5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
siy2k5
December 21, 2012, 10:37pm
Bite me!
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.86
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: -2
Shows just how important it is we sign Hannah. Ran his socks off the whole game, and chased everything...getting his reward with a good finish.

Pond also outstanding, although Miller slotted in as if he'd not been away so IMO his signature is less important, although would be delighted if he did sign.

Quoted from marinerian
If Newport win it b4 heir vist to BP, I will sit in The Osmond dressed as Little Bo-Peep for the match against them!  

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 44
barralad
December 21, 2012, 10:37pm
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.31
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,301
Gold Stars: 127
Quoted from Codswede
Everyone excellent, Niven quite awful IMO, but I allow that he may cause dizza to play a better game and Disley in this form is up there with any midfielder in the league!

Really? His distribution might not be top notch but the reason you notice it is because he is always in the position to win the ball.

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 44
Alfie
December 21, 2012, 10:38pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.67
Rep Score: +22 / -11
Approval: +159
Quoted from jimgtfc
I think its a good job Niven cant pass a ball, he wouldn't be at this level if he could. His positional sense and discipline are second to none, i lose count of the amount of times he breaks up the opposition. He made a great run tracking Cielslewics on the counter in the second half that potentially stopped them scoring. Worth his weight in gold imo.

First name on the teamsheet imo.
Without a doubt the most influential player in the side.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 44
93mariner
December 21, 2012, 10:43pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.00
A solid display which is the kind of display that wins you leagues. Pond was outstanding and I also thought Cook did well considering for a lot of the game he was chasing long ball after long ball which, against a solid team like Wrexham, is no easy task.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 44
Codswede
December 21, 2012, 10:44pm

Upper Findus
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.15
Rep Score: +6 / -2
Approval: +300
By the way: how many more times do we have to try that ground pass corner to the penalty spot before we score... Excellent movement.

ATAW
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 44
mingster30
December 21, 2012, 10:46pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
Just got back ,,,great result but one downer ,,,lost my phone in lower j smiths ,,,,,,,anyone find it ,,,,,,,it's a galaxy s3
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 44
Jarmo.Is.God
December 21, 2012, 10:46pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +6,050
Gold Stars: 86
i hate people saying niven is poor !! alot of people assume all midfielders are only good if they attack, will Niven is a great player, my MOTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 44
AndyGTFC
December 21, 2012, 10:47pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +23 / -2
Approval: +808
Gold Stars: 5
Fantastic win that could be vital to our season.

It was a very tight game with hardly any clear cut chances. For most of the game, we weren't quite firing going forward but we took the one chance we had and were fantastic throughout defensively. Pond was terrific and Miller would start for virtually any other side in this league.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 44
aaron rattray
December 21, 2012, 10:50pm
allright viewers?
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.23
Rep Score: +71 / -90
Approval: -4
It was frustrating i didn't think we would score but we did, Marshall neilson and cook tried to take too many people on and a pass would have been better, set peices poor tonight, and when the ball gets played across the face of goal i would like players trying to get a touch than just standing there

i am a season ticket holder and i always will be one  

"aaron is the next michael barrymore, hes a comedinan"

it is official, i am a comedian

]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 44
siy2k5
December 21, 2012, 10:50pm
Bite me!
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.86
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: -2
Quoted from Jarmo.Is.God
i hate people saying niven is poor !! alot of people assume all midfielders are only good if they attack, will Niven is a great player, my MOTM

This. He played a fantastic ball over the top for (I think) Thomas to run onto 2nd half. Also Aswad had a decent game IMO, put 2 fantastic crosses right on the money early on, and another for the goal.

Quoted from marinerian
If Newport win it b4 heir vist to BP, I will sit in The Osmond dressed as Little Bo-Peep for the match against them!  

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 44
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just back

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.