This thread currently has 19,392 views. Print
14 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 Next All Recommend Thread
Cloudy
September 29, 2017, 9:38pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.14
Rep Score: +17 / -8
Approval: +6,431
Agree about the turnover of players (& managers for that matter). I too feel very disconnected from the club.

Doesn't make it any better but it is virtually the same at every League 2 club. Perhaps it just goes with the territory?
Private Message
Reply: 90 - 139
September 29, 2017, 9:46pm
Guest User
Quoted from Cloudy
Agree about the turnover of players (& managers for that matter). I too feel very disconnected from the club.

Doesn't make it any better but it is virtually the same at every League 2 club. Perhaps it just goes with the territory?

Is it? I'm not sure other clubs have the same turnover as we do. We've started handing out two year deals now, unfortunately to poor quality footballers in my opinion, injury prone players and ageing journeyman. Mistakes we made in the past, mistakes we paid for so dearly. That said, a quick look at the table shows we are somehow much closer to the top seven than the bottom two. That amazes me as we are shite, I suppose aside from Tuesday, we've either won or lost so the points tally isn't as bad as it could be.
Reply: 91 - 139
chaos33
September 29, 2017, 9:58pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,937
Gold Stars: 360
In think it's worth mentioning to those who are ludicrously claiming it's the worst ever and that they want Slade out, that there is a sense of perspective to be considered. A look at the league table after 10 games will see clubs of similar size or history making a worse job of it than we are. Clubs recently in league 1 even, whilst we wallowed in the conference - something a lot of folk on here seem to have forgotten in their declaration that the club is 'rotten to the core'. Go tell it to Chesterfield, or Port Vale fans, who enjoyed L1 football last year and are now on their a*se at the foot of the league table, and turning over loads of average players. Or Colchester perhaps, or Crewe - also in L1 a short time ago. Similar sized clubs all, and all below us. And Carlisle. Oh dear. And Yeovil. Not going great for them is it. I know it's a pretty shabby looking team and style of play at present, but Luton have only got 5 more points than us and they've been back in league 2 for 4 years, spent some wedge and get 8k crowds.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 92 - 139
Grantham_Mariner
September 29, 2017, 10:00pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 0.80
Rep Score: +23 / -1
Approval: +3,191
Gold Stars: 51
If he is fit and playing well he will be back in January

If he is playing OK, and Slade can sign better in Jan he will stay at Barrow.

If he is still not fit in Jan his contract will be terminated.

Could also depend if Osbourne is back in training.

If he goes we have got cover even if we do not sign anyone in Jan.

IF ONLY........

If the football is bad you can always watch the gulls.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 93 - 139
grimsby pete
September 29, 2017, 10:01pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.80
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,801
Gold Stars: 222
Quoted from chaos33
In think it's worth mentioning to those who are ludicrously claiming it's the worst ever and that they want Slade out, that there is a sense of perspective to be considered. A look at the league table after 10 games will see clubs of similar size or history making a worse job of it than we are. Clubs recently in league 1 even, whilst we wallowed in the conference - something a lot of folk on here seem to have forgotten in their declaration that the club is 'rotten to the core'. Go tell it to Chesterfield, or Port Vale fans, who enjoyed L1 football last year and are now on their bottom and turning over loads of average players. Or Colchester perhaps, or Crewe - also in L1 a short time ago. Similar sized clubs all. And Carlisle. Not going great is it. Luton have only got 5 more points than us and they've been back in league 2 for 4 years, spent some wedge and get 8k crowds.

My thoughts exactly well said.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 94 - 139
jonnyboy82
September 29, 2017, 10:08pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.28
Rep Score: +71 / -36
Approval: +5,688
Gold Stars: 95
Russell slade  the "mans" manager , if this is true you should be ashamed and embarrassed of yourself and further goes on to confirm to myself what I already knew and that's whoever thinks Chris Clements can't get in the team ahead of James Berrett or luke Summerfield then your football ship sailed about 5 years ago me old mucker.

God this fvcking club .

GTFC
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 95 - 139
Stew0_0
September 29, 2017, 10:11pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.45
Rep Score: +20 / -4
Approval: +1,206
Gold Stars: 35
Safe to say we will in the market for a centre mid come January

On a serious note I didn't think Clements was anything special. Certainly think Rose will end up being a big player for us when fully fit and firing and cant wait till Osbourne(J) back. I still think an all action, creative sort with goals in him is what we need although Clements had a knack of being in the right place doesn't fit that bill for me.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 96 - 139
Southwark Mariner
September 29, 2017, 10:14pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +21 / -6
Approval: +3,550
Gold Stars: 83
Quoted from Grantham_Mariner
If he is fit and playing well he will be back in January

If he is playing OK, and Slade can sign better in Jan he will stay at Barrow.

If he is still not fit in Jan his contract will be terminated.

Could also depend if Osbourne is back in training.

If he goes we have got cover even if we do not sign anyone in Jan.

You'll be a Mariner, my son
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 97 - 139
Ahh Sole
September 29, 2017, 10:18pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.04
Rep Score: +2 / -1
Approval: +411
Quoted from jonnyboy82
Russell slade  the "mans" manager , if this is true you should be ashamed and embarrassed of yourself and further goes on to confirm to myself what I already knew and that's whoever thinks Chris Clements can't get in the team ahead of James Berrett or luke Summerfield then your football ship sailed about 5 years ago me old mucker.

God this fvcking club .

Well Jonny - ring John and make sure you've got your CV ready for when RS gets the sack because your knowledge of players and their abilities will undoubtedly get us winning the Champions League in 4/5 years max. Chris Clements was no better last season than James Berrett has been this season - we were inconsistent then, we are inconsistent now.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 98 - 139
KingstonMariner
September 29, 2017, 10:20pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.07
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from Southwark Mariner

You'll be a Mariner, my son

Moans apart, I think we all qualify under the 'if you can meet with Triumph and Disaster, and treat those two imposters just the same' rule.

We're still flipping here aren't we. It feels like the WWI soldiers song sometimes 'we're here because we're here because we're here....' ad infinitum.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 99 - 139
14 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Clements to Barrow

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.