11 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next All Recommend Thread
blundellpork
August 15, 2021, 9:33pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.09
Rep Score: +3 / -2
Approval: +1,668
Gold Stars: 32
Whilst there was a certain inevitability to it all, quite frankly it’s depressing how quickly they’ve managed to seize control once more. 20 years of Western forces, then within weeks of leaving, the Talivan are back in control.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 107
KingstonMariner
August 15, 2021, 9:57pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.05
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from blundellpork
Whilst there was a certain inevitability to it all, quite frankly it’s depressing how quickly they’ve managed to seize control once more. 20 years of Western forces, then within weeks of leaving, the Talivan are back in control.

And I thought the writing on that Transit I’ve seen driving around  said “Allan Akbah”.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 107
pizzzza
August 15, 2021, 10:26pm

Pontoonite
Posts Per Day: 1.05
Rep Score: +20 / -10
Approval: +6,701
Gold Stars: 137
Just been reading about a lad who decided that now would be a good time to take a holiday in Kabul. Mental...

https://archive.is/siPjr
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 107
Rick12
August 15, 2021, 10:43pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.14
Rep Score: +42 / -3
Approval: +255
Gold Stars: 45
Quoted from pizzzza
Just been reading about a lad who decided that now would be a good time to take a holiday in Kabul. Mental...

https://archive.is/siPjr
Reminds me of someone who use to be at school with 2 Afghan refugees. Nice lads by all accounts but when they were living in Afghanistan they witnessed directly public amputations by the Taliban for misdeamoners. Having said that and this is something I respect having been to the middle east there is lot more religious fervour out there. I remember being in Israel and hearing the call to prayer before 5 am and being quite moved by it . Likewise in this country some of the nicest people I've met have been Muslim. One girl I remember who was a close friend of mine at collage was from Somalia and Muslim and was keeping her virginity till married in line with Islamic thinking. I know religion has gone on the wane in the United Kingdom but I still would prefer after some thought my own daughter to follow this line of thinking(Catholic dogma  share this view as well) . Some won't agree Iam sure but you can only try to be true to yourself and not be shaped by media and politicians and others who don't have all the answers and can't be trusted fully anyway.

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 107
Maringer
August 15, 2021, 11:02pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,658
Gold Stars: 189
Yeah, it's always good to have religious texts from thousands of years ago telling people what they can and can't do with their own genitalia. And, in the case of the Taliban, deliberate misreadings of the reputed sayings of Mohammed so they can dehumanise women and keep them downtrodden, all in the name of modesty or 'family honour'.

The West can't really complain about it whilst ignoring the fact that their oil-laden allies elsewhere in the Middle East behave in pretty much exactly the same way. Hypocrisy in action.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 107
Rick12
August 15, 2021, 11:09pm
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from Maringer
Yeah, it's always good to have religious texts from thousands of years ago telling people what they can and can't do with their own genitalia.
Fair point but I don't think no religion has all the answers. This has been covered in the Jesus thread which DB created not too long ago.

For the record I still believe this universe was created by something divine and not chance.

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 107
LH
August 15, 2021, 11:10pm

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,583
Gold Stars: 175
Give it a rest, Ringo.
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 107
Rick12
August 15, 2021, 11:21pm
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from LH
Give it a rest, Ringo.
It's the nature of the thread though and worth mentioning . As a forum so called moderator you should understand and respect this Lenny or whatever your real name is .Most Afghanistan's are religious people. I've lived in London a lot of my life and have some very good Muslim friends still. You have a go at their religion and no jokes there is a chance your putting yourself in danger of getting a few slaps. For the record I don't agree with violence though.

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 107
Limerick Mariner
August 15, 2021, 11:30pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +10 / -3
Approval: +5,730
Gold Stars: 138
Quoted from Maringer
Yeah, it's always good to have religious texts from thousands of years ago telling people what they can and can't do with their own genitalia. And, in the case of the Taliban, deliberate misreadings of the reputed sayings of Mohammed so they can dehumanise women and keep them downtrodden, all in the name of modesty or 'family honour'.

The West can't really complain about it whilst ignoring the fact that their oil-laden allies elsewhere in the Middle East behave in pretty much exactly the same way. Hypocrisy in action.

Yep, the religious equivalent to the Nazi's interpretation of the works of Charles Darwin. but at least the work of Charles Darwin is a scientific truth.

Unless humanity pulls something pretty amazing out of the bag on carbon capture, Afghanistan will be inhabitable by the end of this century, maybe before; no doubt the Taliban and their "brothers" elsewhere think the great one in the sky will save them...

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 107
LH
August 15, 2021, 11:32pm

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,583
Gold Stars: 175
It’s on the course of the thread because you’ve steered it that way with your peace and love rubbish. It’s a thread about another monumental failure of foreign policy by western govts and the associated costs in both financial and human terms. Only my mrs calls me Lenny.
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 107
11 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Non Football › Afghanistan

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.