14 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 Next All Recommend Thread
Ahh Sole
September 29, 2017, 8:16pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.04
Rep Score: +2 / -1
Approval: +411
Quoted from chaos33
Bit of a shrug from me. He's average, or limited if you prefer, a bit like every other central midfielder we've got. Fans don't see players in training or know personal situations so they'll have to trust the manager. I guess, if you like Clements and don't like Slade you're going to be cheesed off, but can't say I think we've lost an asset.

I don't particularly like Clements and I don't particularly dislike Slade but I particularly dislike someone being hung out to dry so soon after losing his Mum.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 80 - 139
moosey_club
September 29, 2017, 8:26pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.71
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,268
Gold Stars: 226
Quoted from Ahh Sole

I don't particularly like Clements and I don't particularly dislike Slade but I particularly dislike someone being hung out to dry so soon after losing his Mum.

i would say he hasnt been hung out to dry .....whether you believe Slades official fitness line or random female who says she lives with Clements line.......he clearly isnt geting a game here so he has been handed an opportunity to go now and prove his worth ahead of transfer window.
If he had been hung out to dry then Slade could have just kept him in the reserves.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLWL but not NLN 😁
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 81 - 139
grimsby pete
September 29, 2017, 8:32pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.80
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,800
Gold Stars: 222
There are so many experts on here,

I wonder why they are not managers of a football league club.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 82 - 139
Ahh Sole
September 29, 2017, 8:34pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.04
Rep Score: +2 / -1
Approval: +411
Quoted from grimsby pete
There are so many experts on here,

I wonder why they are not managers of a football league club.

Might be worth a phone call Pete  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 83 - 139
arryarryarry
September 29, 2017, 8:39pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,043
Gold Stars: 116
Quoted from ginnywings
Don't know if i'm bothered or not to be honest. He is decent but no world beater, and Slade, like all managers, rise or fall on their decisions. If we start to win games more regularly, he will soon be forgotten. If not, then the decision will carry on being used as a stick to beat the manager with. I think Rose has shown the potential to be at least as good, if not better than Clements and Berrett is looking like a mainstay with Summerfield waiting in the wings. Time will tell if it's the right move for both parties.

Probably agree with your assessment of Clements, however with regard to Rose I haven't seen anything to suggest he is any better.
Private Message
Reply: 84 - 139
ginnywings
September 29, 2017, 8:43pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,145
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from arryarryarry

Probably agree with your assessment of Clements, however with regard to Rose I haven't seen anything to suggest he is any better.

I thought he had a very good game against Crewe and was my MOM. Think there is some potential there.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 85 - 139
forza ivano
September 29, 2017, 8:53pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,206
Gold Stars: 265
Quoted from Cloudy
I watched Clements last season and simply don't get the love in. He was ok for league two, nothing more, nothing less. Not particularly rated in a struggling Mansfield side. Seems Mickey Moore is a huge fan as he has followed him around but nobody else seems bothered about him,

Also told he is on a huge wage ( compared with he vast majority of our players) so with tumbling gates that may have played a part?

Spot on cloudy.seemed to me to be a one trick pony. Never understood why people rated him. The fact that fat Kent evans n slade (1000-2000 league games managed between them) have both got rid of him probably tells us all we need to know. Seems to me that slade has been straight with him and has agreed to a sugared pill to feed to the media n fans.happens all the time, so just being used by the anti slade ists as another stick to beat him with
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 86 - 139
September 29, 2017, 9:09pm
Guest User
Quoted from GrimRob
I could understand a month on loan but three is a long stint! That's straight into the transfer window and an escape route for him. The conveyor belt of players at this club is relentless. I kind of feel that we'll never have a decent spell until we get a settled squad again, with a nucleus of settled players. Looking at Lincoln's line-up that's what they seem to have.

I've lost interest, I think the turnover of players is a big part that. I have no affinity with these lads, barely recognise them before they've gone and someone else is in the team. I do think we are a poor side, a worryingly poor side who could well go close to the bottom two. Strange decisions, awful tactics. ugly football adds up to a very unenjoyable matchday experience.

Are we a better side than the team that only finished fourth in the National League? I don't think so and that concerns me.
Reply: 87 - 139
forza ivano
September 29, 2017, 9:13pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,206
Gold Stars: 265
Quoted from 75

I've lost interest, I think the turnover of players is a big part that. I have no affinity with these lads, barely recognise them before they've gone and someone else is in the team. I do think we are a poor side, a worryingly poor side who could well go close to the bottom two. Strange decisions, awful tactics. ugly football adds up to a very unenjoyable matchday experience.

Have to agree with you bp.havent been to a single game so far, and I usually do a dozen or so every season, despite living 200 miles away. Really don't think I can be arsedd with p.vale and I usually enjoy that trip. I know hurst didn't think the conference side was good enough but I honestly think I'd rather be watching Pearson, Disley, Arnold etc than this bunch who seem like a total bunch of anonymous journeymen
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 88 - 139
grimsby pete
September 29, 2017, 9:17pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.80
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,800
Gold Stars: 222
To be honest I am fed up of the turnover of players in the last 10+ years,

When we have had a decent squad 2 or 3 new players would be needed,

So the last  few seasons when 12 or 13 players coming in tells you something.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 89 - 139
14 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Clements to Barrow

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.