Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › JS where are you.!!!!
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum

JS where are you.!!!!

This thread currently has 13,730 views. Print
19 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 Next All Recommend Thread
friskneymariner
March 30, 2024, 9:42am

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +15 / -4
Approval: +4,156
Gold Stars: 38
Quoted from Yoda
Artell sounds like a manager under pressure and who’s jobs on the line blaming refs clutching at straws.
I watched the game and thought the ref was ok.

Think Artell must have been going through his desk drawers and found Hurst book of excuses.

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day,teach a man to fish and you give him an excuse for him to escape from the wife and kids for the weekend and drink lots of beer.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 182
HertsGTFC
March 30, 2024, 9:51am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,989
Gold Stars: 228
Quoted from Mappers
I imagine /hope  Stockwood & Pettit are looking at the forecast for next season and figuring out how to plug the gap in matchday revenue which in no doubt is coming - season ticket sales are going to be down dramatically , and barring our old favourite 'football fortune '(which i now  consider us having an anomaly of a good season )  matchday attendances will be down quite a bit you would have thought . Factor in that people will be able to watch most games on the box (for free if they choose ) .

I will go week in week out , out of blind loyalty and because it's a decent form of escapism + a few pints but I'm not sure if the goodwill will be there ,from more people than  the club will think ; it's at tipping point for the many not the few I would have thought and who can blame them .

At this present moment in time I expect us to get relegated, if that happens I’m not sure what I’ll do. Been a STH for a very long time but I’m not sure I can stomach another spell in non league.

Tipping point for many? I agree completely.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 182
GibMariner
March 30, 2024, 9:59am
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +1 / -4
Approval: -964
Gold Stars: 21
Quoted from friskneymariner

Think Artell must have been going through his desk drawers and found Hurst book of excuses.

At least he can’t blame “egg shape balls” with all the new infrastructure. 😉😉.

Won’t get relegated, but ticket income will be down and note from the accounts comercial income is already down in-spite of FFortune in those related years.

May have to dig deep these professional investors 😩😩
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 182
Vance Warner
March 30, 2024, 10:01am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +19 / -5
Approval: +2,830
Gold Stars: 105
Understand that when things aren’t going well no one is above criticism but what would people have liked our owners to have done differently? No one knows how our budget compares to other clubs in the league and it’s very easy to spend someone else’s money. Managerial dismissals and appointments have been generally met with approval at the time and improvements in infrastructure have been pretty unavoidable. What would people have done differently without referring to the irrelevant  scotch eggs or Guardian articles?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 182
Teestogreen
March 30, 2024, 5:40pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +10 / -2
Approval: -163
Gold Stars: 23
Vance - I would have liked our owners not to have sacked Paul Hurst and associates - that’s what I would have done differently.
The owners appointed them, and they paid them back with interest with promotion back to League 2
The owners ‘vision’ has led Town in to the current mess.

Blundell Park - The Home of Grimsby Town Football Club (still)  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 182
forza ivano
March 30, 2024, 6:16pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,281
Gold Stars: 266
Quoted from Yoda
We need a statement from Jason to the fans about the situation not another Guardian interview.
Jason you are sending this club down again probably to oblivion, nice scotch eggs don’t win matches.
Has anyone heard anything from our new CEO another silent waste of money.

Going back the OP , the CEO doesnt start until the summer and there arent any scotch eggs on sale, but apart from that it's all factually correct
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 182
MuddyWaters
March 30, 2024, 6:21pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,279
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from forza ivano

Going back the OP , the CEO doesnt start until the summer and there arent any scotch eggs on sale, but apart from that it's all factually correct

The scotch eggs thing is a bit of a red herring but four or five months without a CEO seems odd.
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 182
forza ivano
March 30, 2024, 6:24pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,281
Gold Stars: 266
Quoted from MuddyWaters

The scotch eggs thing is a bit of a red herring but four or five months without a CEO seems odd.

Theres someone ( cant remember his name, sorry) who is filling in .
Not that unusual , given notice periods at that level
Of course. they might well have taken the view that the appointee was the outstanding candidate, and it was worth waiting for the 3 months
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 182
chaos33
March 30, 2024, 6:37pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,991
Gold Stars: 362
Quoted from Teestogreen
Vance - I would have liked our owners not to have sacked Paul Hurst and associates - that’s what I would have done differently.
The owners appointed them, and they paid them back with interest with promotion back to League 2
The owners ‘vision’ has led Town in to the current mess.

What does that final sentence mean, because it makes no sense to me?

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 48 - 182
Roast Em Bobby
March 30, 2024, 7:02pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.27
Rep Score: +11 / -2
Approval: +1,724
Gold Stars: 44
Quoted from chaos33

What does that final sentence mean, because it makes no sense to me?

I tend to agree with Teestogreen. My hunch as to what that last sentence means is that JS started talking about the Grimsby Way and talking up the relationship with the twentyfirst group, and this undermined or at least created uncertainty in PH's mind when it came to last summer's recruitment. Was he getting players in that he thought would suit what the owners wanted rather than what he would have instinctively have gone for? He did say on numerous occasions last season that we needed more height in the team, and then didn't buy anyone in midfield or attack that fitted that description, which always seemed odd. And towards the end of last season and the beginning of this we were playing a different style than what PH has ever done, so I think its fair to assume that he felt pressured to break away from what had worked for him in the past.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 49 - 182
19 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › JS where are you.!!!!

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.