Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Non Football › Monarch or Elected President
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 25 Guests

Hereditary monarch or elected president?
Hereditary monarch
Elected president
  View Results 48 Votes Total
You must login or register to be allowed to participate in this poll

Monarch or Elected President

This thread currently has 4,704 views. Print
9 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All Recommend Thread
Maringer
September 16, 2022, 10:21am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,659
Gold Stars: 189
The grand old Duke of York,
He had 12 million quid*.
He gave it to someone he’d never met,
For something he never did.

(* his Mum gave him the 12 million quid for the pay-off)
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 80
LH
September 16, 2022, 7:02pm

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,582
Gold Stars: 175
Has anyone off here been down to Westminster Hall and if so why?
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 80
ginnywings
September 16, 2022, 7:10pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.02
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,151
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from LH
Has anyone off here been down to Westminster Hall and if so why?

I have no idea what they get out of it. Queue for 24 hours to walk past a coffin.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 80
LH
September 16, 2022, 7:29pm

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,582
Gold Stars: 175
They’re watching us this week in Pyongyang thinking it’s a bit much.
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 80
Knut Anders Fosters Voles
September 16, 2022, 7:33pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.85
Rep Score: +24 / -1
Approval: +8,832
Gold Stars: 555
There have been some crazy, crazy things happen in this country in the past 15 years but people queuing up for almost 24 hours to bow, sign and cross in front of a catafalque (!) must be near the very top.

Do these people not have jobs or other commitments?

Whilst they’re shuffling through the Westminster Hall, distracted by waving and mope-gurning at the cameras on the Mourn Hub livestream, the Government are pushing through legislation to remove the cap on bankers bonuses, whilst the rest of us get told not to ask for a pay rise.

The sort of deflection this country hasn’t seen since Paul Parker in Italia ‘90.

That’s the sort of thing we should be forming a massive crowd in London about. Jarrow March instead of harrow march.

To top it off, we’ve got the likes of David Beckham (desperate last attempt for a knighthood to boost his brand), Philip Schofield and other no-mark celebrities treating it like a Wimbledon-lite social event.

The absolute state of this country.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 80
Limerick Mariner
September 17, 2022, 1:00am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +10 / -3
Approval: +5,730
Gold Stars: 138
Jean Luc Godard - the king of French cinema died this week, he would have rock star status in France - secret family cremation only for him. That would have been top class street-cred if Charles and his siblings and the grandkids had just buried her in a field somewhere at Balmoral and called it a natural burial and just told everyone to just have a street party.

We did a natural burial for my dad in private then a service and reception for friends after, no feck rse parading about with the coffin. Worked really well. If I can't be sent off in a burning viking longboat on the Humber - my first choice, I'd go for the natural burial in some field in Lincs
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 80
DB
September 17, 2022, 6:46am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.44
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +4,049
Gold Stars: 390
Quoted from ginnywings

I have no idea what they get out of it. Queue for 24 hours to walk past a coffin.  

Unlike you, I'm a Royalist but like you, I don't get it. Queue for 5 miles in all weathers for 24 hours?

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 80
aldi_01
September 17, 2022, 7:02am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.02
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
The worst part about the queueing is so many have been moaning about it. What did they expect the queue to be like? flipping odd balls.

I’ve queued overnight for trainers and gig tickets but at least I got something out of it.

If people get themselves on Reddit there’s a video doing huge rounds of the BBCs coverage with precious commentary spliced together which is about North Korea…first perfectly.

It’s flipping mental, all of it, and it isn’t getting any better.

We’ve had serious meetings for kids cancelled this week because the LA or whoever is in a period of mourning. We’ve proven nothing other than our ability to be good at absolute irrelevant guff and the ability to walk in flipping lines.

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 80
Limerick Mariner
September 17, 2022, 8:54am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +10 / -3
Approval: +5,730
Gold Stars: 138
Quoted from aldi_01
The worst part about the queueing is so many have been moaning about it. What did they expect the queue to be like? flipping odd balls.

I’ve queued overnight for trainers and gig tickets but at least I got something out of it.

If people get themselves on Reddit there’s a video doing huge rounds of the BBCs coverage with precious commentary spliced together which is about North Korea…first perfectly.

It’s flipping mental, all of it, and it isn’t getting any better.

We’ve had serious meetings for kids cancelled this week because the LA or whoever is in a period of mourning. We’ve proven nothing other than our ability to be good at absolute irrelevant guff and the ability to walk in flipping lines.

Actually there are loads of extra trains running in and out of London - yet there is a national shortage of train drivers, and it is not easy to magic up extra rolling stock is it. Or it seems it is. Thankfully mourners wont have the Grimsby fans to Notts Couny experience…

My plan for Monday is great IKEA build day - the boxes have been sitting there for weeks.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 48 - 80
FishOutOfWater
September 17, 2022, 11:44am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.14
Rep Score: +52 / -7
Approval: +6,577
Gold Stars: 37
Quoted from aldi_01
I’ve no doubt that members of the royal household have used their status to ensure some good, William and Harry and their charity work for example…

Then you get Handy Andy and everything is undone. Mummy hid him away (just like those disabled family members), have him a wad of cash to pay off the victims and protected a blatantly guilty man.

The fact they’d even consider allowing Handy Andy anywhere near public life is a disgrace. All these royalists and the weird flag shaggers associated with it who bang on about grooming gangs yet conveniently ignore the fact that a prominent member of their beloved royals and his chums did exactly the same thing…

Freedom of speech has seemingly gone out of the window and the country has lost its mind. Thousands queuing and some that are, are moaning about it. Thick girl privates. Nobody made them…

Nobody made them? Really? I thought that the "Daily Heil" and the "Daily Excess" did....  
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 49 - 80
9 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Non Football › Monarch or Elected President

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.