Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › No new stadium
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 76 Guests

No new stadium

This thread currently has 17,988 views. Print
20 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 Next All Recommend Thread
WOZOFGRIMSBY
March 31, 2023, 6:12pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.74
Rep Score: +66 / -22
Approval: +9,060
Gold Stars: 192
Quoted from arryarryarry

When Labour get into power it would likely be called the Suzy/Eddie (or what he/she/it is called this week) Izzard Stadium.

Not allowed to use the word ‘stadium’ anymore due to fact that the woke arena’s, ground’s and the right wing showground’s get offended to the root of their foundations

Rose is on fire

And your scotch eggs are fu(king vile
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 90 - 194
Vance Warner
April 1, 2023, 8:10am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +19 / -5
Approval: +2,833
Gold Stars: 106
You can’t even have a discussion about a new ground without someone trying to turn it into some sort of imaginary battle against wokeness. It’s a absolute nonsense word that seems to have replaced political correctness as the go to phrase for anyone who doesn’t want to be a d1ck about other people. I couldn’t care less what Eddie Izzard identifies as that’s up to them. I do know that they’ve shown more guts and determination that most people are capable of and would recommend anyone watching the documentary about their marathon exploits. Anyway hope nobody anti woke is offended by that because I guess that would make them woke.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 91 - 194
arryarryarry
April 1, 2023, 4:19pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,052
Gold Stars: 117
Quoted from Vance Warner
You can’t even have a discussion about a new ground without someone trying to turn it into some sort of imaginary battle against wokeness. It’s a absolute nonsense word that seems to have replaced political correctness as the go to phrase for anyone who doesn’t want to be a d1ck about other people. I couldn’t care less what Eddie Izzard identifies as that’s up to them. I do know that they’ve shown more guts and determination that most people are capable of and would recommend anyone watching the documentary about their marathon exploits. Anyway hope nobody anti woke is offended by that because I guess that would make them woke.

I don't give a toss what people call themselves except that a man who identifies as a woman should not be allowed to have access to women only places such as toilets and jails.

My problem is when lunatics are in charge of the asylum, thankfully some sense was brought in when that lunatic Sturgeon had to resign following her views that a man should be allowed into a women's prison just because he wanted to be know as a woman.

Starmer also needs to come out against that otherwise he could lose a lot of women voters.
Private Message
Reply: 92 - 194
Vance Warner
April 1, 2023, 5:36pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +19 / -5
Approval: +2,833
Gold Stars: 106
Quoted from arryarryarry

I don't give a toss what people call themselves except that a man who identifies as a woman should not be allowed to have access to women only places such as toilets and jails.

My problem is when lunatics are in charge of the asylum, thankfully some sense was brought in when that lunatic Sturgeon had to resign following her views that a man should be allowed into a women's prison just because he wanted to be know as a woman.

Starmer also needs to come out against that otherwise he could lose a lot of women voters.

Don’t get why with all the problems facing this country at the moment the issue of whether someone goes in a cubicle in a male or female toilet is a vote changer.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 93 - 194
The Caterham Mariner
April 1, 2023, 5:51pm
Exile and Proud..
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.49
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +105
Gold Stars: 8
Quoted from Gilbertswand

turn the pitch 90 degrees...build a big home safe standing terrace opposite the findus...knock down the ponny and the osmond and tuck the new stands in so there is drive and drop off access...have a family/disabled supporter stand down one side with and away fans and additional home seating on the other....would solve the height of the stands issue...houses on harrington st would probably cost 2 million to start with,,,we can dream.

Hhmm !! Think we might be getting somewhere  got my lottery on tonight just in case i can knock on BP's door with an intention to invest "You have to have a dream..To have a dream come true!" I will let you know tomorrow  morning UTM.

An Exile and Proud  !! UTM
Mariners Trust Life Member.
In the words of my Uncle Fred "You can take the man outta of Grimsby BUT  you can't take the Grimsby!  Out the man!"
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 94 - 194
denni266
April 2, 2023, 9:50am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.83
Rep Score: +13 / -22
Approval: +703
Gold Stars: 132
Selling bits of the old main stand is a great idea .fans would buy just about anything just to have a reminder of the old place.. It would be a case of  do you need it  erm no   what are you going to do with it   erm dont know yet   do you want it    Hell yeh we would  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 95 - 194
Zero_as_a_limit
April 2, 2023, 11:11am
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.04
Approval: +115
Gold Stars: 2
Haven't heard anything of Tom Shutes for a while. I thought of his stadium plan when I saw this (a similar sized dock at Govan shipyard that has been filled in over the past few weeks):

https://twitter.com/geoallison/status/1641025063301382144/photo/1
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 96 - 194
The Caterham Mariner
April 2, 2023, 12:32pm
Exile and Proud..
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.49
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +105
Gold Stars: 8
Quoted from denni266
Selling bits of the old main stand is a great idea .fans would buy just about anything just to have a reminder of the old place.. It would be a case of  do you need it  erm no   what are you going to do with it   erm dont know yet   do you want it    Hell yeh we would  

Ok might i add for those "cranky" enough
1. Metalwork = Barbeque stands for those  hardcore fans who have built "Town " mancaves in their back gardens.
2. Woodwork = i.Outdoor Picnic benches
                          ii. Fireplace surrounds
                          iii. Shelving for your "Mariners" memorabilia.
You get the idea funny what you think about bored at work..
So don't burn it down!!
UTM.

An Exile and Proud  !! UTM
Mariners Trust Life Member.
In the words of my Uncle Fred "You can take the man outta of Grimsby BUT  you can't take the Grimsby!  Out the man!"
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 97 - 194
headingly_mariner
April 2, 2023, 12:45pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +34 / -21
Approval: +10,403
Gold Stars: 124
Does the club own the land at cheapside? I imagine that would have considerable value if the council allowed houses to be built on it.

The council could also help the club with land for a training ground and I hope the preferred site is council land.

Money generated from the change of training ground could potentially be the key to redeveloping Blundell park.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 98 - 194
AdamHaddock
April 2, 2023, 1:37pm

Main Stander
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +37 / -5
Approval: +2,842
Gold Stars: 26
I'd pay a tenner for the chesseburgers sign

[img]https://images.app.goo.gl/bymuz36koLHofSn79[/img]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 99 - 194
20 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › No new stadium

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.