Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Non Football › F A Chairman
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 39 Guests

F A Chairman

This thread currently has 19,848 views. Print
21 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
TAGG
November 12, 2020, 9:50am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +26 / -27
Approval: +2,941
Gold Stars: 126

But then you have to examine the reasons why and look at many factors. The key problem is that the media and politicians distil crime caused by black people into a message that says 'black people are criminals and killers, they are a threat to our society' (it's actually much clearer in the treatment of Muslims who are all branded as terrorists in some quarters).

And it's patent nonsense, of course not all black people commit crime and not all Muslims support terrorism. Just as all white people are not all saints.

But if there is a higher rate of crime in any clearly identifiable group we have to ask why that is and deal with the cause.

You forgot all whites aren't Racist oppressors but you would never think that the way they are portrayed by the woke media and the left wing elite.

In his three stints as Grimsby Town manager spanning over 10 years the club was never relegated and he also guided them to three promotions.
Only 14 managers have reached 1,000 matches in charge of a Football League team by 1998 and Buckley is one of them.
GOD
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 90 - 208
November 12, 2020, 11:16am
Guest User
Quoted from Rick12

Appreciate the input but let's not brand words like racism about to some users in previous posts who are slightly aggrieved at someone loosing their job for  using the word coloured . As noted before we were all initally coloured once. I'am actually as well as being a bit Latin also a bit Arab due to my mum (my dad being English).If someone was to call me coloured in the right context and  yes I do have some pigmentation in my skin tone  and not from a mocking or sarcastic ,negative stance  I wouldn't be in the slightest offended. Like if Arabs have to wear the headscarfs to protect their coloured skin from the harsh rays of the sun.

I sense certain previous posters are decent people and no way would I brand some of their comments as a veil for their racism to hide behind. I think you saying that denotes an aspect of your personna you can work on. Don't judge others without knowing them fully or it just puts you in a negative light.

We all have good and bad in us . Let's all just try to choose the good path which is the strongest and in the long run always beats the bad  and try to work on ourselves  for the better and  help each other out rather than sending out negative vibes which irritate and annoy .

Up the mariners.

Thank for taking time to read and comment. I'm sorry but I believe there is veiled racism. Until we accept there is still racism we will never change things. It is and always will be my opinion that calling a black person coloured is racist no ifs or buts it's plain racist. If that's part  of my persona I'm happy with it
I'm not an apologist for racists or their racist comments.

Reply: 91 - 208
BobbyCummingsTackle
November 12, 2020, 11:25am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.54
Rep Score: +8 / -4
Location: Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right, stuck in the middle...
Approval: +7,344
Gold Stars: 309
Quoted from TAGG

You forgot all whites aren't Racist oppressors but you would never think that the way they are portrayed by the woke media and the left wing elite.

I also didn't mention that not "all whites" are sh*t scared of a rebalancing of society, recognising their own racism (conscious or unconscious) and welcoming the fact that it's possible that people who don't look like me or talk like me have something positive to give to Britain.

Miss Scunthorpe. Not a beauty pageant, just sound advice.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 92 - 208
ska face
November 12, 2020, 11:31am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,827
Gold Stars: 854
If one of the main aspects of my job was to give the impression of advancing the interests of marginalised groups, I would just avoid using potentially inappropriate language during a Select Committee hearing. Quite simple really.

If I didn’t want to lose my job over it, I also would not have resigned. Again, very simple concept.
Private Message
Reply: 93 - 208
BobbyCummingsTackle
November 12, 2020, 11:39am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.54
Rep Score: +8 / -4
Location: Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right, stuck in the middle...
Approval: +7,344
Gold Stars: 309
Quoted from ska face
If one of the main aspects of my job was to give the impression of advancing the interests of marginalised groups, I would just avoid using potentially inappropriate language during a Select Committee hearing. Quite simple really.

If I didn’t want to lose my job over it, I also would not have resigned. Again, very simple concept.

Interesting that you use the words "give the impression". Some are suggesting that the FA is full of fine words but actions are a bit thin on the ground. He couldn't even get the fine words correct.

Miss Scunthorpe. Not a beauty pageant, just sound advice.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 94 - 208
ska face
November 12, 2020, 11:52am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,827
Gold Stars: 854

Interesting that you use the words "give the impression". Some are suggesting that the FA is full of fine words but actions are a bit thin on the ground. He couldn't even get the fine words correct.

Yes I think it’s exactly that. We all know what these men in suits on hundreds of thousands of pounds a year are there for, and it’s to apply a veneer of concern or respectability depending on the issue, make a hand-wringing statement every few months and ensure that no real change is affected. Unfortunately, the role also comes with the knowledge that you will be on the chopping block if you allow that mask to slip, which is what has happened here.
Private Message
Reply: 95 - 208
Sandford1981
November 12, 2020, 12:08pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.97
Rep Score: +11 / 0
Approval: +2,098
Gold Stars: 59
Quoted from ska face

Yes I think it’s exactly that. We all know what these men in suits on hundreds of thousands of pounds a year are there for, and it’s to apply a veneer of concern or respectability depending on the issue, make a hand-wringing statement every few months and ensure that no real change is affected. Unfortunately, the role also comes with the knowledge that you will be on the chopping block if you allow that mask to slip, which is what has happened here.

Nail on head!

“I know writers who use subtext and they’re all cowards.” –Garth Marenghi
Private Message
Reply: 96 - 208
TheRonRaffertyFanClub
November 12, 2020, 12:44pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.34
Rep Score: +43 / -11
Approval: +8,658
Gold Stars: 23
Quoted from ska face

We know what the job is and we know what this incumbent is like. There never was a good match there and in truth he should have realised that himself long before this happened. The job is as much political as sporting these days and you need experience in soft pedal and pussyfooting with some connections in the right places often beyond football. But the top echelons of football have been filled by tradition with football people who simply do not have that experience.

I wonder how people like Arthur Drewery and FA Would would fare in those FIFA and FA  committee rooms nowadays.

“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.”
― John Stuart Mill, On Liberty."
Private Message
Reply: 97 - 208
KingstonMariner
November 12, 2020, 12:49pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.03
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218

In any sane world what is offensive about what he said? I say again he was supporting ethnic minority players. Isn't that enough for you? Does he really have to conform to the current vocabulary or else you can put him down as not caring, or racist or anything else you might like to label him?

One day perhaps you will use the "incorrect" term; perhaps when you get a bit older and your mind is not as agile as it once was. In years to come you might use BAME as the correct term only for some frothing at the mouth lefty to berate you 'cos we used that term years ago. Would you think of yourself as racist, or uncaring because you used the wrong word?

I don't know anything about Greg Clarke. He might be the most wonderful person imaginable. He might do a lot of charity work and he may have done more to include minorities in the sport, but nothing matters because he used the wrong word. Its pathetic.  

Look pal. I’m not young. I’m 57. Age is no excuse.

Now if you care to address what I actually said we might have a meaningful debate, but you completely missed the point.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 98 - 208
KingstonMariner
November 12, 2020, 12:59pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.03
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
PS if I use the incorrect term any time, or say something offensive I expect to have that pointed out*. I would hope I have the good sense to learn and move on, not act like a big toddler screaming “it’s not fair. Cant do what I want!”

* and I have made mistakes and I do try to learn.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 99 - 208
21 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Non Football › F A Chairman

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.