Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Non Football › Should Shamima Begum be allowed back into the UK?
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 8 Guests

Should Shamima Begum be allowed back into the UK?

This thread currently has 5,121 views. Print
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
LH
July 19, 2020, 1:20pm

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,535
Gold Stars: 173
I see Boris Johnson has called the decision to allow legal aid for this terrorist "odd and perverse. "

That is one way of describing it, but I would say it is more of a kick in the guts for law abiding decent people who are sick to death of using taxpayers money like this.

I am a law abiding citizen and would like her to be allowed home so she can be jailed rather than free to roam the rest of the world spreading a terrorist message.
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 62
lew chaterleys lover
July 19, 2020, 2:11pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,732
Gold Stars: 237
Quoted from LH

I am a law abiding citizen and would like her to be allowed home so she can be jailed rather than free to roam the rest of the world spreading a terrorist message.

That's fair enough - different opinions are the lifeblood of discussion forums but surely we dont need a postscript to every post that "this is my personal opinion? "

Private Message
Reply: 31 - 62
barralad
July 19, 2020, 2:49pm
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.32
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,290
Gold Stars: 126
I see Boris Johnson has called the decision to allow legal aid for this terrorist "odd and perverse. "

That is one way of describing it, but I would say it is more of a kick in the guts for law abiding decent people who are sick to death of using taxpayers money like this. Is this what the legal aid system was designed to do - help fund the legal costs of terrorists who were deemed so dangerous their citizenship was revoked?

Boris says the government are considering a change in the law. I suggest he stops considering and starts to implement laws and actions that benefit the law abiding majority and let terrorists rot in Hell.

The Conservative government was given a huge mandate by the British people to sort out a lot of things including supporting the law abiding public and making life more difficult for terrorists, criminals, rapists and other assorted wrong doers so let's get on with it.

This Government were given a huge majority to implement Brexit. I cannot speak for the whole country but certainly in Grimsby whilst canvassing I was told "Only Brexit matters". I suspect by the end of this parliamentag there will be a lot of very narked voters.

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 62
grimsby pete
July 19, 2020, 3:00pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.80
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,801
Gold Stars: 222
Quoted from barralad

This Government were given a huge majority to implement Brexit. I cannot speak for the whole country but certainly in Grimsby whilst canvassing I was told "Only Brexit matters". I suspect by the end of this parliamentag there will be a lot of very narked voters.

There always are Ian most of them Labour voters.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 62
lew chaterleys lover
July 19, 2020, 3:43pm
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from barralad

You are probably right but Labour could not seem to grasp WHY it mattered to respect the result of a democratic vote and what Brexit stood for.

Private Message
Reply: 34 - 62
ska face
July 19, 2020, 3:49pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,664
Gold Stars: 847
The leadership did, and got slaughtered for it by every stooge the establishment could put in front of a camera.
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 62
barralad
July 19, 2020, 7:24pm
Mariners Trust
Quoted from ska face
The leadership did, and got slaughtered for it by every stooge the establishment could put in front of a camera.

Pretty accurate I'd say

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 62
lew chaterleys lover
July 19, 2020, 7:58pm
Vodka Drinker
That's funny as I can recall the Labour party saying that if they won the election they would renegotiate a "credible " Brexit deal, then put it to another referendum with, you've guessed it, the option to remain!

They then said they would campaign to remain!!

The voting public told them in no uncertain terms they wanted their original democratic vote to leave upheld.
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 62
ska face
July 19, 2020, 8:22pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,664
Gold Stars: 847
I would say that you’ve not read (or understood) what I just said, and that you have a remarkably uninformed understanding of how that policy was arrived at, but I wouldn’t want you to have another hissy fit.

Corbyn’s 2017 policy showed what would’ve been in place if not for a sustained, 2.5year campaign against the Brexit position by everyone from Blair, Campbell, Brown, Darling, the EU mouthpieces, Straw, Blunkett, Alan Johnson, the right of the party, almost every Labour Lord you should point out, The Guardian, most of the PLP, the Shadow Brexit Secretary, the entire mainstream media, the Lib Dems & SNP, the defecting politicians who set up Change UK and every pro-EU astroturf campaign that popped up with a Millbank office and endless pots of cash.
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 62
barralad
July 19, 2020, 8:41pm
Mariners Trust
Quoted from ska face
I would say that you’ve not read (or understood) what I just said, and that you have a remarkably uninformed understanding of how that policy was arrived at, but I wouldn’t want you to have another hissy fit.

Corbyn’s 2017 policy showed what would’ve been in place if not for a sustained, 2.5year campaign against the Brexit position by everyone from Blair, Campbell, Brown, Darling, the EU mouthpieces, Straw, Blunkett, Alan Johnson, the right of the party, almost every Labour Lord you should point out, The Guardian, most of the PLP, the Shadow Brexit Secretary, the entire mainstream media, the Lib Dems & SNP, the defecting politicians who set up Change UK and every pro-EU astroturf campaign that popped up with a Millbank office and endless pots of cash.

Quite correct and the only time I'd have accused Corbyn of weakness. Too many Remain M.P.s voices in London constituencies worried about losing a couple of thousand from their majorities whilst constituencies in the Midlands and the North were sacrificed despite repeated warnings about what was happening from canvass returns etc.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 62
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Non Football › Should Shamima Begum be allowed back into the UK?

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.