5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 All Recommend Thread
we will return
December 22, 2012, 1:22pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.23
Rep Score: +19 / -1
Approval: +35
Quoted from cmackenzie4

Agree with this Aaron, But i am struggling to see were the goals would come from.

Their replacements for the next couple of games will probably be G Pearson and Colbeck, both capable of chipping in, just look back to the Mansfield game where they both got 2 each. And last week v Havant we easily scored 4, without either of them, I'm sure we'll cope.

UTM!
The Icenian Prediction League Winner 2013!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 44
Rodley Mariner
December 22, 2012, 1:22pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.36
Rep Score: +63 / -17
Approval: +13,279
Gold Stars: 185
I thought it was a very close game between two very decent teams. If we finish above Wrexham we'll probably win the title in my opinion. We seem to have the knack of beating the teams around us which is a fantastic habit to have. In terms of individuals I thought Nathan Pond was absolutely superb. He fills me with so much confidence and whilst we're very lucky to have three very good centre-backs I do think he's just that bit better than the other two. Fingers crossed for holding on to him.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 44
arryarryarry
December 22, 2012, 1:45pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,019
Gold Stars: 117
Quoted from Alfie
Wow, tense.
In truth, probably not our finest display. Lacked a cutting edge up until the goal. Wrexham overran us in midfield with their three well on top.

Absolutely superb ball to Aswad Thomas for the goal. He'd been having a shocker up until that but put a peach of a ball into Hannah who's always there and always dispatches us.

Pond was an absolute rock at the back with Miller fitting in seemlessly. McKeown dealt with a couple of dodgy pass backs but, despite pressure, didn't have to make a proper save. Hatton now established himself as first choice right back.

Going forward, as ever, the only concern and it's going to be a loooong couple of games until Ross is back. Cookie looked clumsy again today.

Neilson and Marshall okay in flits and starts with the former getting a great reception when he went off. Appreciated it clearly but, unfortunately, don't think we'll see him again. Shame as he showed glimpses and touches of brilliance again tonight.

Wrexham are a good team and will definitely make the play offs. Definitely deserved a point but when we've got a predator like Hannah in our team, it's always going to swing the pendulum in our favour.

Onwards and upwards. If anyone doubted our title credentials before that, they've just been well and truly silenced. GOING UP!

Agree with most of that apart from Hatton and Cook, Hatton showed again he is poor defensively getting caught several times out of position and he fell asleep for their best chance in the second half where they missed that far post cross.

Cook won virtually everything in the air.

Nielsen had probably his best game but not sure how much we will miss him as he does too much and often loses the ball.

Marshall played similar last night and had plenty of times to pass the ball off but ended up losing it.

Niven was absolutely woeful in the first half but improved in the second.

Overall not a great game but on the second half display we deserved the points.
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 44
moosey_club
December 22, 2012, 4:31pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.70
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,339
Gold Stars: 229
Quoted from Tinymariner
I watched it on tv and didn't think the ref was too bad. Only a couple of wrong decisions but that can be expected, as they are only human. He definitely was not incompetent.

4200 might well disagree Lol.

So from the armchair... how did it look?

What comments were made by the pundits and what was their overall opinions of the two teams?

Also who did they make MOM?

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLWL but not NLN 😁
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 44
mingster30
December 23, 2012, 3:29pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
Just a quick thanks to the guy who found my phone ,,,,,,really thought I,d never see it again ,,,,,,,,,who ever you are have a great Xmas and new year ,,,,UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 44
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just back

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.