Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Non Football › Legal Question.!
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 25 Guests

Legal Question.!

This thread currently has 7,100 views. Print
8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
lew chaterleys lover
December 12, 2020, 2:31pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,746
Gold Stars: 237
Quoted from Stadium

From elsewhere:

There’s no rule against “disrespecting the knee”. If a bunch of aging football fans wants to boo and fulminate against a player-led anti-racist initiative, and convince themselves that by doing so they are keeping their country safe from Marxism, then they should be free to do so. And everyone else should be free to make up their own minds about what is really going on.

But the players are the ones who are in control, and these protests can continue as long as they wish them to.

You can quote what you like, but it is proving divisive. What is the point? It certainly is not helping, is it?
Private Message
Reply: 50 - 70
Stadium
December 12, 2020, 2:48pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.77
Rep Score: +6 / 0
Approval: +1,926
Gold Stars: 19

You can quote what you like, but it is proving divisive. What is the point? It certainly is not helping, is it?

Correct in your opinion.
Fortunately it's not your decision to decide what the players would like to do.

“There's nothing wrong with the car except that it's on fire.”- Murray Walker
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 51 - 70
KingstonMariner
December 13, 2020, 12:26am
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.05
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from Norseman

Yes defintely. I would boo it as its a gesture started in the states in support of a political, racist, marxist movement which i am happy to stand against.
End racism, kick it out, standing linking arms, banners, badges happy with all of them as i agree with the message not the current methods of highlighting it. So yes i will be booing

Total BS. What part of taking the knee says that you’re a racist, Marxist? You’ve swallowed a lie.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 52 - 70
aldi_01
December 13, 2020, 7:38am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.02
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Love it when people call people Marxists without really knowing what a Marxist is...

Quite funny how this thread has made it to 6 pages when the initial question was answered within a few responses...

Probably highlights how awful our club is when people are cryarsing over some folk doing something to support a cause they believe in...

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 53 - 70
barralad
December 13, 2020, 9:37am
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.32
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,299
Gold Stars: 127

The kick it out campaign has been going for a long time, and everybioody gets behind it. This is quite different - whether the cause has been hijacked or not, BLM has morphed into a political party whose aims are not those of the mainstream - overthrow of capitalism and defund the police for example. BLM will always be divisive as is shown by chairman against fans, players against fans and fans against fans...and it is not doing any good at all for racial equality.

The Kick It Out campaign has been running for a long time but week in week out there were still examples of racist behaviour regularly exhibited at our football grounds which suggests not everybody gets behind it.

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 54 - 70
friskneymariner
December 13, 2020, 11:04am

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +15 / -4
Approval: +4,159
Gold Stars: 38

The kick it out campaign has been going for a long time, and everybioody gets behind it. This is quite different - whether the cause has been hijacked or not, BLM has morphed into a political party whose aims are not those of the mainstream - overthrow of capitalism and defund the police for example. BLM will always be divisive as is shown by chairman against fans, players against fans and fans against fans...and it is not doing any good at all for racial equality.

Kind of undermines your argument t doesn't the very fact  Racism still exist is a testament to how ineffective it i has been.It is bigots such as yourself that conflated any legitimate protest with left wing Marxist classic far right tactic.You have been duped.

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day,teach a man to fish and you give him an excuse for him to escape from the wife and kids for the weekend and drink lots of beer.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 55 - 70
lew chaterleys lover
December 13, 2020, 11:31am
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from barralad

The Kick It Out campaign has been running for a long time but week in week out there were still examples of racist behaviour regularly exhibited at our football grounds which suggests not everybody gets behind it.

Taking the knee isn't going to solve it either, is it?
Private Message
Reply: 56 - 70
lew chaterleys lover
December 13, 2020, 11:32am
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from friskneymariner

Kind of undermines your argument t doesn't the very fact  Racism still exist is a testament to how ineffective it i has been.It is bigots such as yourself that conflated any legitimate protest with left wing Marxist classic far right tactic.You have been duped.

The dictionary definition of a bigot is "a prejudiced person who is intolerant of the views of others". Do you think that applies to you?
Private Message
Reply: 57 - 70
friskneymariner
December 13, 2020, 12:05pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +15 / -4
Approval: +4,159
Gold Stars: 38
Yup when it comes to Racism proud to be bigoted.

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day,teach a man to fish and you give him an excuse for him to escape from the wife and kids for the weekend and drink lots of beer.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 58 - 70
lew chaterleys lover
December 13, 2020, 1:59pm
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from friskneymariner
Yup when it comes to Racism proud to be bigoted.

Ah, I see. You are a bigot with a halo, for jumping on to every passing bandwagon which is dividing every football club in the land (see any fans forum you like) but I am a bad bigot for pointing out the division it is causing and how ineffectual it will be?  
Private Message
Reply: 59 - 70
8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Non Football › Legal Question.!

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.