pen penfras
April 23, 2024, 8:41am

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.66
Rep Score: +8 / -9
Approval: -128
Gold Stars: 71
Quoted from LocalLadGTFC

There's a reason David Moyes is being replaced by West Ham, despite numerous top half finishes and winning a European cup with them. Owners want managers that play nice football, i'd be concerned if Jason and Andrew were on cheapside dictating how he runs training or who plays where but they aren't. They have a footballing ethos they want to represent the club and DA is the man chosen to get us playing that way.

The owners don't care what football West Ham play. The fans want them to play the West Ham way and have forced him out. I'm sure they all think it's for the best, but I'd put a fairly large bet on them being bottom half in 2 seasons.

My Everton mates all celebrated him going and the first season after they played good football whilst winning they said how he held them back. Since then they've been awful and I'm sure with hindsight they'd have taken 10 years of turgid football that finishes close to European qualification.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 130 - 159
diehardmariner
April 23, 2024, 9:20am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.99
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,653
Gold Stars: 539
Quoted from Theimperialcoroner

Doesn’t mean a lot really. If we don’t see a future in Hunt he’ll be gone to a club at his level.

Other than the fact it would require him walking away from his decent contract to take a lesser one you mean?
Private Message
Reply: 131 - 159
Theimperialcoroner
April 23, 2024, 9:55am

Posts Per Day: 1.05
Rep Score: +47 / -4
Approval: +5,252
Gold Stars: 102
Quoted from diehardmariner

Other than the fact it would require him walking away from his decent contract to take a lesser one you mean?

In that if he has no future here he will leave “by mutual consent” Namely being paid enough for him to accept.

Batch, Crombie, Moore K, Wiggington, Cumming, Waters, Bonnyman, Ford, Emson, Drinkell, Whymark. Love you all, You are the reason I'm on here. You've had help from Todd, Handyside, Futcher P, Groves, Mendonca, Macca etc etc etc. Up The Mariners!!!!!!!!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 132 - 159
LocalLadGTFC
April 23, 2024, 10:07am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.38
Rep Score: +9 / -2
Approval: +4,311
Gold Stars: 137
Quoted from It Bites

West Ham will be fighting relegation in 2 years and begging someone like moyes to save them .

Grimsby Town . Will always be fighting relegation too if “ The Grimsby Way “ project is allowed to continue. You end up with a manager becoming a yes man . You should trust people to do their job and trust a football manager to do it in the best way to get results with the players you have .

You end up like Luton, Brighton, Brentford and Bournemouth.. the most successful recent examples of having a clear game model throughout the club. You only have to take one look at the two clubs in Manchester... one of them has a clear footballing ethos and has every single team within the club all the way down to U6's playing the exact same way and reaps the rewards. Look over the red side of Manchester and the club is in a mess because it's employed 5 different managers since Ferguson left, all with different ideas of how to play football meaning they've spent a heck load of money signing players and then when a new manager comes in they get rid of them players and sign new ones... rinse and repeat.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 133 - 159
LocalLadGTFC
April 23, 2024, 10:11am
Cocktail Drinker
Quoted from pen penfras

The owners don't care what football West Ham play. The fans want them to play the West Ham way and have forced him out. I'm sure they all think it's for the best, but I'd put a fairly large bet on them being bottom half in 2 seasons.

My Everton mates all celebrated him going and the first season after they played good football whilst winning they said how he held them back. Since then they've been awful and I'm sure with hindsight they'd have taken 10 years of turgid football that finishes close to European qualification.

No that's because of terrible ownership coupled with horrific recruitment and appointments.. like seriously appointing Rafa Benitez was going to work? Another example of a poorly run club and them not sticking to an ethos that results in large player and manager turnover. They've had 8 managers in 11 years... like seriously appointing Big Sam and Frank Lampard is ever going to be a success.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 134 - 159
diehardmariner
April 23, 2024, 10:20am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.99
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,653
Gold Stars: 539
Quoted from Theimperialcoroner

In that if he has no future here he will leave “by mutual consent” Namely being paid enough for him to accept.

I don't think we've had a player paid up by mutual consent since 1878 took over.  Not saying it won't or couldn't happen, but it doesn't seem to fit the ethos at the club really.  

Regardless, I think he gets a fair chance under Artell this summer.  Be interesting to see if he's involved on Saturday.
Private Message
Reply: 135 - 159
LocalLadGTFC
April 23, 2024, 10:38am
Cocktail Drinker

I don't think we've had a player paid up by mutual consent since 1878 took over.  Not saying it won't or couldn't happen, but it doesn't seem to fit the ethos at the club really.  

Regardless, I think he gets a fair chance under Artell this summer.  Be interesting to see if he's involved on Saturday.

Not sure we'd have to pay his contract up, I imagine we'll have interest in the summer from York for him anyway.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 136 - 159
Abdul19
April 23, 2024, 10:43am

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.41
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,576
Gold Stars: 218
Only one I can think of is Joel Grant and he probably had 3 months left anyway.

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 137 - 159
Roast Em Bobby
April 23, 2024, 10:44am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.27
Rep Score: +11 / -2
Approval: +1,723
Gold Stars: 44
Quoted from LocalLadGTFC

Not sure we'd have to pay his contract up, I imagine we'll have interest in the summer from York for him anyway.

Me neither. I'd just tell him that he not in our plans and won't be getting many minutes next season if he stays. Then its up to him whether he takes a pay-cut to try to get his career back on track somewhere else.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 138 - 159
jamesgtfc
April 23, 2024, 10:51am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +13,039
Gold Stars: 190

Off the pitch, I think the owners and Debbie have managed poor performing people out of the club, and I would like to think that we wouldn't be averse to doing that with a player. I would like to think that after a terrible season, all players futures are under review, not just those that are out of contract.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 139 - 159
16 Pages Prev ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Now the inquest

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.