Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Non Football › Legal Question.!
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 35 Guests

Legal Question.!

This thread currently has 7,114 views. Print
8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
ska face
December 12, 2020, 11:13am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,763
Gold Stars: 851
Quoted from Norseman

Really whats changed except more racial disharmony. What have tgey achieved except to get a few virtue signallin celebrities and footballers supporting BLM. The rest of us prefer to be anti racist by the way we live our lives always. Not just when its popular

Living my life as anti-racist by proudly booing an anti-racist protest.

What’s changed? Very little, which perhaps demonstrates that the gesture isn’t quite leading to the dismantling of capitalism and break up of the family unit as predicted by the soothsayers on here and in The Sun or on Spiked.
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 70
friskneymariner
December 12, 2020, 11:50am

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +15 / -4
Approval: +4,159
Gold Stars: 38
Quoted from Kris2
Freedom of speech/expression only protects you from the government. This is why we don't throw people in prison for disagreeing with the government or calling them all twits. Private companies have the right to deny service to anyone they want. You could try to appeal it without a leg to stand on but wouldn't waste your time. The only time throwing somebody out or refusing service tends to become a legal dispute is on grounds of discrimination.

It does not count as discrimination if they don't want you expressing your angry political views at a football match.

Not strictly correct if a private company denied someone service due to their ethnic origin they would be open to litigation.All terms and conditions and constitutions have to be Human Rights Act Compliant.
Just because many firms are ignorant of this,and due to the fact there is very little case law in this area does not mean it is legal,applied law precedents evolve over time as authorities are set by courts.  

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day,teach a man to fish and you give him an excuse for him to escape from the wife and kids for the weekend and drink lots of beer.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 70
Norseman
December 12, 2020, 12:57pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.45
Rep Score: +2 / -4
Approval: +277
Gold Stars: 48
Quoted from LH

So if you’re anti racist you’ll sit quietly through a peaceful anti-racism protest and moan about it away from the ground then? The team are making this season embarassing enough without a load of angry, middle-aged+ men turning up and booing something because it’s got an imaginary poltical party attached to it.

Thats my point i dont believe the BLM are anti racist so wouldnt sit quietly through it. How is the BLM an imaginary movement. But you do as you wish. As will I
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 70
Norseman
December 12, 2020, 1:00pm
Table Wine Drinker
Quoted from ska face

Living my life as anti-racist by proudly booing an anti-racist protest.

What’s changed? Very little, which perhaps demonstrates that the gesture isn’t quite leading to the dismantling of capitalism and break up of the family unit as predicted by the soothsayers on here and in The Sun or on Spiked.

And it never will lead to those outcomes. Does not mean thats what they desire and those of us who dont have to stay silent. They display and promulgate their message. Those who disagree with their ideology have the right to do the same
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 70
golfer
December 12, 2020, 1:49pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.29
Rep Score: +34 / -18
Approval: +3,450
Gold Stars: 118
Quoted from bax
If you are on private property the owner of that property can remove you for any reason it deems fit enough to do so.

Would you be entitled to a refund ?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 70
codcheeky
December 12, 2020, 2:03pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.38
Rep Score: +23 / -4
Approval: +1,252
Gold Stars: 31
Quoted from Norseman

Yes defintely. I would boo it as its a gesture started in the states in support of a political, racist, marxist movement which i am happy to stand against.
End racism, kick it out, standing linking arms, banners, badges happy with all of them as i agree with the message not the current methods of highlighting it. So yes i will be booing

Be honest with yourself and admit if linking arms was the protest rather than taking a knee you would be on here condemning that, I am not a racist but...........I want to be totally against those willing to make a stand
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 70
Yoda
December 12, 2020, 2:08pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +5 / -20
Approval: -3,189
Gold Stars: 72
I believe you have the right to boo if they want to boo if you want to it’s a free country for now anyway.

My argument is should you be thrown out the ground for it.
If so what happens then when you boo the referee if he makes a bad decision later in the game should you be thrown out for that it’s a dangerous game making up rules as you go along.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 70
lew chaterleys lover
December 12, 2020, 2:10pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,747
Gold Stars: 237
Quoted from codcheeky

Be honest with yourself and admit if linking arms was the protest rather than taking a knee you would be on here condemning that, I am not a racist but...........I want to be totally against those willing to make a stand

The kick it out campaign has been going for a long time, and everybioody gets behind it. This is quite different - whether the cause has been hijacked or not, BLM has morphed into a political party whose aims are not those of the mainstream - overthrow of capitalism and defund the police for example. BLM will always be divisive as is shown by chairman against fans, players against fans and fans against fans...and it is not doing any good at all for racial equality.
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 70
Norseman
December 12, 2020, 2:19pm
Table Wine Drinker
Quoted from codcheeky

You dont know me and what i would do. But let me make this absolutely clear. I have worked and associated with races and creeds all over tge world without 1 not even 1 accusation of racism   Ive supported town for 56 years. I have never even in the dark old days used any racist language. I fully and whole heartedly supported the kick it out campaign without ever booing. I would fully support, linking arms, applause, wearing badges saying end racism, kick it out, not today not any day. What i will not do is support any initiative with BLM associations.
You can believe me or not makes not a jot of difference to me. I know what i stand for and very comfortable with my objections to the BLM.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 48 - 70
Stadium
December 12, 2020, 2:25pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.77
Rep Score: +6 / 0
Approval: +1,926
Gold Stars: 19
Quoted from Norseman

You dont know me and what i would do. But let me make this absolutely clear. I have worked and associated with races and creeds all over tge world without 1 not even 1 accusation of racism   Ive supported town for 56 years. I have never even in the dark old days used any racist language. I fully and whole heartedly supported the kick it out campaign without ever booing. I would fully support, linking arms, applause, wearing badges saying end racism, kick it out, not today not any day. What i will not do is support any initiative with BLM associations.
You can believe me or not makes not a jot of difference to me. I know what i stand for and very comfortable with my objections to the BLM.

From elsewhere:

There’s no rule against “disrespecting the knee”. If a bunch of aging football fans wants to boo and fulminate against a player-led anti-racist initiative, and convince themselves that by doing so they are keeping their country safe from Marxism, then they should be free to do so. And everyone else should be free to make up their own minds about what is really going on.

But the players are the ones who are in control, and these protests can continue as long as they wish them to.

“There's nothing wrong with the car except that it's on fire.”- Murray Walker
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 49 - 70
8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Non Football › Legal Question.!

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.