HerveJosse
March 9, 2023, 4:47pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.86
Rep Score: +6 / -3
Approval: +1,210
Gold Stars: 145
Quoted from ginnywings
The thing that concerns me most, is the sort of stuff that gets airtime at PMQ's, while people are sat in their homes in overcoats, wondering if they should have 30p beans or tomatoes for tea. If she wants to rib Sunak about his pretend support of Southampton, do it in the subsidised bar in the House of Commons.

All this backslapping jocularity sickens me when there are really important concerns that need addressing.

And that should be the concern of every voter , whichever way you lean.

Why is it pretend support he is from Southampton . Why wouldn’t he  support his home Town team?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 60 - 119
Knut Anders Fosters Voles
March 9, 2023, 5:02pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.84
Rep Score: +24 / -1
Approval: +8,832
Gold Stars: 556
Quoted from HerveJosse

Why is it pretend support he is from Southampton . Why wouldn’t he  support his home Town team?

Probably because he’s so shallow and vacuous, most of us don’t believe him when he says stuff like that.

Similar to when he boasts he’s a Northern MP and the only reason he spends time up there is to take his daughter shooting.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 61 - 119
HerveJosse
March 9, 2023, 5:06pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.86
Rep Score: +6 / -3
Approval: +1,210
Gold Stars: 145

Probably because he’s so shallow and vacuous, most of us don’t believe him when he says stuff like that.

Similar to when he boasts he’s a Northern MP and the only reason he spends time up there is to take his daughter shooting.

I didn’t know there was a ban on shallow and vacuous people being football supporters.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 62 - 119
Maringer
March 9, 2023, 5:38pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,690
Gold Stars: 189
I'd imagine that Sunak is as big a footy supporter as one of his erstwhile predecessors, Cameron, who was an avid West Ham fan. Erm, in mean Aston Villa. Sunak probably thinks Southampton's nickname is The Bees...
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 63 - 119
Bradford Mariner
March 9, 2023, 5:52pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +88
Gold Stars: 2
Anyone know what Lineker thinks?

Not going to be able to sleep until I've heard from him.

UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 64 - 119
chaos33
March 9, 2023, 5:52pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +18,003
Gold Stars: 362
I agree with Ginny, totally.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 65 - 119
March 9, 2023, 5:57pm
Brandy Drinker
Quoted from HerveJosse

I didn’t know there was a ban on shallow and vacuous people being football supporters.

Well, no. Otherwise Chelsea FC would cease to exist.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 66 - 119
MuddyWaters
March 9, 2023, 6:01pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.59
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,291
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from ginnywings
The thing that concerns me most, is the sort of stuff that gets airtime at PMQ's, while people are sat in their homes in overcoats, wondering if they should have 30p beans or tomatoes for tea. If she wants to rib Sunak about his pretend support of Southampton, do it in the subsidised bar in the House of Commons.

All this backslapping jocularity sickens me when there are really important concerns that need addressing.

And that should be the concern of every voter , whichever way you lean.

Exactly this. Her constituency has many, many challenges and, given that she was given a question, she should have used it in a constructive manner.
Private Message
Reply: 67 - 119
It Bites
March 9, 2023, 7:20pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.46
Rep Score: +4 / -10
Approval: +2,220
Gold Stars: 266
I hate some of the cocky fornicators that have got tickets for Brighton and went to Southampton and have only started watching town full time this season. Dancing round the pontoon like children every game . They have long supported premier league teams and never given a toss about Town till last season. Some poor sod who has been a season ticket holder for 30 years will of missed out though . That boils my urine . By the way Im not or had no intention of going to the game . I'll watch on TV
Private Message
Reply: 68 - 119
March 9, 2023, 7:32pm
Brandy Drinker
If preachy Nici had to ask a question in the Commons and jump on the bandwagon…

I’d have more respect if she asked the Defence Secretary about our problems at corners…

Nici: ‘So Mr Speakers. I ask my friend, the Rights Honourables Members of Lancasters and Wyres…why…why…wyre…arf…chance would be a fine thing…WHY…are Grimsby Uniteds doing a man-two-man and zonal hybrid at floated corners…Mr Speakers…Mr Speakers…he knows, he knows…why…why…why…are Grimsby Albions leaving a man completely unmarked at the far post. Not for a bicycle kick. Not for a towering header. No Mr Speaker. A tap in. At the far post. Knee high. Unmarked. Grimsby Rovers. That. Is. A. Disgrace. STOP.THE.CORNERS’.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 69 - 119
12 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Non Football › Talking of bandwagon jumpers

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.