Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Non Football › Monarch or Elected President
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 49 Guests

Hereditary monarch or elected president?
Hereditary monarch
Elected president
  View Results 48 Votes Total
You must login or register to be allowed to participate in this poll

Monarch or Elected President

This thread currently has 4,691 views. Print
9 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All Recommend Thread
LH
September 17, 2022, 1:40pm

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,582
Gold Stars: 175
Schofield and Willoughby would have been at the front of my queue at the trials anyway for the alleged secret relationship with a lad of a questionable age and for being part of Celebrity Juice. Add spin to win your bills and the self importance of skipping the queue and it really doesn’t look good for them.
Private Message
Reply: 50 - 80
aldi_01
September 17, 2022, 9:23pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.02
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Quoted from LH
Schofield and Willoughby would have been at the front of my queue at the trials anyway for the alleged secret relationship with a lad of a questionable age and for being part of Celebrity Juice. Add spin to win your bills and the self importance of skipping the queue and it really doesn’t look good for them.

Schofield and Handy Andy scrapping it out for the title of biggest sex case?

Anyone got any idea why Willoughby had a face mask on to?

It’s all a bit weird now, let’s be honest.

If you turn the sound off, focused on the queue, we could quite easily be in Pyongyang or waiting outside to see Mao’s body…

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 51 - 80
ginnywings
September 17, 2022, 11:43pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.02
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,151
Gold Stars: 548
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 52 - 80
promotion plaice
September 17, 2022, 11:58pm

Posts Per Day: 3.85
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +17,087
Gold Stars: 200
Quoted from ginnywings

I have no idea what they get out of it. Queue for 24 hours to walk past a coffin.  

Maybe they just feel they have to give something back to a queen that dedicated her life to serve us for 70 years.

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 53 - 80
ginnywings
September 18, 2022, 12:56am

Recovering Alcoholic
Quoted from promotion plaice

Maybe they just feel they have to give something back to a queen that dedicated her life to serve us for 70 years.

She didn't serve me.

I keep hearing this guff about service and duty. What did she actually do?

Cut some ribbons and smashed a few champagne bottles on the back of some ships. Not a bad gig for a life of untold wealth and privilege.

I just don't get it. Never have, never will.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 54 - 80
Maringer
September 18, 2022, 7:46am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,658
Gold Stars: 189
I think she did a lot more than she really needed to in recent years (should have abdicated a decade or more ago, if you ask me), but let's not kid ourselves that she's been grafting at the coalface all these years. As when Princess Diana died, I'm always struck by the fact that, for all the public appearances and support for good causes, the Royals still spend half of the year or more on holiday. Half of the hangers on (Edward and Andrew, I'm looking at you) do sweet F.A., truth be told.

As I've said in the past, the Queen was the best of them, but she's still lived a life of luxury, as have they all.

It's no surprise that her children are such unimpressive characters given this want for nothing upbringing. I'd imagine the children of most superwealthy people tend to similarly flail around but they at least have the chance to enter mummy or daddy's business. The Royals' business is merely to exist and create heirs.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 55 - 80
FPVmariner
September 18, 2022, 10:12am
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.22
Rep Score: +4 / 0
Approval: +337
Gold Stars: 23
Quoted from ginnywings

She didn't serve me.

I keep hearing this guff about service and duty. What did she actually do?

Cut some ribbons and smashed a few champagne bottles on the back of some ships. Not a bad gig for a life of untold wealth and privilege.

I just don't get it. Never have, never will.

I really don’t understand the utter disrespect, have you any idea just how tough it is going on a 96 year holiday, never having a solitary thing to worry about.  All the while being surrounded by an army of sycophantic flunky’s who’s only mission in life is to be part of the club and get some pointless badge for achieving the square root of fûck all.  
Private Message
Reply: 56 - 80
aldi_01
September 18, 2022, 5:48pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from FPVmariner

I really don’t understand the utter disrespect, have you any idea just how tough it is going on a 96 year holiday, never having a solitary thing to worry about.  All the while being surrounded by an army of sycophantic flunky’s who’s only mission in life is to be part of the club and get some pointless badge for achieving the square root of fûck all.  

You’re harsh. She served, tea and cakes, well, her lackies did it. She had parties, well, turned up in fancy outfits…

There’s a reason so many kids of wealthy types, particularly aristocracy have such copulated up morals and lives is Becauee they do excrement all.

They serve nobody except themselves. It’s the public wasting their time queuing up to see an empty box with a crown made of stolen diamonds on it. Don’t see royalty rocking up at funerals of normal folk…

It’s all fucjing guff and to be honest, as the weeks gone on I’ve began to be even more belligerent about my desire to see the end of the monarchy.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 57 - 80
ginnywings
September 18, 2022, 6:41pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Quoted from aldi_01

You’re harsh. She served, tea and cakes, well, her lackies did it. She had parties, well, turned up in fancy outfits…

There’s a reason so many kids of wealthy types, particularly aristocracy have such copulated up morals and lives is Becauee they do excrement all.

They serve nobody except themselves. It’s the public wasting their time queuing up to see an empty box with a crown made of stolen diamonds on it. Don’t see royalty rocking up at funerals of normal folk…

It’s all fucjing guff and to be honest, as the weeks gone on I’ve began to be even more belligerent about my desire to see the end of the monarchy.

Me also.

The endless news cycle on this is just creepy. People falling over themselves to tell us what a great woman she was and how much the grieving nation will miss her. The latest guff I saw was concerning Viscount Severn (no, me neither) who has been so "brave" to stand vigil at his Grannies coffin for 15 minutes.

It all feels very North Korean.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 58 - 80
aldi_01
September 18, 2022, 7:07pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from ginnywings
[/b]

Me also.

The endless news cycle on this is just creepy. People falling over themselves to tell us what a great woman she was and how much the grieving nation will miss her. The latest guff I saw was concerning Viscount Severn (no, me neither) who has been so "brave" to stand vigil at his Grannies coffin for 15 minutes.

It all feels very North Korean.

He’s got some grandparent with the name Battenberg…are these weird inbreeds all named after cakes and biscuits?

It’s weird and odd and to be honest serves little purpose. People aren’t queueing because they’re sad, they’re queueing to say they were at something and for a excrement picture for social media.

We’ve mocked countries for less.

It’s all North Korea…

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 59 - 80
9 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Non Football › Monarch or Elected President

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.