Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › JS where are you.!!!!
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum

JS where are you.!!!!

This thread currently has 13,737 views. Print
19 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 Next All Recommend Thread
male private Nale
March 30, 2024, 2:30am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.35
Rep Score: +3 / -2
Approval: -925
Gold Stars: 136
Quoted from mariner91

Yes but that’s cause you’re the only other sad cúnt on here who thinks going on about beetroot is funny.

Foul and abusive language, the natives are restless this evening. Come on surely there is more in your life than this message board and club? Why so angry
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 182
GYinScuntland
March 30, 2024, 4:49am

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.49
Rep Score: +21 / -6
Approval: +3,253
Gold Stars: 98
Quoted from darren9
Whilst we should always hold owners to account and I’ll fully support fans questioning the custodians of a football club I’m not sure what you expect?

If he doesn’t do his guardian article (which he’s probably contractually obliged to do) will that make you feel any better? Will it improve the team or the football club in anyway?

What do you expect a statement from him to say? "sorry for the team being excrement"?

As for the scotch egg comment, are we still banging that drum? no, a nice scotch egg doesn't get you 3 points on a saturday. but, theyre part of improving the overall experience which might make fans keep coming back.

My Scotch egg didn't have a runny yolk.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 182
GollyGTFC
March 30, 2024, 7:24am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +19 / -11
Approval: +6,050
Gold Stars: 358
Quoted from Yoda
Artell sounds like a manager under pressure and who’s jobs on the line blaming refs clutching at straws.
I watched the game and thought the ref was ok.

Yeah. Obikwu was bullied all game but it was a case of the centre backs were just bigger and tougher than him. And when that’s the case you can forgive the referee for missing the odd instance where a genuine foul has been committed.

I like Obikwu. If all the players worked as hard as he has over the past couple of months I think we’d be several points better off and not worrying about relegation.

And I’d extend that to Andrews too. Works his bottom off for the team.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 32 - 182
MuddyWaters
March 30, 2024, 7:26am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,281
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from darren9
Whilst we should always hold owners to account and I’ll fully support fans questioning the custodians of a football club I’m not sure what you expect?

If he doesn’t do his guardian article (which he’s probably contractually obliged to do) will that make you feel any better? Will it improve the team or the football club in anyway?

What do you expect a statement from him to say? "sorry for the team being excrement"?

As for the scotch egg comment, are we still banging that drum? no, a nice scotch egg doesn't get you 3 points on a saturday. but, theyre part of improving the overall experience which might make fans keep coming back.

The most important part of the overall experience’ is the football. The fact is that many, many more fans than I can ever remember are walking out before the end of the game. The result and the performance are paramount.
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 182
quebec38
March 30, 2024, 8:11am
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +6 / -1
Approval: +1,588
Gold Stars: 48
Disappointed and actually still a bit surprised at some of the responses to yesterday. Yeah, it was crap… again… but why are people so quick to chuck about the rubbish references and dig out the owners and coach again? Mad how some people can live their lives flip-flopping from one opinion to another so much.

6 games without defeat in a crucial period ended against money bags FC. It was always going to happen. They weren’t ahead by the millions of pounds of investment that they should have been either. Losing away at Barrow as well, as disappointing as it is, was always going to be a very tough game. We know they are one of the best sides in the league and they have the likes of Stockton who we can’t compete with right now. Whether we should be turning up against the likes of Barrow expecting nothing is a conversation for another time.

The season is dead from any other perspective than just getting one more point or a better goal difference than the 23rd placed side. Beat Bradford and we should be talking about 7 positive results from our last 9, not losing these last two matches against promotion chasers.

I have made my feelings clear on the squad enough times - I don’t think it’s good enough and I’m massively disappointed with last summers recruitment, once again. Just because results didn’t go our way yesterday though doesn’t mean we have to stoop for the scotch egg/pontoon paint job analogies etc.
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 182
lew chaterleys lover
March 30, 2024, 8:24am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,752
Gold Stars: 237
Quoted from quebec38
Disappointed and actually still a bit surprised at some of the responses to yesterday. Yeah, it was crap… again… but why are people so quick to chuck about the rubbish references and dig out the owners and coach again? Mad how some people can live their lives flip-flopping from one opinion to another so much.

