Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Non Football › Legal Question.!
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 36 Guests

Legal Question.!

This thread currently has 7,109 views. Print
8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
friskneymariner
December 13, 2020, 2:10pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +15 / -4
Approval: +4,159
Gold Stars: 38

Ah, I see. You are a bigot with a halo, for jumping on to every passing bandwagon which is dividing every football club in the land (see any fans forum you like) but I am a bad bigot for pointing out the division it is causing and how ineffectual it will be?  

As the issue of racial equality has been relevant for at least fifty years I would hardly describe it as some passing bandwagon,quite indicative of your true feelings is that is how you perceive it.

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day,teach a man to fish and you give him an excuse for him to escape from the wife and kids for the weekend and drink lots of beer.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 60 - 70
KingstonMariner
December 13, 2020, 3:00pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.05
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from friskneymariner

As the issue of racial equality has been relevant for at least fifty years I would hardly describe it as some passing bandwagon,quite indicative of your true feelings is that is how you perceive it.

You and I know he is most likely a racist. He just won’t admit it so looks for other ways to ‘dog whistle’ his thoughts.

The ‘it causes division’ argument is the most laughable. It causes division because certain people don’t like the fact players are making an anti-racist gesture.

To disguise it they then invent reasons like ‘those well paid footballers are supporting a Marxist organisation’. Or ‘It’s political’ - durrr!

My favourite is ‘they’re trained Marxists’. Like you can go to a special school where you learn about dialectics and how to conduct an ideologically pure analysis of the offside trap.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 61 - 70
Chrisblor
December 13, 2020, 3:14pm

Elemér Berkessy
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.22
Rep Score: +51 / -20
Approval: +8,946
Gold Stars: 239
Marxism is actually good anyway so i dunno what you anti kneeling lot have against it

gary jones
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 62 - 70
lew chaterleys lover
December 13, 2020, 3:22pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,746
Gold Stars: 237
Quoted from friskneymariner

My true feelings, for the umpteenth time, is that I abhor racism.

I am arguing that the bandwagon of the BLM movement (being associated with a political organisation with views wildly different to mainstream views) will harm the cause of anti-racism movements because it has caused friction and division at all clubs. I also argue that taking the knee is not going to make a jot of difference.
Private Message
Reply: 63 - 70
lew chaterleys lover
December 13, 2020, 3:22pm
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from KingstonMariner

You and I know he is most likely a racist. He just won’t admit it so looks for other ways to ‘dog whistle’ his thoughts.

The ‘it causes division’ argument is the most laughable. It causes division because certain people don’t like the fact players are making an anti-racist gesture.

To disguise it they then invent reasons like ‘those well paid footballers are supporting a Marxist organisation’. Or ‘It’s political’ - durrr!

My favourite is ‘they’re trained Marxists’. Like you can go to a special school where you learn about dialectics and how to conduct an ideologically pure analysis of the offside trap.

See my reply above.
Private Message
Reply: 64 - 70
friskneymariner
December 13, 2020, 5:03pm

Champagne Drinker
Quoted from KingstonMariner

Spot on Kingston.

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day,teach a man to fish and you give him an excuse for him to escape from the wife and kids for the weekend and drink lots of beer.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 65 - 70
Yoda
December 13, 2020, 5:16pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +5 / -20
Approval: -3,189
Gold Stars: 72
You cannot call somebody racist with no evidence at all.
Just your hunch they might be racist, a typical lefty stunt anyone who has a different opinion to you is a racist.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 66 - 70
lew chaterleys lover
December 13, 2020, 5:30pm
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from Yoda
Just your hunch they might be racist, a typical lefty stunt anyone who has a different opinion to you is a racist.

It is indeed a sad old world where any dissent from the approved line is met with a barrage of accusations, all completely unfounded.

It is however important to keep having discussions on all manner of things regardless of how some people react.

In this case, the argument is whether taking the knee is proving more divisive than helpful in the fight against racism.
Private Message
Reply: 67 - 70
ginnywings
December 13, 2020, 5:48pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.02
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,151
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from Chrisblor
Marxism is actually good anyway so i dunno what you anti kneeling lot have against it

They'd rather live in a society where 1 per cent of the population own 90 per cent of the wealth. Capitalism rules and it absolutely doesn't mean that those wealthy people probably made a good chunk of their money by exploiting very poor foreign nationals. Honest.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 68 - 70
friskneymariner
December 13, 2020, 6:19pm

Champagne Drinker
Quoted from Yoda

But it's o'k to call people Marxist,,incredible.!!

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 69 - 70
8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Non Football › Legal Question.!

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.