ska face
August 20, 2021, 1:36pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,827
Gold Stars: 854
Quoted from Humbercod

we just don’t know who we are letting in.

Why don’t you?

Do you think resettlement schemes just pop everyone on a plane one end and then shoo them off at the other, never to be seen again?

You make a good case for closing all borders to absolutely everyone though - nobody in or out of the country at all, just everyone stuck on crab mentality island watching Mrs Browns boys until death.
Private Message
Reply: 50 - 107
Stadium
August 21, 2021, 11:11am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.77
Rep Score: +6 / 0
Approval: +1,926
Gold Stars: 19
Horrendous scenes around & inside the airport.
An absolute disaster.

“There's nothing wrong with the car except that it's on fire.”- Murray Walker
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 51 - 107
Rick12
August 21, 2021, 12:45pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.14
Rep Score: +42 / -3
Approval: +255
Gold Stars: 45
Quoted from Stadium
Horrendous scenes around & inside the airport.
An absolute disaster.
What got me was seeing pictures in the newspaper of people falling out of planes to their death desperate to get out the country . Turns out one of them was only 19 and an Afghan youth footballer. Mind boggles how hard life is and desperate for some people around the world.

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 52 - 107
Rick12
August 21, 2021, 1:31pm
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from Humbercod

Any awful opinions on this -
https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s.....arrested-London.html

Is it awful to worry about thieves,rapists,murderers, or good old fashioned terrorist because we just don’t know who we are letting in.
Messed up world Humbercod . Always has been . Hopefully we see a time  where and I haven't given up hope yet  that everyone gets on regardless of political affiliation or religion  and there's fairness amongst humans. Not just with each other but also how we treat this planet and not rape the earth  for financial gain and Iive in harmony with it.

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 53 - 107
Humbercod
August 21, 2021, 1:48pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.15
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: -3,503
Gold Stars: 83
Quoted from Rick12
Messed up world Humbercod . Always has been . Hopefully we see a time  where and I haven't given up hope yet  that everyone gets on regardless of political affiliation or religion  and there's fairness amongst humans. Not just with each other but also how we treat this planet and not rape the earth  for financial gain and Iive in harmony with it.

Amen to that.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 54 - 107
aldi_01
August 22, 2021, 4:59am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.02
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Thousands of illegals coming in every week…erm…you can’t actually prove that, the clue is in the title…I mean perhaps we should start with the scumbags taking everything from these folk on the promise of a passage to a safe haven, not a flipping rubber dingy across the sea…

intercourse me, what are the racists and bigots really scared of? If we’re advocating the stopping of refugees in to a country because we’re worried about rape and murder then we best set up the gulags because you’re gonna be shocked when you find out that that already happens…

Back to the actual discussion and not the bigoted ramblings which result in calling anyone with a heart or a different view a lefty divvy or whatever…

I see there’s now a suggestion the Afghan sect of Isis is now likely to attack…I mean this would clearly indicate that Covid is done…the west have their priorities on the Middle East again…is there money to be made, are the yanks trying to take back control of the drug trade again? Is there now more millions to be made in the sale of weapons than PPE and the likes.

Just get the poor illegitimates out of there, let the flipping lunatics and scumbags masquerading as relgious nut jobs  eat themselves…very sad to think that less than 50 years ago, may be 60, Afghanistan was a progress country…

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 55 - 107
KingstonMariner
August 22, 2021, 8:01am
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.03
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Afghanistan was making progress in the 70s. Until the religious nutters tried to stop it. Then the Soviets went in to support the regime (and for their own geo-political reasons no doubt) and that gave the West the chance to strike at the USSR by backing what became the Taliban (and spawn Al Qaeda).

Blair makes some sound comments in here:

https://amp.theguardian.com/wo.....l-eligible-evacuated

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 56 - 107
KingstonMariner
August 22, 2021, 8:05am
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.03
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from Humbercod

Would be slightly funny if there was any kind of logic to your warped mentality.

Bit beyond you is it?

To make it obvious for you, the point I’m making is that you don’t ditch allies. It comes back to bite you. If we’d been led by ignorant idiots like you in WWII we’d have lost.

I expect you’d have needn’t objecting to the use of new weapons too crying that they’re ‘experimental’ and might hurt you.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 57 - 107
Rick12
August 22, 2021, 10:13am
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from aldi_01

Just get the poor illegitimates out of there, let the flipping lunatics and scumbags masquerading as relgious nut jobs  eat themselves…very sad to think that less than 50 years ago, may be 60, Afghanistan was a progress country…

Nice sentiments Aldi but as human beings were all fallen creatures.  Evil in all its various guises be it bullying,racism, bigotry, mocking etc is present in all of  us however minuscule eg 0.0001%. Purity doesn't exist in the human consciousness.This is relevant for the great theological thinkers in our human history ranging from Jesus of Nazareth to Guru Nanak the founder of the Sikh faith who were beacons of hope in a fallen world.  Key is to want to change for the  better and make the effort to do that. If everyone done that on a global level you wouldn't see these humanitarian problems . Likewise on a local level a lot of problems would be eradicated as well.

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 58 - 107
Biccys
August 22, 2021, 11:20am
Posts Per Day: 2.03
Rep Score: +55 / -22
Approval: +1,226
Gold Stars: 27
Quoted from Rick12

Nice sentiments Aldi but as human beings were all fallen creatures.  Evil in all its various guises be it bullying,racism, bigotry, mocking etc is present in all of  us however minuscule eg 0.0001%.Purity doesn't exist in the human consciousness This is relevant for the great theological thinkers in our human history ranging from Jesus of Nazareth to Guru Nanak the founder of the Sikh faith who were beacons of hope in a fallen world.  Key is to want to change for the  better and make the effort to do that. If everyone done that on a global level you wouldn't see these humanitarian problems . Likewise on a local level a lot of problems would be eradicated as well.

Therein lies the problem! "Better" for some bigoted groups is their version of reality and damn the outlook of anyone who disagrees. Not aimed at any particular religion or worldview, most have their own version of what they consider to be "best".

Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 59 - 107
11 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Non Football › Afghanistan

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.