ska face
April 6, 2022, 1:56pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,760
Gold Stars: 851
Quoted from jamesgtfc

Not at all. I just didn't think a strike would be productive and alternatives weren't being considered such as working to rule, not doing overtime etc.

I've worked in the private sector and my experience is that the only way to get a pay rise is by leaving for a new job so I'm sorry my opinion on industrial action in the public sector differs from yours.

When people are being made redundant elsewhere and haven't had a pay rise for many years dragging them closer and closer to the National Minimum Wage then I think it's a bit rich for public sector workers to demand pay rises in line with inflation.

You’ve just said you couldn’t be bothered to take any action to improve your own (self-admittedly) secure, comfortable job and now you’re having a dig at public sector workers for not being content with poor pay & conditions?

It’s a race to the bottom and we’re being dragged there by selfish people like you! “I didn’t want to improve my lot, why should anyone else want to improve theirs? I’m very comfortable btw”
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 75
chaos33
April 6, 2022, 2:10pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,984
Gold Stars: 361
Quoted from rancido

The choice was Boris or Corbyn. Do you honestly believe Corbyn and Co would have handled Brexit, Covid and now the Ukrainian crisis any better? And don't reply with often quoted glib response "well it couldn't have been worse" because that is something you will never know. I voted Conservative , not because I am a Tory, which I am not, but because the prospect of Corbyn and the rest of his "fantasy world" dream team running the country filled me with dread for the future.

Mate, a f@cking leaking fridge would have done a better job of governing this country than this collection of incompetent, corrupt, dishonourable, privileged, sycophantic self-interested, lying charlatans - by far the worst government in Britain’s history. By a million miles!! Your ad hominem/whataboutery nonsense does you no credit. If I’d voted Tory, and I never would, I’d be utterly, utterly furious and ashamed. Even more than I am.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 75
jamesgtfc
April 6, 2022, 2:14pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +13,039
Gold Stars: 190
Quoted from ska face

You’ve just said you couldn’t be bothered to take any action to improve your own (self-admittedly) secure, comfortable job and now you’re having a dig at public sector workers for not being content with poor pay & conditions?

It’s a race to the bottom and we’re being dragged there by selfish people like you! “I didn’t want to improve my lot, why should anyone else want to improve theirs? I’m very comfortable btw”

If the public sector get a pay rise, the state has to fund that somehow. It's also a bit rich in my opinion for the public sector to demand huge pay rises when large sections of the private sector is on its knees and they haven't had a pay rise for years.

Do I want a better pay rise? Yes of course I do. Do I think strike action is the way to go about it? No I don't.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 75
Theimperialcoroner
April 6, 2022, 2:26pm

Posts Per Day: 1.05
Rep Score: +47 / -4
Approval: +5,259
Gold Stars: 102
Quoted from chaos33

Mate, a f@cking leaking fridge would have done a better job of governing this country than this collection of incompetent, corrupt, dishonourable, privileged, sycophantic self-interested, lying charlatans - by far the worst government in Britain’s history. By a million miles!! Your ad hominem/whataboutery nonsense does you no credit. If I’d voted Tory, and I never would, I’d be utterly, utterly furious and ashamed. Even more than I am.

What he said 👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼

Batch, Crombie, Moore K, Wiggington, Cumming, Waters, Bonnyman, Ford, Emson, Drinkell, Whymark. Love you all, You are the reason I'm on here. You've had help from Todd, Handyside, Futcher P, Groves, Mendonca, Macca etc etc etc. Up The Mariners!!!!!!!!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 75
Hagrid
April 6, 2022, 2:27pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,489
Gold Stars: 536
intercourse the tories. And all who vote for them
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 75
chaos33
April 6, 2022, 2:32pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,984
Gold Stars: 361
Quoted from jamesgtfc

If the public sector get a pay rise, the state has to fund that somehow. It's also a bit rich in my opinion for the public sector to demand huge pay rises when large sections of the private sector is on its knees and they haven't had a pay rise for years.

Do I want a better pay rise? Yes of course I do. Do I think strike action is the way to go about it? No I don't.

I mean, I’m mostly inclined to ignore this childish reactionary, over simplified guff….but, can you give us an example of where ‘the public sector’ (where to start…?) have ‘demanded a huge pay rise’?

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 75
Madeleymariner
April 6, 2022, 2:32pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.01
Rep Score: +23 / -15
Approval: +3,061
Gold Stars: 50
Why do people think public sector workers have worse pay and conditions, had I not been TUPED into a private sector monolith therefore keeping my payscales and conditions from being employed by Govt/local authority I would be paid nearly 4kpa less/non flex hours for the same job as I do now, top managers may gain with perks/shares etc but trust me private sector at the lower levels is the min wage they can get away with. As for top politicians (all parties) just about the whole lot are in it for themselves and dont care one bit about the public they are supposed to serve. Glad I dont rely on rail very often.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 75
LH
April 6, 2022, 2:37pm

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,582
Gold Stars: 175
How low do we have to go before people stop asking how bad it would have been under Labour? (Which is a leading question as ot suggests that this really is the best we could have hoped for..)
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 75
ska face
April 6, 2022, 2:45pm

Vodka Drinker
Quoted from jamesgtfc

There you go again, blaming public sector workers for problems in the private sector having just admitted to being one of the people responsible for it!

People need to get over the idea that any increase in wages for the public sector is coming straight out of their pocket. We have some of the lowest rates of corporation tax in the developed world, a govt with the ability to create money out of thin air, the City of London is the financial centre of Europe where trillions flow in and out of transactions annually, and we are home to some of the biggest tax evaders on the planet.

Problem is, it’s far easier to punch down.
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 75
ska face
April 6, 2022, 2:46pm

Vodka Drinker
Quoted from Madeleymariner
Why do people think public sector workers have worse pay and conditions, had I not been TUPED into a private sector monolith therefore keeping my payscales and conditions from being employed by Govt/local authority I would be paid nearly 4kpa less/non flex hours for the same job as I do now, top managers may gain with perks/shares etc but trust me private sector at the lower levels is the min wage they can get away with. As for top politicians (all parties) just about the whole lot are in it for themselves and dont care one bit about the public they are supposed to serve. Glad I dont rely on rail very often.

How do you think TUPE came about? Organisations dreaming it up out of the goodness of their hearts? Or pressure from the unions?
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 75
8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Non Football › Travelling fans Warning

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.