ginnywings
April 6, 2022, 9:59pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.02
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,151
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from Civvy at last

You don’t have to stay on topic any more mate. It’s now in the non footy section.  👏 👏👏   In fact, by mentioning  footy related you are now off topic. FFS 😉

That's typical of me. A dollar short and a day late.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 60 - 75
barralad
April 6, 2022, 10:35pm
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.32
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,299
Gold Stars: 127
Quoted from Azimuth

Because Bliar and Brown changed the nation forever with social engineering, setting the ball rolling with uncontrolled immigration, attempting to destroy the union, leaving the nation bankrupt, illegal wars that have taken a generation to get over, trying to drag us deeper into the EU, changing laws to line Blairs wifes pockets, I could go on and on but we will be feeling the effects of the Blair Brown years forever.

Another one perpetuating the lie that Labour bankrupted the country. Had it not been for Brown's speedy intervention not only here but around the world during the banking crisis caused by completely out of control capitalism we could have been looking at what real bankruptcy looked like.

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 61 - 75
arryarryarry
April 7, 2022, 12:27am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,040
Gold Stars: 117
Quoted from Theimperialcoroner

One is proving to have taken it to new levels.

Also as if to prove my point Blair and Brown have now been in Govt for 12 years now so why are we still blaming them for the failings of the nation we have seen recently?

I wasn't specifically saying Blair and Brown were responsible for the current failings just pointing out that most Prime Ministers don't give a toss and will say and do anything to get voted in.

Having said that some suggest that Brexit is part of our problems but much of the vote for Brexit was based on people being drunk off with EU (specifically from Eastern Europe) immigration which was compounded by Tony Blair's decision to open the flood gates in 2004 when most of the other EU nations didn't open their borders until several years later, Germany and Austria not until 2011. His decision was clearly to hope that the majority would be low skilled low paid immigrants that would help to keep down wages in the rest of the UK.

Blair's decision also helped the rise of Nigel Farage and UKIP whose results in EU elections specifically led to David Cameron promising an EU referendum because he was shitting himself he would lose millions of votes to UKIP.

So you could say that Tony Blair's legacy is still current.

Private Message
Reply: 62 - 75
Theimperialcoroner
April 7, 2022, 10:10am

Posts Per Day: 1.05
Rep Score: +47 / -4
Approval: +5,259
Gold Stars: 102
Quoted from arryarryarry

I wasn't specifically saying Blair and Brown were responsible for the current failings just pointing out that most Prime Ministers don't give a toss and will say and do anything to get voted in.

Having said that some suggest that Brexit is part of our problems but much of the vote for Brexit was based on people being drunk off with EU (specifically from Eastern Europe) immigration which was compounded by Tony Blair's decision to open the flood gates in 2004 when most of the other EU nations didn't open their borders until several years later, Germany and Austria not until 2011. His decision was clearly to hope that the majority would be low skilled low paid immigrants that would help to keep down wages in the rest of the UK.

Blair's decision also helped the rise of Nigel Farage and UKIP whose results in EU elections specifically led to David Cameron promising an EU referendum because he was shitting himself he would lose millions of votes to UKIP.

So you could say that Tony Blair's legacy is still current.

If we want to keep looking back then we’ll talk about Thatcher and her rampant desire for deregulation and privatisation.
For me around the point of immigration, it was needed and still is as we are struggling to fill roles with UK workers. Add to this our aging population, it makes sense to bring younger workers here. However it was done in such a way as those benefits were simply not explained and the flag shaggers have had a field day.
Above all this, we are in a position where national debt is spiraling out of control and was doing well before Covid. This debt is not benefitting the whole nation one little bit but those with the most are sat on the biggest gravy train ever and are being massively enabled by the most corrupt bunch of male masturbators we’ve ever had the misfortune to have in power. All the while being cheered on by 30 odd percent of the electorate who are either too thick, or selfish to care.

