13 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 Next All Recommend Thread
alvinghammariner
April 19, 2010, 10:19pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 0.50
Rep Score: +32 / -7
Approval: +114
Best rant yet, all hail Poojah.

Now based in reading, do I class as an exile yet?
http://twitter.com/#!/HenryBarber
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 70 - 124
cafc addick
April 19, 2010, 10:52pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.00
Quoted from Poojah
Now I’m as optimistic as anyone when it comes to this twĂĄt of a football club, but after this afternoon’s latest capitulation it’s time to wake up and smell the coffee – we’re fĂșcked. Down. Goners. Non-league. To be honest I didn’t know how it would affect me, it’s not like it hasn’t been coming, but tonight I just feel absolutely deflated. Absolutely fĂșcking devastated.

I can’t get away from these emotions, I just want the whole world to just fĂșck off and leave me alone. To help me come to terms with this whole mess, I’ve decided to compile a list of everyone and everything I want to fĂșck off most of all.

For starters, work can fĂșck off. If they think I’m going to be there on Monday morning they’ve got another thing coming. No way am I going in to spend time dealing with cĂșnts that I can barely stand being with when I’m in a good mood, let alone this crushing feeling of anger, frustration and outright metaphorical-kicked-in-the-bĂłllocks-ness.

Plastic Premier League fans can fĂșck off. I just spoke to my Manchester United supporting neighbour (who incidentally, has been to Old Trafford before – twice) about Town’s predicament. You know what he said? “I know how you feel; it’s like when we failed to win a trophy in ‘95”. NO IT FÚCKING WELL IS NOT!

He no longer has a face.

The girlfriend can definitely fĂșck off. Her best attempt at consolation – “I don’t know why you’re bothered; you knew they were shĂ­t anyway”. Yes love, but they’re MY shĂ­t team. They’ve been MINE for pretty much as long as I’ve been able to wipe my own ĂĄrse, and they’ll be MINE for as long as I’m alive (or at least, until I’m no longer able to wipe my own ĂĄrse). Truth is, watching my team win does things for me that no woman can. If push comes to shove and I’m horny, I can always have a wĂĄnk.

Barrow can fĂșck off. I’ve been all over the country and beyond to watch my team, but frankly I just don’t have the stomach to visit any town which makes Scunthorpe look like fĂșcking St. Tropez.

Dad, you can fĂșck off. This is your fault. Your idea. You introduced me to this shower of shĂ­t. “Come with me to Blundell Park”, you said, “Come and support the boys”. What could I do? I was fĂșcking four, what choice did I have? Why not get me hooked on Heroin whilst you were at it? I could have gone with mum shopping for bras and knickers at British Home Stores, but no, you knew best.

Granted, I’d have probably grown up a homosexual but surely even being simultaneously bĂșggered two guys named Seth and Quentin couldn’t hurt like this.

Seeing as we’re on the subject of homosexuality, Gok Wan can fĂșck off. No particular reason, I just plain don’t like the annoying, goggle-eyed cĂșnt.

The F.A. can fĂșck off. Not for supplying us, week-in, week- out, with inept referee after inept referee, but for imposing sensible financial rules on all clubs in League Two. How many clubs in this division have been into administration this season? Not one. How many points deducted? Not one. How the fĂșck else are we supposed to avoid relegation – footballing merit? We didn’t have to last season, so why spoil the fun now?

The World Cup can fĂșck off – I don’t care anymore.

My local pizza shop can fĂșck off. I ordered a 12” Pepperoni over an hour ago, and where the fĂșck is it? Are they trying to fĂșcking fly it to me or something?

Sky Sports can fĂșck off. Nothing personal, but there’ll be little need for me next season with no Town to be found anywhere. Ooh, Bolton versus Wolves, LIVE. I think I’ll pass...

