when you get Brian Laws as a boss.

We do the DN35 Podcast
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 100 - 124
TheDoc
April 28, 2010, 7:04pm
Coke Drinker
Come on lads, now you're 'only' going to beat Barnet on saturday! I'll be cheering you, that's for sure!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 101 - 124
Marinerdan
April 28, 2010, 7:21pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.23
Rep Score: +15 / -1
Approval: +968
Gold Stars: 17
122,000 views! Just to put it in perspective thats enough people to fill Stamford Bridge three times!

Well done Poojah!

UTM

UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 102 - 124
gunner2474life
April 30, 2010, 10:51am
Coke Drinker
great post. i feel your hurt. thats what it means to be a real fan, no matter who you support. good luck for next season.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 103 - 124
frankfurt gull
April 30, 2010, 11:48am
Coke Drinker
best of luck against barnet tomorrow! now that torquay are safe I will be following the text of your game live. my tip 2-0 for grimsby
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 104 - 124
natjpeters
April 30, 2010, 10:50pm
Coke Drinker
Quoted from Well_till_i_die
Motherwell fan here...

We currently compete in the spl which is basically as non league as it gets, so much of what you said poojah struck home motherwell as club are always operating on the basis that it will only take one season of relegation to be the final nail in the coffin to our wee club which we love so dearly.

This thread reminds me off the season when we were a dead cert for relegation and our then manager Alex Mcleish resigned to take up the post off fellow relegation candidates hibs.

The sinking feeling that came when he left after the season before having split the old firm for the first time in god knows when, to then be left high and dry .....

So i have to say alex mcleish can intercourse OFF as they went down that year and we stayed up mon the fishies for next year i'll be looking out all the best!!!!!

As a Birmingham fan, all I can say is:

"Alex McLeish is an intercoursing genius!"

Best Manager I've ever seen at my club
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 105 - 124
Northy69er
May 1, 2010, 10:03am

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.13
Rep Score: +4 / -4

12th March 2011 - The day I realised we would be a Non League club for a minimum 2 seasons!!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 106 - 124
masujopa
May 2, 2010, 8:41am
Coke Drinker
As I said when I posted my original support Poojah,....Keep the faith!!

This lifelong Ram has never wanted Burton Albion to lose before.  Good luck you Mariners.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 107 - 124
Metro NYC
May 2, 2010, 9:00pm
Coke Drinker
Cheers to you poojah, for quite possibly the greatest football rant of all time.

My club is New York Red Bulls, the red-headed illegitimate step child of MLS.  We are and have been a gigantic case study in how to fuck up running a football club.  We won a grand total of 5 matches last year.  5.  We are named after a motherfucking energy drink, and our crest is nearly the same as on the can.  Our security stewards have gotten away with racism and assault on our own fans, we've been third tenants playing on a plastic pitch with gridiron lines on it, we've had 13 coaches in 14 years, and we have zero championship trophies to our name.  The only thing we as fans have to hold on to, is that they are our disaster.  It's in my blood, and I can't quit my club, just can't.  It appears as if things have turned around for us now, and we have built a brand new ground on our sugar swilling overlords dime.  For once, we might not be excrement (we're 5-1), and just thumped the cousin fuckers of dc united.  I cannot say I know what it feels like to stare at relegation as it doesn't exist here.  If it did, we would've been relegated four times in our 14 year history.  But I'm pulling for you and Grimsby to stay up in league football.  

Good luck to all of you, and I hope you take over the Pirelli Stadium.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 108 - 124
axfaxf
May 4, 2010, 10:34am
Coke Drinker
Registered after I got linked to this thread from a danish pokerforum(?).

Just to say : What a great read.Please never stop ranting.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 109 - 124
RonMariner
May 4, 2010, 1:38pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.39
Rep Score: +42 / -7
Approval: +13,010
Gold Stars: 216
Quoted from frankfurt gull
best of luck against barnet tomorrow! now that torquay are safe I will be following the text of your game live. my tip 2-0 for grimsby

Spot on.

Now what is your tip for Saturday? Please say Grimsby win 2-0, and Rochdale win 2-0!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 110 - 124
JazzMariner
May 5, 2010, 11:43am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.40
Rep Score: +8 / -6
Quoted from Metro NYC
Cheers to you poojah, for quite possibly the greatest football rant of all time.

My club is New York Red Bulls, the red-headed illegitimate step child of MLS.  We are and have been a gigantic case study in how to fuck up running a football club.  We won a grand total of 5 matches last year.  5.  We are named after a motherfucking energy drink, and our crest is nearly the same as on the can.  Our security stewards have gotten away with racism and assault on our own fans, we've been third tenants playing on a plastic pitch with gridiron lines on it, we've had 13 coaches in 14 years, and we have zero championship trophies to our name.  The only thing we as fans have to hold on to, is that they are our disaster.  It's in my blood, and I can't quit my club, just can't.  It appears as if things have turned around for us now, and we have built a brand new ground on our sugar swilling overlords dime.  For once, we might not be excrement (we're 5-1), and just thumped the cousin fuckers of dc united.  I cannot say I know what it feels like to stare at relegation as it doesn't exist here.  If it did, we would've been relegated four times in our 14 year history.  But I'm pulling for you and Grimsby to stay up in league football.  

