mariner91
April 20, 2024, 5:45pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,712
Gold Stars: 262
Quoted from pontoonlew
The first inquest needs to be on why Artell was allowed to get absolute dogs abuse from a big section of our fans yet not one of them mentioned the absolute excrement show Hurst left us.

The owners have taken some stick but well done to them for sticking with Artell and allowing him some time.

I don't think that's remotely true. There's plenty of posts on here and twitter discussing just how bad a situation Hurst left us in.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 159
Hagrid
April 20, 2024, 5:47pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,489
Gold Stars: 536
Quoted from pontoonlew
The first inquest needs to be on why Artell was allowed to get absolute dogs abuse from a big section of our fans yet not one of them mentioned the absolute excrement show Hurst left us.

The owners have taken some stick but well done to them for sticking with Artell and allowing him some time.

Lets not dress it up, he came in and made us worse. We all saw it, those home defeats to Walsall, Donny, out of other games after 20 minutes. Its only because the players went to him and said we cannot play this way that it changed

He’s ground out some results, but lets not kid ourselves here.

He deserves a summer ( I admit I wanted him gone after Donny) but Ive never seen a manager lose a fanbase so quickly. He has a lot to prove imo
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 159
pontoonlew
April 20, 2024, 5:47pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.01
Rep Score: +37 / -15
Approval: +9,090
Gold Stars: 178
Quoted from mariner91

I don't think that's remotely true. There's plenty of posts on here and twitter discussing just how bad a situation Hurst left us in.

The overwhelming majority of this board gave Artell stick, a portion of those gave him absolute dogs abuse for something that lied right at Hursts door.

Hurst was mentioned by some no doubt, but it was Artell who took the majority of the flack.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 159
Spidey
April 20, 2024, 5:48pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.09
Rep Score: +4 / 0
Approval: +385
Gold Stars: 4
On his post match interview DA said that he already knows who he wants to stay and go, and that they will be informed more or less straight after the Crawley game.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 159
pontoonlew
April 20, 2024, 5:50pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.01
Rep Score: +37 / -15
Approval: +9,090
Gold Stars: 178
Quoted from Hagrid

Lets not dress it up, he came in and made us worse. We all saw it, those home defeats to Walsall, Donny, out of other games after 20 minutes. Its only because the players went to him and said we cannot play this way that it changed

He’s ground out some results, but lets not kid ourselves here.

He deserves a summer ( I admit I wanted him gone after Donny) but Ive never seen a manager lose a fanbase so quickly. He has a lot to prove imo

Who knew that he might’ve needed some time to adapt to things?

Since Donny our form is very solid, just about upper mid table. He signed good players in January and in reality we’ve comfortably avoided the drop points wise.

Funny how those who don’t like him (you were one of the worst) always lean on it being the players who told him to change tactics, because you’d hate it to be Artell who turned it around.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 159
Hagrid
April 20, 2024, 5:54pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,489
Gold Stars: 536
Quoted from pontoonlew

Who knew that he might’ve needed some time to adapt to things?

Since Donny our form is very solid, just about upper mid table. He signed good players in January and in reality we’ve comfortably avoided the drop points wise.

Funny how those who don’t like him (you were one of the worst) always lean on it being the players who told him to change tactics, because you’d hate it to be Artell who turned it around.

It was the players. I dont need to justify it to you , you arrogant little man.

flipping hell scraping 20th in League 2, lets have a bloody party and blame the fans for not supporting Artell after getting hammered 5 and 6-0.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 159
TAGG
April 20, 2024, 5:58pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +26 / -27
Approval: +2,939
Gold Stars: 126
No secret that I would rather not have DA because his records stinks (I'm sure someone knows what it is) and it just seems to have been chaotic the whole time he's been here.
I have no doubt that he will be in charge next season and I will again have a ST and again support him because he will be the Gaffer.

In his three stints as Grimsby Town manager spanning over 10 years the club was never relegated and he also guided them to three promotions.
Only 14 managers have reached 1,000 matches in charge of a Football League team by 1998 and Buckley is one of them.
GOD
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 159
hampshiremariner
April 20, 2024, 5:59pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.06
Rep Score: +4 / 0
Approval: +1,050
Gold Stars: 35
I want to look forwards now and forget this season. They need to get at it quickly when recruiting in the summer. Last year it seemed a bit casual, little urgency. It’ll be alright on the night seemed to be the attitude. Hope they have been busy identifying possible  new signings already.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 159
LocalLadGTFC
April 20, 2024, 6:04pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.38
Rep Score: +9 / -2
Approval: +4,311
Gold Stars: 137
Quoted from Hagrid

flipping hell scraping 20th in League 2, lets have a bloody party and blame the fans for not supporting Artell after getting hammered 5 and 6-0.

JS has put the players went to Artell thing to bed, said it was Artell that was very open and frank in the talks with everyone.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 18 - 159
rancido
April 20, 2024, 6:04pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,618
Gold Stars: 96
Quoted from Hagrid

Was it the players? Who knows exactly what was said at the meeting except those present or did somebody there tell you what was said. Unless you're were present it's either " he said , she said " or conjecture.

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 159
16 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Now the inquest

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.