Batch, Crombie, Moore K, Wiggington, Cumming, Waters, Bonnyman, Ford, Emson, Drinkell, Whymark. Love you all, You are the reason I'm on here. You've had help from Todd, Handyside, Futcher P, Groves, Mendonca, Macca etc etc etc. Up The Mariners!!!!!!!!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 63 - 75
arryarryarry
April 7, 2022, 10:40am
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from barralad

Another one perpetuating the lie that Labour bankrupted the country. Had it not been for Brown's speedy intervention not only here but around the world during the banking crisis caused by completely out of control capitalism we could have been looking at what real bankruptcy looked like.

You could say it was the UK tax payers that saved us from real bankruptcy.

He also stole from UK pension savers by scrapping dividend tax credit and he was that thick he had no idea that scrapping the 10% lower income tax rate would double the tax liablilty of low paid workers. I was working in the financial side of my Company at that time listening to his budget and knew within 30 seconds that that would be the result, Brown was clueless.

And don't get me going about his "British jobs for British workers" or his downright lie about giving the UK a referendum on the  Lisbon Treaty.
Private Message
Reply: 64 - 75
jamesgtfc
April 7, 2022, 11:38am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +13,039
Gold Stars: 190
Quoted from chaos33
NHS staff, who the government applauded on doorsteps every Thursday night during COVID were offered f@cking 1%!!! 1% as a ‘pay rise’! Another utter con and disgrace. A huge pay cut in a life and death job as a ‘reward’. The Tories got way with that one too. Inflation was what, in 2020/21? 3% maybe?

Workers/unions don’t demand anything. They ask. It’s a negotiation. Had it actually have even been true that unions demanded a 2k pay rise for staff in the NHS, it would have actually only meant a take home amount of about £20-£30 a week in their salary. What’s that…maybe 80p an hour?!?! And the price of everything has been rising way above that for some time. I do wish people would actually think more before posting utter twaddle.

The emails I have from Unison last year about a minimum £2k pay rise for everyone are made up then are they?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 65 - 75
chaos33
April 7, 2022, 3:54pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,984
Gold Stars: 361
And did they find their ‘demands’ were met?

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 66 - 75
arryarryarry
April 7, 2022, 11:30pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from Theimperialcoroner

If we want to keep looking back then we’ll talk about Thatcher and her rampant desire for deregulation and privatisation.
For me around the point of immigration, it was needed and still is as we are struggling to fill roles with UK workers. Add to this our aging population, it makes sense to bring younger workers here. However it was done in such a way as those benefits were simply not explained and the flag shaggers have had a field day.
Above all this, we are in a position where national debt is spiraling out of control and was doing well before Covid. This debt is not benefitting the whole nation one little bit but those with the most are sat on the biggest gravy train ever and are being massively enabled by the most corrupt bunch of male masturbators we’ve ever had the misfortune to have in power. All the while being cheered on by 30 odd percent of the electorate who are either too thick, or selfish to care.

You don't get it do you. At no point were the British electorate asked if they wanted to accept millions of Eastern European migrants that flooded many northern Towns putting pressure on housing, schools and doctors surgeries etc.

That lying illegitimate Blair said just a few thousand would come in in the first year when tens of thousands landed.

The British people had their say in EU elections when Ukip drunk the main parties, and finally had their say in the EU referendum.
Private Message
Reply: 67 - 75
chaos33
April 8, 2022, 6:26am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,984
Gold Stars: 361
‘Millions of Eastern Europeans’? Is that right?
Has brexit sorted that then? Have they all been sent back?

Can you think of any other benefits of brexit?

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 68 - 75
aldi_01
April 8, 2022, 6:53am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.02
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Farage maths again I see.

Pressure on the system has come from years of austerity, trust me, I’ve seen it first hand in my profession.

Nobody actually did complain about the legitimate immigration from Eastern Europe until the euro sceptics and flag shaggers f exuded they wanted to be a bit more racist.

Taking jobs away from English people, jobs that English people didn’t want to do…or are we going to ignore the businesses exploiting migrant workers to save a few bob?

Anyway, privatised trains are shite, costly and unreliable. Getting to Kings Lynn on the train will be a challenge…

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 69 - 75
8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Non Football › Travelling fans Warning

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.