Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › No new stadium
Users Browsing Forum
Googlebot and 48 Guests

No new stadium

This thread currently has 18,107 views. Print
20 Pages Prev ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 Next All Recommend Thread
Marinerdan
April 4, 2023, 6:23pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.23
Rep Score: +15 / -1
Approval: +953
Gold Stars: 17
The council seem to have gone all in on Freshney Place, that’s probably a 60m+ project. There’s a number of other half completed schemes all over Grimsby and Cleethorpes that will need funding too.

Really can’t see them being a realistic source of funding.

UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 120 - 194
Norseman
April 5, 2023, 12:15am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.44
Rep Score: +2 / -4
Approval: +277
Gold Stars: 48
Better to try and find  the money  and turn BP into a 10000 seater .Possibly buy houses on Harrington st ,turn the pitch round ,build new main and extend ponny and Osmond .Although might still be too expensive .So just alter main stand and close in open corners for 10000 seats
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 121 - 194
GYinScuntland
April 5, 2023, 1:17am

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.49
Rep Score: +21 / -6
Approval: +3,253
Gold Stars: 98
Over a quarter of a century and still not a sniff of the new ground.
Some have said we don't fill BP, that might as be, but what incentive is there to first attract, then keep new or floating fans anyway?
It's well documented although I haven't got the figures, that a good proportion of clubs with new grounds see an increase in supporters through the turnstiles. It's then up to them to keep them interested.
On a personal note after visiting out of the way developments on retail parks or miles from the town centre, it's my idea of hell.
At the same time I realise it's not always viable to redevelope your ground or relocate somewhere near.
Notts County and Millwall are prime examples of getting both options spot on.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 122 - 194
Mappers
April 5, 2023, 6:10am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 5.41
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +4,609
Gold Stars: 121
Quoted from Norseman
Better to try and find  the money  and turn BP into a 10000 seater .Possibly buy houses on Harrington st ,turn the pitch round ,build new main and extend ponny and Osmond .Although might still be too expensive .So just alter main stand and close in open corners for 10000 seats

If we did stay at BP i think although the increase in capacity would be great , for the main stand improving disabled facilities and having no restricted view seats would make many happy ,if we did just extend the main and fill in the cage you would have thought it would add 800-1000 .

As part of this you could make a much improved directors box/posh seats and free up the block in the upper for regular seats (i dont know if seats can be added there )

Then you could fill the other 2 corners with the covered temporary stands, you would probably be looking at an 11k ish capacity then .

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 123 - 194
lew chaterleys lover
April 5, 2023, 8:41am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,817
Gold Stars: 239
Quoted from Mappers

If we did stay at BP i think although the increase in capacity would be great , for the main stand improving disabled facilities and having no restricted view seats would make many happy ,if we did just extend the main and fill in the cage you would have thought it would add 800-1000 .

As part of this you could make a much improved directors box/posh seats and free up the block in the upper for regular seats (i dont know if seats can be added there )

Then you could fill the other 2 corners with the covered temporary stands, you would probably be looking at an 11k ish capacity then .

Well Bournemouth in the Premier league have a capacity of 11500 so there is hope yet.

Perhaps this is their plan - rise up the leagues when presumably far more people would be interested in getting on the bandwagon of a new ground?

Rising up the leagues won't be easy though, obviously.

Private Message
Reply: 124 - 194
WOZOFGRIMSBY
April 5, 2023, 10:10am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.74
Rep Score: +66 / -22
Approval: +9,101
Gold Stars: 197
Quoted from Mappers

that's my viewpoint too. its simple (on paper, not financially), just extend the main stand so that it joins onto the pontoon and change the roofing so that it is identical to the pontoon and above the eyeline leaving unrestricted views.  

IF, and a massive if, we ever were lucky enough to get a new stadium, id like us to copy the blueprint of the vaxjo arena in Sweden

Attachment: blunpk_4103.jpg
Size: 442.99 KB

Rose is on fire

And your scotch eggs are fu(king vile
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 125 - 194
mariner91
April 5, 2023, 10:28am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,844
Gold Stars: 264

Well Bournemouth in the Premier league have a capacity of 11500 so there is hope yet.

Perhaps this is their plan - rise up the leagues when presumably far more people would be interested in getting on the bandwagon of a new ground?

Rising up the leagues won't be easy though, obviously.

Having a billionaire backer helps though.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 126 - 194
GollyGTFC
April 5, 2023, 10:58am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +19 / -11
Approval: +5,996
Gold Stars: 362
Let’s go through the leagues and see how many clubs have had a new stadium since 1988…

Premier League: 10/20 (including Everton from August 2024) new stadiums.
Championship: 12/24 new stadiums.
League One: 10/24 (including Charlton returning to Valley) new stadium.
League Two 7/24 new stadiums.
National League 8/24 new stadiums.

So that’s 47 new stadiums out of the 116 clubs playing in nationwide leagues. That’s over 40%. If all those clubs can build one and it not bankrupt them, why can’t we? It’s little Grimsby syndrome.

The club only finished paying off the mortgage on the Findus Stand a few years ago didn’t we? Around 2019 I think. Did that stop us competing for nearly 40 years? No.

I have no problem with 1878 being unable to build a new stadium as sole owners. I do have a problem with the propaganda and lies that have been said to try and jusitify it as not required.
Logged Online
Private Message Skype
Reply: 127 - 194
Zero_as_a_limit
April 5, 2023, 11:19am
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.04
Approval: +115
Gold Stars: 2
Quoted from WOZOFGRIMSBY

that's my viewpoint too. its simple (on paper, not financially), just extend the main stand so that it joins onto the pontoon and change the roofing so that it is identical to the pontoon and above the eyeline leaving unrestricted views.  

IF, and a massive if, we ever were lucky enough to get a new stadium, id like us to copy the blueprint of the vaxjo arena in Sweden

Quite nice as 12,000 capacity stadiums go:
[img]https://c8.alamy.com/zooms/9/849bb07e19dd403ab13f2284ce463ed4/tbgwaj.jpg[/img]

I quite like Maastricht's (10,000 seat) ground, particularly the way they have tried to disguise it as an office block from the outside: [img]https://i.pinimg.com/originals/bb/fa/ac/bbfaac633b50e8f5a466f629c839a858.jpg[/img]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 128 - 194
ska face
April 5, 2023, 11:32am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,915
Gold Stars: 854
Quoted from GollyGTFC

I have no problem with 1878 being unable to build a new stadium as sole owners. I do have a problem with the propaganda and lies that have been said to try and jusitify it as not required.

Propaganda? Have a word with yourself for fùcks sake, you’re absolutely unhinged. Not sure saying in a Q&A that there isn’t an enormous case for a new ground to be a burning priority, on the basis of 18-months of attendance figures, counts as propaganda.
Private Message
Reply: 129 - 194
20 Pages Prev ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › No new stadium

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.