6 games without defeat in a crucial period ended against money bags FC. It was always going to happen. They weren’t ahead by the millions of pounds of investment that they should have been either. Losing away at Barrow as well, as disappointing as it is, was always going to be a very tough game. We know they are one of the best sides in the league and they have the likes of Stockton who we can’t compete with right now. Whether we should be turning up against the likes of Barrow expecting nothing is a conversation for another time.

The season is dead from any other perspective than just getting one more point or a better goal difference than the 23rd placed side. Beat Bradford and we should be talking about 7 positive results from our last 9, not losing these last two matches against promotion chasers.

I have made my feelings clear on the squad enough times - I don’t think it’s good enough and I’m massively disappointed with last summers recruitment, once again. Just because results didn’t go our way yesterday though doesn’t mean we have to stoop for the scotch egg/pontoon paint job analogies etc.

You have answered your own questions. "Yeah, it was crap - again" which sums up this and many other EFL seasons.

How would you expect fans to react? Of course people will lash out because football and a lifetime support of your home town club is a very passionate and nerve shredding business.

I think people sense what is about to unfold and tempers will fray especially when we should never have been in this position.
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 182
GollyGTFC
March 30, 2024, 8:37am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +19 / -11
Approval: +6,050
Gold Stars: 358
Quoted from quebec38

4 wins out of 20 under Artell. That’s a win percentage of 20%. If you include the FA Cup it’s 4 out of 21 and 19%.

Even Nicky Law managed to win 23% of his games.

I have largely kept off here since the Doncaster defeat and have kept silent on Artell. But here goes… The guy appears to be useless and his spell can be summed up with the term “abject failure”. Whether he takes us down or maintains our place in the EFL he needs to be sacked on April 28th (assuming he’s still Head Coach then).

And on the subject of the owners… I expect better from them than we had under Fenty. If anything we’re worse when you factor in the increased budget. And they have failed to deliver on key pledges. i.e. New training ground and finding additional investors. Look at Lincoln. They have investors coming out of their ar$e and have a new training ground which they are continuing to improve.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 36 - 182
HertsGTFC
March 30, 2024, 8:38am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.25
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,991
Gold Stars: 228
Quoted from davmariner
There’s no point in even having a pop at them, it’ll only make them do the exact opposite of what should be done. They do have a lot to answer for though and it begs the question, in what way are we better off under them than we were under Fenty?

Wow! ⬆️

I think the only thing 1878 do need to challenge Artell on yesterday as it looked like he was saving his better players for Monday. The starting 11 yesterday would have struggled to beat most sides in the top half of the NL.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 182
Maringer
March 30, 2024, 8:48am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,666
Gold Stars: 189
I think it's pretty obvious that he didn't want to risk a half-fit Rose and risk losing him for the rest of the run in. Perfectly reasonable, providing he is fit to start on Monday.

As for this thread, it always surprises me just how easily the handful of obvious trolls on this board get posters to bite. All that happens is that we end up with another shitshow of a thread regurgitating the stuff posted in a couple of other threads with everybody even more depressed and nothing changed one iota. Trolls are inadequates in every way and the only way you can get rid of them is not to bite.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 182
Mappers
March 30, 2024, 9:35am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 5.44
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +4,430
Gold Stars: 119
I imagine /hope  Stockwood & Pettit are looking at the forecast for next season and figuring out how to plug the gap in matchday revenue which in no doubt is coming - season ticket sales are going to be down dramatically , and barring our old favourite 'football fortune '(which i now  consider us having an anomaly of a good season )  matchday attendances will be down quite a bit you would have thought . Factor in that people will be able to watch most games on the box (for free if they choose ) .

I will go week in week out , out of blind loyalty and because it's a decent form of escapism + a few pints but I'm not sure if the goodwill will be there ,from more people than  the club will think ; it's at tipping point for the many not the few I would have thought and who can blame them .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 182
19 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › JS where are you.!!!!

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.