ska face
March 9, 2023, 12:01pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,824
Gold Stars: 854
Quoted from pontoonlew
I can’t stand Nici and I’ve only every voted Labour, but reactions like this are a part of the reason Labour are struggling to get in IMO.

If somebody chooses to vote, or stand as a Tory, then that is their right in a democracy. Throwing your toys out the pram every time they speak because they have different views to you makes you just as bad as they are IMO.

This is not the first time you’ve said this and I’m starting to become concerned that you actually believe it. As if the last two election results have come about from people not being asked politely enough, rather than a concerted effort by the powers of capital to put down the prospect of greater wealth distribution.
Private Message
Reply: 50 - 119
Yarborough Vaults
March 9, 2023, 12:02pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.27
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +214
Gold Stars: 32
I long for the good old days when Austin Mitchell was a season ticket holder in the Ponny, and every half time we'd gather round as he read aloud from Marx and Engels while we all cheered.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 51 - 119
OddShapedBalls
March 9, 2023, 12:11pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.00
Rep Score: +5 / -1
Approval: +1,195
Gold Stars: 40
Quoted from Yarborough Vaults
I long for the good old days when Austin Mitchell was a season ticket holder in the Ponny, and every half time we'd gather round as he read aloud from Marx and Engels while we all cheered.

"fancy scotch eggs are the opiate of the masses" he used to preach to me
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 52 - 119
GrimExile
March 9, 2023, 12:15pm
Live in Bucks born and bred in Grimsby.
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.15
Rep Score: +6 / 0
Approval: +1,281
Gold Stars: 36
Quoted from pontoonlew
I can’t stand Nici and I’ve only every voted Labour, but reactions like this are a part of the reason Labour are struggling to get in IMO.

If somebody chooses to vote, or stand as a Tory, then that is their right in a democracy. Throwing your toys out the pram every time they speak because they have different views to you makes you just as bad as they are IMO.

She’s mentioned our name in parliament because we beat the PMs premier league team to make the FA Cup quarter bloody finals, Stockwood mentioned it because his team have been mentioned in parliament for such an historic achievement. It’s really not that deep.

Excellent post. Well said. 👏👏👏

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 53 - 119
HertsGTFC
March 9, 2023, 12:27pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.25
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +23,028
Gold Stars: 232
Quoted from buckstown
I gave up on politics about 5 years ago and feel calmer for it. They're all the same, pigs in the trough with little interest in their local communities.
My tory MP represented a constituency that voted massively remain, then spent three years running round Westminster leading the brexit lot. Nici is anonymous and everyone knows she'll be unemployed shortly after 22:00 on the day of the next election. She only got in because nobody wanted Jeremy Corbyn for goodness sake.
Have a day off boys and girls, celebrate the fact that we're in the FA Cup quarter final and finally our team is in the national spotlight. Every TV company in the land will be circling Blundell Park next week looking to fill 5 minutes, having not been near for 20 years. What should we do, chuck 'em out because they're hypocrites?
Jason may be looking for support for GTFC in other ways at some point. If you really think he should tell the local MP to clear off you're really naive. I believe its called "influencing skills", although some of us may know it by another term.
Stop watching the news, stop watching PMQ's and relax!!

Bit in bold is 100% right, what do the Mafia say? "Keep your friends close and enemies even closer" well there you go!

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 54 - 119
Bristol Mariner
March 9, 2023, 12:37pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.25
Rep Score: +11 / -5
Approval: +2,877
Gold Stars: 79
is she actually Fenty? i've never seen the two Tories together did he re emerge as Nici Fenty?

GTFC Exile, Bristol Mariners
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 55 - 119
ginnywings
March 9, 2023, 1:28pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.01
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,153
Gold Stars: 548
The thing that concerns me most, is the sort of stuff that gets airtime at PMQ's, while people are sat in their homes in overcoats, wondering if they should have 30p beans or tomatoes for tea. If she wants to rib Sunak about his pretend support of Southampton, do it in the subsidised bar in the House of Commons.

All this backslapping jocularity sickens me when there are really important concerns that need addressing.

And that should be the concern of every voter , whichever way you lean.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 56 - 119
golfer
March 9, 2023, 2:05pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.28
Rep Score: +34 / -18
Approval: +3,450
Gold Stars: 118
Quoted from Caveman

And one of last Tuesday's referee at the bottom of your toilet I hope ?

He's on the toilet paper.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 57 - 119
nightrider
March 9, 2023, 2:28pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +4 / -3
Approval: +464
Gold Stars: 10
Concerning that at the next game you might be sat near to somebody that voted for her. Worst still you might have been sat next to them all season.
Terrible. Perhaps BP could be segregated

Christ you all wanted him sacked a few months ago. 6th place finish and he's now the messiah and can do no wrong  
Update:  I think I've got this right - He was the messiah. He then wasn't. He then was again. Then it turned out he actually wasnt. He turned into one big huge messiah again. Now he's not actually the messiah we thought he was . Now I'm hoping he rises again quickly
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 58 - 119
grimps
March 9, 2023, 4:35pm
balderdash
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.79
Rep Score: +21 / -19
Approval: +5,176
Gold Stars: 46
Quoted from pontoonlew

She’s mentioned our name in parliament because we beat the PMs premier league team to make the FA Cup quarter bloody finals, Stockwood mentioned it because his team have been mentioned in parliament for such an historic achievement. It’s really not that deep.

Yeah the old angry activist types get a bit boring after a while , let’s be honest if you want to talk about last useless MPs then we had Austin Mitchill for nearly 40 years tossing it off around the House of Commons.
He was taking photos of birds during the period of this Towns total economic collapse yet he was first to turn up for the freebie Wembley trips despite being a Yorkie and never having supported the club .

MPs love a photo op and in a few years time when we might need their help for a new ground or a Blundell Park renovation our clubs owners will be able to remind the MPs and the Prime Minister about the times they draped themselves in a Town scarf
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 59 - 119
12 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Non Football › Talking of bandwagon jumpers

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.