The radio can fĂșck off. On my way home from the match, whilst driving down the M180, I caught three completely separate stations playing ‘Down’ by Jay Sean at the exact same fĂșcking time. The song’s the best part of a year old, how the fĂșck does that happen by coincidence!?

My nan’s old lucky Buddha that used to sit in her front room can fĂșck off. When I was a kid I held it in my hands and wished for Town to be in the Premier League. I meant the proper one you fat cĂșnt, not the one occupied by Histon, Eastbourne and for fĂșck’s sake, Ebbsfleet, wherever that is.

Tonight can fĂșck off. I’ve had enough of trying to cope with my emotions; the time has come for oblivion. I haven’t kept any booze in the house since an occasion known only as ‘That Night’ by myself and the missus, but suffice to say that the toilet duck and luminous blue mouthwash are looking like stronger propositions by the minute.

Most of all though, the last 10 years can fĂșck off. In that time I’ve watched my team fall from the top of the Championship into non-league nothingness. We’ve gone from one great big fĂșck up to the next without even coming up for air, and today is just the big, fĂșck off cherry on top.

One thing I’m sure of though is that we WILL be back. When it comes down to it, a football club is basically just a set of supporters, and frankly what I’ve learned in the last few years is that this one has some of the best. We’ve had to put up with some shĂ­t, haven’t we boys, but in spite of all of that the future is still bright – it’s fĂșcking black and white.

Grimsby ‘til I die...

absolute quailty poojah we know how you feel good luck for next season
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 71 - 124
cafc addick
April 19, 2010, 10:54pm
Coke Drinker
great post poojah we know where your coming from , good luck next season
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 72 - 124
CairnsMariner
April 20, 2010, 4:12am

Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +9 / -1
Approval: +21
Quoted from Ravabelli
Great stuff.

Not trying to trump your 'existential angst' but believe me we've had it a lot worse over Newport County over the last few decades and we are dead pleased to be playing at last as high(!) as the Conference Premier next season. Though we all want to get back to league there is a good atmosphere in non-league and supporters have less restrictions imposed on them. Last time I was at a conference game I recall having a pint watching from almost the touchline, something impossible then in league. Gave the linesman some abuse about what his wife may be doing that afternoon and he gave me immediate shyt back, then talked to me about what I thought was a dodgy decision afterwards in the Club.

Enjoy it. For us it'll be great playing teams like yours again. I'll feck off now.

Love the original post...

But seeing a comment from Newport County really made me smile. Remember seeing Town play Newport in the late 70s - stood with my dad, freezing cold in one of the corners. Some of my fondest footballing memories come from that era. Never thougt I'd be thinking forward to playing them again after they disappeared.

Great to see real supporters from so many clubs respond to this post though. Reminds me that football isn't really about Old Trafford and the Premier League and all that but about local people going to watch their local team - wherever they are. I used to sell fish to a couple of Londoners who retired up to the Derbyshire Dales. They were hooked on going to see Matlock Town, home and away - loved the friendly footballing experience of the lower leagues.

Not that I'm longing to visit Newport or Ebbsfleet or anything. But I keep wishing for a miracle, that almost certainly isn't going to happen, when it is probably better to accept where we are and where we are going and to make the most of the ride. You never know, we might enjoy it....

There's a crooked street in Grimsby Town
It's a well worn path I've travelled down
Now there's ruin in my name, I wish i'd never got off the train
And I wish I'd listened to the words you said....
...Don't go down to Freeman Street
Don't go down to Freeman Street
You'll be lost and never found
You can never turn around
Don't go down to Freeman Street

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 73 - 124
masujopa
April 20, 2010, 7:47am
Coke Drinker
That is what football is all about, top post fella.

I just had to register and say that.

Good luck next season all you Grimsby fans.  Keep the faith.

From Mark (aka Stockport Ram) - the worst ever premiership team!

Give me 3rd division days in the mid eighties, at Somerton Park, or Sincil Bank over posh shiny prem stadia any day.  Proper football.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 74 - 124
j4cka
April 20, 2010, 8:11am
Coke Drinker

Swansea fan here,first of all TOP MAN POOJAR!!!!!!!!!

