Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Non Football › F A Chairman
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 40 Guests

F A Chairman

This thread currently has 19,847 views. Print
21 Pages Prev ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 Next All Recommend Thread
Knut Anders Fosters Voles
November 12, 2020, 4:59pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.84
Rep Score: +24 / -1
Approval: +8,832
Gold Stars: 556
They dont need to be "corrected" do they? They don't mean any harm, they are not insulting anyone it is just the term they grew up with.

If we didn’t progress as a society my Dad would still be whacking off to 25 year old copies of Razzle. He’s moved online for his content but he still calls Zimbabwe, Rhodesia!
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 110 - 208
Ipswin
November 12, 2020, 5:09pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89

You’re 69 though Ipswin. A young buck!!

I do agree it can be a difficult situation. I read yesterday that ethnic minority is much preferred to BAME by members of those communities

A young buck? I wish I was!

As far as the use of the term 'black' is concerned I recall its use many many years ago (at football matches and in other places) but it was often followed by another word beginning with B in an openly racist way.

Ethic minority? Well yes, but there may well be those not happy with being put in that category either

Incidentally whilst it was not the main problem with his statement, I don't see the comment the FA bloke made about Asians being more career minded (or whatever he said) rather than wanting to kick a football around. His observation was 100% accurate IMO

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 111 - 208
Ipswin
November 12, 2020, 5:10pm
Vodka Drinker

If we didn’t progress as a society my Dad would still be whacking off to 25 year old copies of Razzle.

He hasn't got any copies he's finished with has he?

Private Message
Reply: 112 - 208
November 12, 2020, 5:11pm
Guest User
Quoted from Ipswin

I'm 69, I read newspapers, spend hours on the internet and watch TV (often at the same time) and it totally escaped me that 'coloured' was no longer acceptable. I was of course aware that the 'n' word, in use when I was a teenager was no longer acceptable (if it ever was) but I had heard of 'a person of colour' which I equated to 'coloured' allowing me to think coloured was acceptable in fact I too didn't like calling people 'black' (not all 'black' people are in my view black in fact some of mixed black / white race may not like it) Then of course we get BAME, what the intercourse is that all about?

For God's sake 'swin I'm 64 I'm well aware coloured is offensive and have been since the 60's as my aunt lived in Florida, they toilets labelled white and coloured. Buses for white and coloured and drinking fountains for white and coloured. Rosa Parkes was asked to get of the bus because she was coloured. This term was used to describe any one non white and denoted a lower class. Stay with it man and Google BAME. yes all lives matter but DO NOT MISUNDERSTAND THE BLM, its so much more. I went to school with Tony Ford I really didn't realise he was black until he played for Town when there were racist chants aimed at him. He was just our mate Tony.

Reply: 113 - 208
BobbyCummingsTackle
November 12, 2020, 5:11pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.54
Rep Score: +8 / -4
Location: Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right, stuck in the middle...
Approval: +7,344
Gold Stars: 309
They dont need to be "corrected" do they? They don't mean any harm, they are not insulting anyone it is just the term they grew up with.

We need to be careful with this 'it's the way they were brought up' and 'they don't mean any harm' defence of old people's racism - it's still racism. There was a time when beating your wife was acceptable, sending kids up chimneys was acceptable and it was the way people were brought up.

My parents were brought up with no phone in their houses but they've managed to adapt and facetime me once a week.

The impact of racism is not on the racists, it is on those who are racially abused, whatever that abuse looks like.

(I am making a general point here, not having a go at Knut or his parents).

Miss Scunthorpe. Not a beauty pageant, just sound advice.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 114 - 208
BobbyCummingsTackle
November 12, 2020, 5:15pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.54
Rep Score: +8 / -4
Location: Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right, stuck in the middle...
Approval: +7,344
Gold Stars: 309
Quoted from Ipswin

You're never finished with a copy of Razzle.

Miss Scunthorpe. Not a beauty pageant, just sound advice.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 115 - 208
Knut Anders Fosters Voles
November 12, 2020, 5:16pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.84
Rep Score: +24 / -1
Approval: +8,832
Gold Stars: 556
Quoted from Ipswin

Page 7 has taken a battering. Page 13 has been embellished by some ripped photos from Mum’s Kays catalogue - the girdle section
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 116 - 208
Ipswin
November 12, 2020, 5:17pm
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from 140067

For God's sake 'swin I'm 64 I'm well aware coloured is offensive and have been since the 60's as my aunt lived in Florida, they toilets labelled white and coloured. Buses for white and coloured and drinking fountains for white and coloured. Rosa Parkes was asked to get of the bus because she was coloured. This term was used to describe any one non white and denoted a lower class. Stay with it man and Google BAME. yes all lives matter but DO NOT MISUNDERSTAND THE BLM, its so much more. I went to school with Tony Ford I really didn't realise he was black until he played for Town when there were racist chants aimed at him. He was just our mate Tony.

Well clearly you are a clever girl private and are you now saying that any non-white is black?

Private Message
Reply: 117 - 208
Ipswin
November 12, 2020, 5:18pm
Vodka Drinker

You're never finished with a copy of Razzle.

Depends how you were brought up

Private Message
Reply: 118 - 208
Ipswin
November 12, 2020, 5:20pm
Vodka Drinker

Page 7 has taken a battering. Page 13 has been embellished by some ripped photos from Mum’s Kays catalogue - the girdle section

Oh yes! The Kay's catalogue, those corsets with the suspenders attached...

Private Message
Reply: 119 - 208
21 Pages Prev ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Non Football › F A Chairman

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.