13 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 Next All Recommend Thread
grimsby pete
December 16, 2022, 11:58pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.80
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,827
Gold Stars: 222
Not all players can reach thr standard of fitness reguired to play league football
He has the skill but not the work rate to do that so he will play non league and be successful at that level.

I wish him well and hope he helps Chris Hargreaves keep his job

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 126
promotion plaice
December 17, 2022, 12:18am

Posts Per Day: 3.85
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +17,086
Gold Stars: 200
Quoted from grimsby pete
Not all players can reach thr standard of fitness reguired to play league football
He has the skill but not the work rate to do that so he will play non league and be successful at that level.

I wish him well and hope he helps Chris Hargreaves keep his job

Chris Hargreaves was sacked Pete, the wonderful Mark Cooper is in charge now.

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 126
Dave Gilberts Left Peg
December 17, 2022, 1:24am
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.49
Rep Score: +2 / -5
Approval: -158
Gold Stars: 78
[quote=120845]

How can you say he couldn’t be arsed? You don’t know that for sure. It’s hard to get truly match fit if you’re not playing matches.
Surely you can see the difference  between a fit and naturally fast player and a technically gifted show pony, I like JMD, however, he is just not naturally fit or fast enough to make a difference in league 2. PH knows the score with fitness and pace, as he was an ever present and had a good turn of foot( similar to Our Macca). I wish him well but he does not offer enough going backwards.

Only the dead have seen the end of war
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 126
Mayaman
December 17, 2022, 1:40am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.92
Rep Score: +7 / -2
Approval: +3,421
Gold Stars: 74
Last goal in non-league and first goal in the EFL.  When he came on the pitch, I always felt we could score. Good luck to him.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 126
aldi_01
December 17, 2022, 7:16am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.02
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
He’s a funny one that’s for sure. He scored and set up some key goals for us last year but for whatever reason, it just hasn’t worked out for him.

He’ll forever be in towns folklore…

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 126
fishcake63
December 17, 2022, 7:46am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.51
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +1,225
Gold Stars: 62
No doubt was a good impact player but always seemed to be blowing out of his backside after 10 mins , for me was one of them players that never looked fit enough to be a modern day winger , having said all of that i always fancied us to nick a goal or two when he was on the field good luck jmd
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 126
HertsGTFC
December 17, 2022, 8:56am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,985
Gold Stars: 228
[quote=40]You saw on Saturday why he’s not playing. Kiernan chased back half the length of the pitch to make a great tackle in the right back position, something JMD is not capable of for whatever reason. That’s why Hurst plays him ahead of Drew.[

I noticed that on Saturday when Tranmere had that chance on the break at the near post it was Kiernan who got really close to their play so that he fluffed it.

JMD just looks like he's not an athlete as well as a footballer, these days you need to be both, what I would say though is if he's going down a league he's better than Yeovil. Also what's going on with the deal one minute he's signing permanently in January the next Town are denying it.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 126
forza ivano
December 17, 2022, 8:59am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,269
Gold Stars: 266
Quoted from Northbank Mariner

There in lies the problem Coddy...Hurst has said on many occasions he needs to up his energy/fitness levels yet he were are sending him out loan...
Also let's not forget the cloud he came to us under, having his contract at Woking cancelled stating "mental issues" then 2 days ricks up at GTFC...
Will always be grateful for the goal that got us out the tinpot league but somewhere there's a problem with JMD.

I agree Northbank. I think his departure is mostly about his off field problems.given that hes been here over a year I think it's fair to surmise he hasn't been able to overcome his issues
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 126
buckstown
December 17, 2022, 9:35am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.41
Rep Score: +16 / -6
Approval: +5,187
Gold Stars: 79
Very skilful player but not athletic enough for modern day league football. Convinced PH reasoned we’d be in the conference this year when he signed him
Wish him well
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 126
RonMariner
December 17, 2022, 10:00am

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.42
Rep Score: +42 / -7
Approval: +13,797
Gold Stars: 226
He made vital contributions to the play off campaign. In the Notts County match both of our goals came from deliveries into the box by him. The equalizer was a particularly difficult ball to execute due to the position it was taken from: i.e. difficult to clear the first defender and still get it into the danger zone. Very well judged chip.

Of course his goal in the final will always be remembered, but it's worth noting how little time he was actually on the pitch in those two matches, and the impact he made.

He clearly doesn't fit in with Hurst's plans, but I really hope he does well at Yeoville. He was a key member of the squad that achieved Mission Impossible 2022.

All the best to him.  

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 126
13 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › JMD

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.