Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Non Football › F A Chairman
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum
AdSense and 34 Guests

F A Chairman

This thread currently has 19,943 views. Print
21 Pages Prev ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 Next All Recommend Thread
BobbyCummingsTackle
November 13, 2020, 8:56am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.53
Rep Score: +8 / -4
Approval: +7,366
Gold Stars: 309

It's not racism. It is all about context. Knuts parents don't mean any harm and that should suffice. Further down, Knut makes the point that society has to move on - indeed it does but it doesn't have to involve older people being excrement scared of what they say when they grew up with different descriptions of all sorts of things.Society moves on slowly as new generations take up the reins.

Completely disagree. It's racism.

Miss Scunthorpe. Not a beauty pageant, just sound advice.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 140 - 208
Rick12
November 13, 2020, 8:58am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.14
Rep Score: +42 / -3
Approval: +255
Gold Stars: 45
Quoted from 140067

Thank for taking time to read and comment. I'm sorry but I believe there is veiled racism. Until we accept there is still racism we will never change things. It is and always will be my opinion that calling a black person coloured is racist no ifs or buts it's plain racist. If that's part  of my persona I'm happy with it
I'm not an apologist for racists or their racist comments

Its accepting facts though and trying to look at things from a balanced perspective without being completely shaped by those in the media/scientists etc. No person is perfect and has all the answers to life mystery's .

All life forms came from a single energy explosion which created the ever expanding  universe as we know today.

As evolution took shape  animals adapted to environment with humans being the ultimate and continuing expression of that. Humans at their essence are just animals with a consciousness .

Once we started to dominate the planet environment shaped us all genetically.

The key is and this is what racism ultimately means is to not ascribe negative labels to each sub group that occupy each part of planet earth. We are all a unique manifested energy form coming from that singular  energy release  that started everything.

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 141 - 208
November 13, 2020, 9:05am
Guest User

The sound of a white person reacting to change that they don't like.....

Well said.
Reply: 142 - 208
TheRonRaffertyFanClub
November 13, 2020, 10:20am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.34
Rep Score: +43 / -11
Approval: +8,658
Gold Stars: 23
Quoted from Gaffer58
Starting to wonder who the minority are in this country nowadays, just watch tv adverts and, it seems every advert now has a larger proportion of bames then the actual population. Study’s are starting to come out where white working class children are now the disadvantaged, in 50 years time it will be “ white lives matter” that will be all over. Basically what I’m trying to say and would assume quite a few on here would agree with is that for being born white we are all racist and must feel guilty of what previous generations have done.

Coincidentally it is exactly what Harry Styles said on the back cover of the BLM website. It is also almost exactly what our intellectual Prince Harry has been saying about his life since he married and decreased his IQ.

I am very ‘umble and accept I am thick when it comes to sorting out who is being racist to who but is this not a racist remark?

The CPS uses the following definition and comments such as those from Mr Styles and PH seem to fit.

"Any incident/crime which is perceived by the victim or any other person to be motivated by hostility or prejudice based on a person's race or perceived race"

“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.”
― John Stuart Mill, On Liberty."
Private Message
Reply: 143 - 208
friskneymariner
November 13, 2020, 11:17am

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +15 / -4
Approval: +4,159
Gold Stars: 38
As a racist awareness  trainer I can give a little insight into the thinking.The basic premise is that we as we all grew up and exist in a racist society we are subject to racist influences everyday. If you read any book by Enid Blyton I think you will be shocked int he present day context.
I always conducted my courses with the view that we had to reflect on our values and identify our own racist beliefs and attitudes.In saying that I believed those who displayed racist views unintentionally  should be able to explore why they held these beliefs in an non threatening environment.
However if their views were so  ingrained or entrenched they would be referred for further intervention,but the emphasis should be on reflection and self change,I shudder at some of the attitudes I held 40 years ago growing up in a small rural village,but I had the good fortune to experience some very good anti-discriminatory training.Not everybody has that opportunity

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day,teach a man to fish and you give him an excuse for him to escape from the wife and kids for the weekend and drink lots of beer.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 144 - 208
Sandford1981
November 13, 2020, 11:26am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.96
Rep Score: +11 / 0
Approval: +2,100
Gold Stars: 59
[quote=4064]As a racist awareness  trainer I can give a little insight into the thinking.[\quote]

May want to re-word that! 😉

“I know writers who use subtext and they’re all cowards.” –Garth Marenghi
Private Message
Reply: 145 - 208
lew chaterleys lover
November 13, 2020, 11:34am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,818
Gold Stars: 239
Quoted from Rodley Mariner
Yeah but what about all the imaginary pensioners being chastised because they've raised money for BAME groups but innocently used the wrong terminology? People like Lew Chaterley's Lover just want to defend these made up people from his made up accusations.

I never said anything like that but leaving that aside, I am simply pointing out that there are (probably) millions of older people who quite innocently use expressions that are not acceptable today. It is innocent because they don't mean anything derogatory, it is ingrained in them from living through earlier and very different times.

If you would rather hurl "racist" at them then that is up to you.

Those of you today shouting from the top of your ivory towers will themselves be ridiculed by the young as time marches on. It might not be racism that trips you up, but it will be some aspect of society where your views/comments/actions will be out of step with the acceptable norms of the day.

If peoples intentions are good then that is fair enough by me; using the wrong terminology for the times does not make you racist.
Private Message
Reply: 146 - 208
friskneymariner
November 13, 2020, 11:45am

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +15 / -4
Approval: +4,159
Gold Stars: 38
Quoted from Sandford1981
[quote=4064]As a racist awareness  trainer I can give a little insight into the thinking.[\quote]

May want to re-word that! 😉

No that was my role to make people aware of what racist thinking was.

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day,teach a man to fish and you give him an excuse for him to escape from the wife and kids for the weekend and drink lots of beer.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 147 - 208
Sandford1981
November 13, 2020, 11:57am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.96
Rep Score: +11 / 0
Approval: +2,100
Gold Stars: 59
Oh I get that but it reads like you are an awareness trainer who is racist.

“I know writers who use subtext and they’re all cowards.” –Garth Marenghi
Private Message
Reply: 148 - 208
November 13, 2020, 12:20pm
Guest User
Quoted from Sandford1981
Oh I get that but it reads like you are an awareness trainer who is racist.

No it doesn't. Eats shutes and leaves.
Reply: 149 - 208
21 Pages Prev ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Non Football › F A Chairman

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.