Good luck to all of you, and I hope you take over the Pirelli Stadium.
You make supporting GTFC sound like a walk in the park!! . Good luck to your team as well.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 111 - 124
GtfcGarner
May 9, 2010, 8:24pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.43
Rep Score: +31 / -13
Approval: +1,788
Gold Stars: 26
The thread just blew my mind off everything else, how much this club means to the loyal fans who follow them everywhere up the country - im 14 still in school most of my friends support prem clubs because of success when they have never ever been to see there team play - says alot about passion. we don't deserve to be where we are now. Personally i think we will bounce back within 2 years if we get rid of players who just play football as a job - Next year we will be back to winning ways.
---------------------
UP THE MARINERS!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 112 - 124
ElkingtonMariner
May 11, 2010, 10:21pm

Down but not out
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Rep Score: +2 / -2
go on poojah

Been a mariner for 11 years and im not stopping now
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 113 - 124
ElkingtonMariner
May 11, 2010, 10:21pm

Down but not out
Beer Drinker
go on poojah

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 114 - 124
Yiddo
May 13, 2010, 1:02pm
Coke Drinker
Non-Plastic Spurs fan in peace. (Like poojah my dad took me down the lane when i was 4 - you don't get much choice in who you end up supporting)

Went to your ground in the 80's for a cup match. Had to join in with the "Sing while your fishing chants", but it was a good night (for us since we won 3-0) and your fans were very welcoming in the pubs before and after the game.

Sad to see you guys go, wish you luck next year
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 115 - 124
ollythemariner123
May 14, 2010, 11:41am
Snakebite drinker
great post
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 116 - 124
Devitts front teeth.
May 15, 2010, 2:48pm
Coke Drinker
brilliant post.

So many memories, so many more to come.
UTM! <*((((><
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 117 - 124
rigsby
May 15, 2010, 10:26pm
Coke Drinker
quality post poojah , have not laughed so much in a long time. Definatley the funniest post i have ever read on a footy forum

i doubt it that you could beat this , a very high standard you have set yourself

hilarious , cant wait for your next gem  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 118 - 124
ClarkeEccles7475
May 16, 2010, 1:26pm
Coke Drinker
Welcome to the shithole that is the Blue Square Premier League, i'ts a flipping excrement League thats near impossible to get out of, just ask the likes of Oxford, Luton, Cambridge, York, Wrexham, Kidderminster, Rushden and my club Mansfield Town. The people that run it couldn't organise an alcholics day out at a brewery and will dock your club points if you breath to heavily. Some of the craphole grounds you will go to on your travels will make your place look like Wembly Stadium, and the standard of match officials, well pathetic would be an understatement. But all the best anyway.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 119 - 124
ElkingtonMariner
May 16, 2010, 1:34pm

Down but not out
Beer Drinker
poojah

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 120 - 124
bob s
May 22, 2010, 3:31am
Coke Drinker
poojah  

Oxford fan here.........jesus are we glad top be out of this nightmare of a league......BUT, you'll meet some nice people along the way....and you'll be experiencing experiences that you probably have'nt experienced before.  All is not lost....the cottage pie at Kidderminster is great, whilst Hayes and Yeading does'nt have much cover, so if it snows or rains, you'll either freeze your goolies off or get soaked....BUT again, nice friendly people there - if you can find it....hope this might cheer you up a little.

Good luck fella's.....and hope once you get over the shock of it all you'll be back where you belong! (it took us four years!)
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 121 - 124
dapperz fun pub
May 23, 2010, 1:51pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +9,719
Gold Stars: 81
Quoted from bob s
poojah  

Oxford fan here.........jesus are we glad top be out of this nightmare of a league......BUT, you'll meet some nice people along the way....and you'll be experiencing experiences that you probably have'nt experienced before.  All is not lost....the cottage pie at Kidderminster is great, whilst Hayes and Yeading does'nt have much cover, so if it snows or rains, you'll either freeze your goolies off or get soaked....BUT again, nice friendly people there - if you can find it....hope this might cheer you up a little.

Good luck fella's.....and hope once you get over the shock of it all you'll be back where you belong! (it took us four years!)

to be honest m8 all these weeks on i still havent come to terms with our situation and i fear it could well take us 4 years to get back and maybe more.i after say im not looking forward to anything about non league other than getting out of it.......good look to you next season,glad it was you lot who came up and not bit time luton
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 122 - 124
MarinersOnTheUp
June 23, 2013, 2:15pm
Lager Top Drinker
Rep Score: +22 / -2
Approval: +484
Quoted from dapperz fun pub

to be honest m8 all these weeks on i still havent come to terms with our situation and i fear it could well take us 4 years to get back and maybe more.i after say im not looking forward to anything about non league other than getting out of it.......good look to you next season,glad it was you lot who came up and not bit time luton

This is our 4th year down hear... hope you was right!

UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 123 - 124
supertown
June 23, 2013, 11:51pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.90
Rep Score: +25 / -9
Approval: +3,415
Gold Stars: 53
great to read this again. Ageless.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 124 - 124
13 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › World, fúck off

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.