13 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 Next All Recommend Thread
diehardmariner
December 20, 2022, 3:10pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.99
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,653
Gold Stars: 539
Definitely not imagined it.  Him and Rees had a punch up on the pitch away at Darlington in the Van Sherpa trophy or something similar.
Private Message
Reply: 80 - 126
Maringer
December 20, 2022, 4:16pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,646
Gold Stars: 189
We were trendsetters - had two players getting themselves sent off for fighting each other long before those namby-pamby Premier League players.

See also Russell Slade's half-time team talk on the pitch when we were getting tonked one game which was aped by Phil Orange some years afterwards.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 81 - 126
denni266
December 20, 2022, 4:20pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.83
Rep Score: +13 / -22
Approval: +702
Gold Stars: 132
Quoted from chaos33

Usual cobblers from you.

No not cobblers at all . just the usuall from you  . as a few have said lately  you dont want to see anything you dont go with  . Just call people out  with insults . Must have a hard life at home i guess not getting your own way . Any way hows the lumbago  still making you grouchy ?  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 82 - 126
Swansea_Mariner
December 20, 2022, 4:29pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +22 / -3
Approval: +6,468
Gold Stars: 63
Quoted from chaos33

Usual cobblers from you.

I'm  not sure it's complete cobblers.

If Simmonds, Pepple and JMD started every game in a season I'd bet heavy on JMD scoring more goals than the other two combined.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 83 - 126
sam gy
December 20, 2022, 4:33pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.33
Rep Score: +18 / -3
Approval: +5,478
Gold Stars: 56
Quoted from denni266
He is far better than these young loans hurst seems to like You dont see them busting a gut to get back and defend like hurst orders. And they dont have a clue where the back of the net is either. Its a case of if your face dont fit , but you can get a game if you are cheap or almost free  Tin hat time from the usuall i guess .

JMD has been injured/getting back to fitness  for a decent chunk of the season and has only been available for selection for the last couple of games, what is Hurst supposed to do, play a crocked JMD over a young loan player?

Plus we only have Pepple and Simmonds now who'd fall into that category of young loan attacking players, and neither are wingers.

Reiterating what i referred to earlier, i really like JMD, but i think Khan and Kiernan have been decent of late and both offer more all round. I'd certainly like to keep JMD to have as a backup, but i doubt he wants to be a backup!

[img]https://scontent-lhr3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xla1/v/t1.0-9/12039761_10156639571185103_2884197968019429473_n.jpg?oh=184cac2706832a1b1dd4d6a0420a6f87&oe=574C5F4F[/img]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 84 - 126
HertsGTFC
December 20, 2022, 5:12pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,985
Gold Stars: 228
Quoted from Swansea_Mariner

I'm  not sure it's complete cobblers.

If Simmonds, Pepple and JMD started every game in a season I'd bet heavy on JMD scoring more goals than the other two combined.

One is on his mid twenties the other 2 youngsters, silly comparison.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 85 - 126
MuddyWaters
December 20, 2022, 5:30pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,276
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from HertsGTFC

One is on his mid twenties the other 2 youngsters, silly comparison.

Good point. JMD is averaging a goal every 4 games across his career, most of which at National League level. I’m not sure it’s his output that’s the problem, but more his attitude to perform week in, week out. He doesn’t seem to stay anywhere long enough.
Private Message
Reply: 86 - 126
Stranger in the Park
December 20, 2022, 6:33pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.06
Rep Score: +5 / -2
Approval: -188
Gold Stars: 7
Didn't JMD replace Sousa....who would you sooner have ?  Also, JMD actually was in the starting lineup in the last game he played but did so little he was taken off at halftime. That is a rarity in itself, barring injury, but Hurst was obviously not enthused by his lack of endeavor. As we all know, football is a team game with no room for malingers. As many have pointed out, his level is around the Conference, not the rough house 4th division, despite his obvious talents.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 87 - 126
chaos33
December 20, 2022, 7:30pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,975
Gold Stars: 361
Quoted from denni266

No not cobblers at all . just the usuall from you  . as a few have said lately  you dont want to see anything you dont go with  . Just call people out  with insults . Must have a hard life at home i guess not getting your own way . Any way hows the lumbago  still making you grouchy ?  

Let’s put aside your utter lack of intelligence evident in your spelling and grammar ability…..but your post is full of passive aggressive tosh directed at Hurst, plus some implied criticism of some of our other young players from someone who evidently doesn’t know as much (if anything) about football as our management team. This is tethered to your evident and perpetual glee in having a dig at our players and management and their ability, judgement or application as you have been doing here for years, which infers a terribly lonely and miserable experience of supporting Town. All this is to say nothing of some rambling hogwash about lumbago, which I don’t understand, with some additional personal remarks about my life or personality, about which, you know nothing.

Nothing you’ve ever posted has been anything other than badly expressed, unduly critical, negative or miserable tripe. Stop bothering.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 88 - 126
Northbank Mariner
December 20, 2022, 9:35pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.75
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: +7,525
Gold Stars: 172
Quoted from chaos33

Let’s put aside your utter lack of intelligence evident in your spelling and grammar ability…..but your post is full of passive aggressive tosh directed at Hurst, plus some implied criticism of some of our other young players from someone who evidently doesn’t know as much (if anything) about football as our management team. This is tethered to your evident and perpetual glee in having a dig at our players and management and their ability, judgement or application as you have been doing here for years, which infers a terribly lonely and miserable experience of supporting Town. All this is to say nothing of some rambling hogwash about lumbago, which I don’t understand, with some additional personal remarks about my life or personality, about which, you know nothing.

Nothing you’ve ever posted has been anything other than badly expressed, unduly critical, negative or miserable tripe. Stop bothering.

Chaos, can I ask you a serious question, why do you feel you have to try to belittle every single poster on here?.
Denni offered an opinion, okay he's probably not had an Eton education and sometimes his messages are a bit jumbled, but to have a dig at his apparent illiteracy is bang out of order!..
DB was the number 1 for having spats but realised its the not the way "to win friends and influence people" and is now one of the best, positive and respected posters on this forum.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 89 - 126
13 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › JMD

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.