His now legendry post about his excrement team was fantastic,but his latest rant of your temporary exit from the League is the best thing I have ever read about football,absolutely fantastic!

It sums up every TRUE football fan who eats, shits,and  loves his own beloved club.

Me,as a Swans fan nearly was POOJAR a few years ago,when we almost went out of The League,when we had to beat Hull on the last game of the season,thank intercourse we managed to win.

But I will never forget that feeling of impending doom that I had for a whole week before THAT game.

We won it 4-2, fortune smiled on us,unlike your good selves.

Our club was nearly lost to us when it was sold for  ÂŁ1 to a conning Aussie businessman c***t.
We as fans, all came together to form a supporters trust,and managed to pay the conning c***t ÂŁ20,000 to intercourse off!

The rest,as they say his history.Come on you Mariners! If you all stick together,anything is possible.

There's another Bill Shankly out there waiting to take you Fishies upstream again.

TO THE WORLD intercourse OFF.
TO THE MARINERS,GET BACK IN THERE!!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 75 - 124
Graham S
April 20, 2010, 10:53am
Coke Drinker
Haha.

You might not know where the feck we are, but we love this on the Ebbsfleet forum http://www.eufcforum.com/forum/topic/a-fans-view-on-grimsby-looking-certain-to-come-down.

Also heartened by your assumption that you'll be playing us next season as we have relegation worries of our own, but a few hundred of us will be travelling to Tamworth on Saturday, full of hope for the victory that could yet save us.

We used to be Gravesend & Northfleet.  Changed name 3 years ago to "take advantage of the  proposed business development" round the new International station.  Then the recession came along ......  We are still sponsored by Eurostar & owned by an online community called MyFC http://www.myfootballclub.co.uk but that's another story.  We won the FA Trophy in 2008, in happier more prosperous times.

Despite the fact you've probably already told me what to do with my reply, you will be a very welcome visitor to Stonebridge Road next season  - should we survive.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 76 - 124
Blue
April 20, 2010, 5:25pm
Coke Drinker

I'm sure I speak for most of the 50,000 readers of this rant when I say that it sums up the emotions we football fans experience supporting ordinary (or worse) football clubs. All real fans (all but the supporters of manu, chelski, arsenal and liverpool that is) know exactly where you are coming from.

Had to register just to say this.

Wonder how many of the 50,000 and all those who have read this rant on their own club's message-boards will now be following the results of Grimsby hoping that they can get out of the Conference next year.  I know I will and I'd bet 100,000s of others will too.

Come on you, Mariners!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 77 - 124
grimsby away
April 20, 2010, 8:04pm
Coke Drinker
I'm a long suffering Palace fan,and i promise you i have nothing but sympathy for your plight.
As my user name indicates, i was a frequent visiter your ground a few years back, and always enjoyed our nights out in Cleethorps.
I truly hope and believe i will get to enjoy games between our to clubs in the not to distant future.
Oh yes, while i'm here,i'm also a regular visiter to Eastbourne boro as they are just up the road from me,and honestly the standard is pretty good,
last season the hammered Torquay 4-1, so don't think that the BSP is not competetive.

Anyway good luck to you all,and a big thumbs up to you who haven't bought into the Sky premier league hype.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 78 - 124
grovesy
April 21, 2010, 12:04am
Coke Drinker
Another Palace fan...

Must admit that I would have been otherwise indifferent to your plight but am now right behind you, will be looking out for your scores next year and hope you bounce right back.

That is a top thread by a proper football fan and is somthing the skysports generation could never understand - as you allude to in your thread.....

I only hope I don't feel the same way in a couple of weeks, nor my son in 20 years time - who is 3 and I took to his 1st Palace game only a month ago!!

Come on the Grimsby!!!!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 79 - 124
13 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › World, fúck off

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.