Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › JS where are you.!!!!
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum

JS where are you.!!!!

This thread currently has 13,905 views. Print
19 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 Next All Recommend Thread
It Bites
March 31, 2024, 11:26am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.46
Rep Score: +4 / -10
Approval: +2,229
Gold Stars: 266
When I heard about everything that needed fixing at BP I knew we were in trouble again . The ground is still in a mess and will take millions to keep its safety certificates?? I’ve said it numerous times but the near future for us is mid table lg2 to top half NL . We better get used to it because unless someone daft enough to blow millions of pounds turns up then that’s reality I’m afraid
Private Message
Reply: 100 - 182
HertsGTFC
March 31, 2024, 11:35am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.25
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +23,071
Gold Stars: 237
Quoted from It Bites
When I heard about everything that needed fixing at BP I knew we were in trouble again . The ground is still in a mess and will take millions to keep its safety certificates?? I’ve said it numerous times but the near future for us is mid table lg2 to top half NL . We better get used to it because unless someone daft enough to blow millions of pounds turns up then that’s reality I’m afraid

You would imagine the £300K+ that needed spending in the main stand is coming from the cup money. New roof on the Ponny, steel works on the Osmond etc.. etc..

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 101 - 182
toontown
March 31, 2024, 1:25pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +13 / 0
Approval: +6,267
Gold Stars: 70
Quoted from HertsGTFC

Why do we need more capacity, there’s a limiting belief & narrative that people are locked out for home games? I’ve not met any yet, maybe some people can’t always sit with their mates who come to 5 games a season but that’s quite possibly it.

I do agree BP is crap and we deserve better but a new stadium won’t guarantee playing progress, in fact if we went all out to get one we’re more likely to end up like Darlington the way things are at the minute.

Serious question in reality if we opened say a 12,000 capacity stadium how many home supporters do you think we’d attract?

Nobody gets 'locked out' of games anymore because this isn't the 1970s, not because capacity is big enough! Time has moved on mate.

People look online, see there aren't tickets available, or aren't tickets available to sit with friends/partners/relatives as they wish, and therefore don't go. It's not going to be huge numbers at the moment but it definitely happens.

Whether those numbers are big enough to justify the huge cost to increase capacity I guess 1878 have decided not.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 102 - 182
Swansea_Mariner
March 31, 2024, 1:30pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.60
Rep Score: +22 / -3
Approval: +6,482
Gold Stars: 63
Even if Fenty had spent the required sums on planned maintenance on the ground over a 10-15 years period it doesn't change the fact that it's still a 100 year old stadium that has a large number of restricted view seats and generates very small sums of seven day income.

For all his faults, and there are lots of them I don't think the ambition of Fenty to move to a new stadium was the wrong one, just the right idea he failed to achieve.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 103 - 182
HertsGTFC
March 31, 2024, 1:39pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.25
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +23,071
Gold Stars: 237
Quoted from Swansea_Mariner
Even if Fenty had spent the required sums on planned maintenance on the ground over a 10-15 years period it doesn't change the fact that it's still a 100 year old stadium that has a large number of restricted view seats and generates very small sums of seven day income.

For all his faults, and there are lots of them I don't think the ambition of Fenty to move to a new stadium was the wrong one, just the right idea he failed to achieve.

Yeah even though the ambition was clearly a self serving one.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 104 - 182
Mappers
March 31, 2024, 1:42pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 5.41
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +4,565
Gold Stars: 120
Quoted from Swansea_Mariner

I agree , the failure to deliver though when something viable would have been a quarter of the cost is the major  mistake imo that's left us where we are today - I mean even if he had borrowed against the club in 2005 to build we would have now been in a much better position and likely debt free .

Unless/until  we somehow build a modern facility fit for purpose I will hold him accountable for the past , now and forever + he will be my t*at of both decades 2000-2020 .
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 105 - 182
MuddyWaters
March 31, 2024, 1:52pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.59
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,291
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from HertsGTFC

Maybe so. But he did, for all his faults, realise that BP restricts your income streams. To write off the notion of a new ground seems a very limiting decision given the additional costs we now have.
Private Message
Reply: 106 - 182
rancido
March 31, 2024, 2:00pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,667
Gold Stars: 102
Quoted from MuddyWaters

Maybe so. But he did, for all his faults, realise that BP restricts your income streams. To write off the notion of a new ground seems a very limiting decision given the additional costs we now have.

The owners have never written off the notion of a new ground. They said it wasn't a priority at the moment and that is something completely different.

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 107 - 182
Swansea_Mariner
March 31, 2024, 2:40pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.60
Rep Score: +22 / -3
Approval: +6,482
Gold Stars: 63
Quoted from HertsGTFC

These things don't  have to be mutually exclusive though do they, even if he stood to gain out of it, so what if the club was actually sitting in a spanking new stadium that could help safeguard its future for decades to come?

Equally if Stockwood delivered a new stadium and he stood to gain substantially from that I'd have no issue with that whatsoever as long as the club was suitably safeguarded.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 108 - 182
1mickylyons
March 31, 2024, 7:25pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.53
Rep Score: +42 / -14
Approval: +9,400
Gold Stars: 56
Fenty was a tight fisted houndprig at best but the fact remains we're 4th from bottom with 1878 and no amount of spin can alter that. The 1878 guys have had 3 years of goodwill and luckily till 3 months ago we've largely steered clear of aggro
Nobody wants to slate 1878 or the Manager least of all me but I'm fed up of being fed BS by them when my eyes and ears tell me I'm being short changed. I honestly expected Town to mount a serious play off challenge and I  get another relegation battle.Regards investment we need some and fast
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 109 - 182
19 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › JS where are you.!!!!

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.